Server time: 2019-04-20, 15:21
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 1 hour, 38 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Steffaaan

Combat logged

I got banned because my internet cut off 17 minutes after I killed someone, I was long gone by then. It was never my intention to rob him but he ran up to me and my friend while I tried to take the best out of my last minutes of internet and I had to rob him before he would get hostile.

Why would I still need to wait 30 minutes after executing someone, I wasn't even close to the location when my internet cut off. 3 days ban is way too harsh for this because it was never my intention.

I can understand that after you're getting chased and you're still on the run you should stay ingame for 30 minutes because it would be Combatlogging if you did, but this is getting ridiculous.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

This rule exists to give players (or their allies) enough time to try and track you down to exact retribution after you've committed hostile actions against them.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Steffaaan said:

I tried to take the best out of my last minutes of internet .

How would you know that your internet would die?

9 minutes ago, Steffaaan said:

Why would I still need to wait 30 minutes after executing someone

You have no idea if he has friends in the area, combat logging would ruin any chance of RP this potential friend and yourself might have if you were found by them.

Edited by DaRsnn

3 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

He knows due his mom shutting his internet off everyday at the same time lmao.

You have no idea if he has friends in the area, combat logging would ruin any chance of RP this potential friend and yourself might have if you were found by them.

Tho what are the chances of finding someone is such a big world what if they had a car and drove off?. 5-15 minutes is understandable but what do you mean 30minutes. 

I completely understand this, this being the reason we ran really far away to avoid any other players. I knew my internet would turn off because it has a timer on it shutting the power towards the router until 8 in the morning.

1 minute ago, Apee said:

He knows due his mom shutting his internet off everyday at the same time lmao.

If he knew the time that it would be shut off then it is his own fault for engaging in a hostile scenario

1 minute ago, Apee said:

Tho what are the chances of finding someone is such a big world what if they had a car and drove off?. 5-15 minutes is understandable but what do you mean 30minutes. 

It's a big world yes, but it is not too hard to track people, rules say 30 mins minimum, 30 mins minimum

Just now, DaRsnn said:

If he knew the time that it would be shut off then it is his own fault for engaging in a hostile scenario

Sure if you find someone its instanly your fault of enganging in a situation what do you even mean brother.

1 minute ago, DaRsnn said:

It's a big world yes, but it is not too hard to track people, rules say 30 mins minimum, 30 mins minimum

You're talking about a potential friend right how would that potential friend have known that the potential friend has been shot? give it a think braincheck lmao. your friend gets shot twice in the head but still is able to use radio? also if that potential friend wouldve called that potential friend on the radio before he shouldve known. there was nothing.

30 minutes is just a stupid rule. it has no brains behind it and never been thought about.

The rules say 30 minutes - they are there for everyone, not just to cater to someone's needs.

This should have been taken into account before committing a hostile action.

Just now, Apee said:

Sure if you find someone its instanly your fault of enganging in a situation what do you even mean brother.

If you have a timer before it gets shut off, don't engage in a situation that would require an extensive amount of time to fulfill, if you need to go you can ask in OOC chat *//Perms to Log?* If they say no then sorry bud, that's just how it is.

3 minutes ago, Apee said:

You're talking about a potential friend right how would that potential friend have known that the potential friend has been shot? give it a think braincheck lmao. your friend gets shot twice in the head but still is able to use radio? also if that potential friend wouldve called that potential friend on the radio before he shouldve known. there was nothing.

30 minutes is just a stupid rule. it has no brains behind it and never been thought about.

It is a rule nevertheless.

39 minutes ago, Cal said:

This should have been taken into account before committing a hostile action.

-User has been warned for this post.-

Just now, DaRsnn said:

If you have a timer before it gets shut off, don't engage in a situation that would require an extensive amount of time to fulfill, if you need to go you can ask in OOC chat *//Perms to Log?* If they say no then sorry bud, that's just how it is.

Alrighty

41 minutes ago, Apee said:

Timer only starts after you have completed a hostile action, there is nothing telling you that when you meet someone you have to commit a hostile action towards them, simply say hello and walk away or have a normal conversation.

2 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

You're now just making it stupid lmao. WHY would you ban someone for making a honest mistake while you could've warned him by saying. next time ask perm in ooc. lmao think about it 3 days ban for your first offence? that is just fucking stupid.

4 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

Nice response

1 minute ago, DaRsnn said:

Timer only starts after you have completed a hostile action, there is nothing telling you that when you meet someone you have to commit a hostile action towards them, simply say hello and walk away or have a normal conversation.

He ran towards me and my friend aiming a shotgun, nice saying hello then.

36 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

Alright lads, that's enough. The rule is not up for discussion. If you know your internet is about to shut down and you still engage in hostile actions then it's on you. If you cannot abide by the rule, you will not stand for a long time around here. You'll be kind enough to cut back on the attitude as well.

Just now, Steffaaan said:

He ran towards me and my friend aiming a shotgun, nice saying hello then.

If he initiated on you, you could've complied and asked him in OOC chat like I mentioned previously, if he were to say no, then that is rather unfortunate, my suggestion would be, don't play on the server when you have a time limit.

36 minutes ago, Apee said:

Hey, there are rules on this server that all have to abide by. If they don't then there are consequences. You might think it's a stupid rule but they are there for a reason.

Anyway your friend is banned due to the report below...BadRP/Trolling. If he thinks the verdict is unfair then he can post an appeal

EDIT: Ooops my bad he got banned for combat logging as well. I really think instead of being disrespectful to staff your friend needs to re-read the rules. If he needs help then I'm sure the staff will offer support.

2 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

If he initiated on you, you could've complied and asked him in OOC chat like I mentioned previously, if he were to say no, then that is rather unfortunate, my suggestion would be, don't play on the server when you have a time limit.

So you just have to let yourself die. thats just wonderfull lmao. 3 days ban for your first offence thats not even a bad one is just stupid.

1 minute ago, Samaritan said:

Hey, there are rules on this server that all have to abide by. If they don't then there are consequences. You might think it's a stupid rule but they are there for a reason.

Anyway your friend is banned due to the report below...BadRP/Trolling and not for combat logging. If he thinks the verdict is unfair then he can post an appeal. 

I really couldnt care less that he got banned for anything he did, The fact you get banned 3 days for your first offence and try to fight the ban because it was out of your control. and then just get a response 30 mins is 30mins nothing we can do about it is just insane. there is no feeling for players in this at all. he couldve gotten a warning with an explanation and he wouldve understood but now he has to fight the ban and then get an awsner you have to ooc ask to leave what a nice prank.

1 minute ago, Apee said:

So you just have to let yourself die. thats just wonderfull lmao. 3 days ban for your first offence thats not even a bad one is just stupid.

I'd suggest toning down on the attitude and maybe contact a staff member with your disinterest towards the rule, to maybe help you better understand it, and with the punishment system.

25 minutes ago, Cal said:

I'd suggest toning down on the attitude and maybe contact a staff member with your disinterest towards the rule, to maybe help you better understand it, and with the punishment system.

I would close this thread now to be honest, I think someone needs to step away from the computer for a while...

25 minutes ago, Apee said:

Again, the attitude. Swearing won't help get your "point" across. You didn't say you "Don't understand the rule", but with what I am reading, you are misinterpreting what the rule is meant to be.

21 minutes ago, Samaritan said:

I would close this thread now to be honest, I think someone needs to step away from the computer for a while...