Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 06:27
Sign in to follow this  
montym

Make the AK more common again.

AK Poll  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that for the most popular firearm in the world, it sure isn't seen more often than other rifles. It's recoil is through the roof, making it much less accurate than a M4, but the upside should be it's availability. The reality is I haven't seen much AKs around in firefights or just on the backs of passerby's. Western rifles are usually superior to the Eastern ones in some way, either by accuracy or power, but they do not match the amount that exist in the world. So I listed some possible solutions if you'd like to see this change. If you have another Idea for introducing this change then feel free to say it. If you don't then please state why.

Yes

Its a post soviet country there should be AKS all over the place

79a8b9b4bd703eba5f1b37fadb8bbb65.png

Actual location of factories that produce AKs, now take into factor that we're 600 days into the apocalypse.

ac08b59e8a4e2f31e484d5c780e1c62f.png

@JimRP This is a map of what each country's weapon of choice is, so I sincerely doubt distance from a factory would be a problem. Also take into account that just maybe Chernarus also has weapons factories either in or out of South Zagoria. It's also given that we're 600 days into the apocalypse but that would also apply to other weapons as well.

Thing is, that ATM in the game/mods there are only one (1) AK. Previously there used to be 3 different kinds of AK's in the game. But, we have to hope that modders/DayZ Dev's put up some heat on this matter. Western guns just are in numbers at the moment in game so there is not much that can be done. Unless western weapons are reduced by alot, and AK's increased.

Kind of don't mind personally, at one side, yes more AK's would be nice and it makes sense but on the other hand, you don't need military grade automatic weapons to RP, a mosin or winchester will do me good.

@CrescentGent It's not for everyone to have a military grade weapon to RP, after all I've only used pistols and SMGs mainly. It's more so for it being more common in the Automatic rifle category, I just added the option in the poll to increase the amount that exist in case people would like to see that happen.

ak?!, i would be happy if i can find the ammunition that i need for the gun i have atm 😄

I'm all for more AKs, but I'm pretty sure you see people with western weapons more because they prefer them. Also South Zagoria has many NATO bases, had many NATO/UN deployed after the outbreak, and of course the civil war which with all the Marines and their weapons. Im all for more AKs, but don't nerf western guns in the process.

47 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Actual location of factories that produce AKs

The AK-47 and variants are some of the easiest guns in the world to mimic and reproduce. A good majority of AK's in use by militant groups aren't produced in factories.

I just... don't really care.

If i have a gun, i'm game. Hell i got held up whilst having a mosin earlier lmao like, 

If i got a gun i'm happy it's that simple. The make, type etc. Really don't matter that much to me.

While I think a slightly higher cap on how many can be present on the map would be a welcome change, I'm personally against worrying about frequency of gun spawns compared to others just due to how little gun variety we actually have.

Once we get a full menu of guns back, then yes, start tweaking spawn rates for western vs. eastern guns.  Until then, balancing these lists every single time a new gun comes out is more effort than it's worth IMO.

There are 10-15 guns of each type on the map at any given time, as soon as one is picked up or cycled, another one spawns somewhere else. Go out and find them. What this post is all about is that you just want to be able to get one in the first tent you visit instead of doing what the game actually wants you to do, move around the map and loot. Sure you might miss one that spawns after you've left the place or someone might have picked one up 5 minutes before you got there but that's the way the game is and should remain.

We've had this discussion just a week back but it's clear from evidence both in server logs and from peoples stories that there are enough guns to go around as long as you spend some time looking for them. People are mistaking the loot economy as it was back in old mod or pre .62, it's not a static thing that spawns infront of you anymore. Loot is constantly being cycled and spawns away from hotspots of players.

In the military base outside of Kamensk I literally found 3 AKM´s, 2 SCAR-L and a whole lot of doublestanag/drummags last night.

All you need to do is rob someone for one if you want one, it is easy to loot because people always generously carry what you need, until you relieve them of it.

Post-Soviet country, Yugoslav wars bringing in weapons and cheap weapons from Russia, yeah there should be more AK's than there is currently. 

@Misho It's more so about getting more AKs into the Assault rifle economy, without increasing the amount of assault rifles there are. Also, don't assume I don't go out looting, you do not know how I play and I sure haven't met you in game.

Posted (edited)

No, don't remove the other weapon spawns from military areas, just increase AK spawns dramatically to where they are the most common rifles available.

Edited by Zero

I have been finding a lot more AK's recently, I assume this is because people forgot they had stashes or started dying in firefights. 

Western guns should be rare, eastern guns should be common.

There really isnt a discussion.

There should be alot more eastern style weapons and western guns rare

Its a post soviet state 

You litterly just find western style weapons in a post soviet country its kinda stupid

They literally manufacture them in Chernarus. It doesn't matter how long into the outbreak we are. If you read the description of the CR-75 it describes a plant in Kirovograd that makes weapons.

Where plants are matters zilch. There would be tons of guns in circulation. It's not as if once they are picked up they magically disappear. They would circulate in from Takistan, Russia, and other places. 

It's the most produced weapon like ever. I have 3 of them IRL and all my neighbors and my town have oodles and oodles of them doesn't matter how far we are from a Tula or Izmash plant. If we started killing each other there would be more guns and less owners.

So yes.

Posted (edited)

I voted no, because I rather not see the exact variant of weapon lying everywhere. But how about instead of increasing their spawn rate, we just add more AK variants to the game? Which would potentially be the same thing, but more variety. Is it possible to add the old AK variants (AKM, AK74, AK74U, AK101) in game files with the 1.02 animations? 

Edited by CamoRP

@CamoRP yeah I kinda see what you mean. Wouldn't hurt to add more of the AK variety, like the RPK, AK101 (5.56 caliber AK). I just think that if it's just a attachment change like the stock, barrel, etc then it doesn't really need to be added.

@CamoRPbeanz to you for that idea

Its a no from me, the rarer the assault rifles the better and with the AK being 7.62 I am happy for it to be rare to find. Saying that though it can be very random as I found 2 in 2 tents next to each other the other day near Kamenka.

My main fear is that they become TOO common. I see both sides of the story. On one hand, it would make sense that a post-soviet state would have an abundant number of weapons, however 2 years is a long time. Soviet strategy was to make a shitton of everything. Tanks, trucks, guns, you name it. That being said however, these trucks, guns, and tanks were all usually pretty unreliable. Which is to say, they needed frequent matientence or just broke down after a bit of wear and tear. This means that in Chernarus, most AK series rifles (which by this point are already pretty damn old) would only be good for parts or need significant repair to make them fully functioning. Obviously, we can't fix broken guns yet, so for now, id just suggest just... leaving the loot tables be.

TLDR:

actually.jpeg.1fdd31a04b10657ee54a13a9d179c8a1.jpeg