Server time (UTC): 2019-10-17, 21:56
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Law

Walking Dead Glitch

Interesting glitch I got when trying to kill myself to change my character model. 

Would be nice is our dead characters got up with the gear and start walking around.  

-snip-

23 minutes ago, Falk said:

Would be nice is our dead characters got up with the gear and start walking around.  

I wanted to code something like that, when killed as a human, you go unconscious for 30-60s and then wake up and play with a zombie model and you have kill rights on all humans. But there's lots of issues with it, from controlling the zombie model and the transition between two player states, to switching the model, stance, animations, etc. If I had unlimited free time, maybe 😉 

1 minute ago, Roland said:

I wanted to code something like that, when killed as a human, you go unconscious for 30-60s and then wake up and play with a zombie model and you have kill rights on all humans. But there's lots of issues with it, from controlling the zombie model and the transition between two player states, to switching the model, stance, animations, etc. If I had unlimited free time, maybe 😉 

This would be amazing.

Does DayZ actually have support for players as 'zombie' models?

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

Doesn’t that completely go against the dayz lore and our lore ? 

2 minutes ago, Saints said:

Doesn’t that completely go against the dayz lore and our lore ? 

What is lore? 😉 

Is ThIs No vALuE fOR lIFE?

3 hours ago, Roland said:

- SNIB -

This would be cool, or we could make it like it is in Project Zomboid (I think) where if you die, your character will turn into an AI controlled zombie that you can kill to recover you lost stuff. Only is our case, it would be an AI controlled zombie that someone else can kill to obtain your gear. Whenever someone dies, their character would lay there for 5 - 10 minutes before coming back as a zombie. Zombification processed could be canceled/prevented by cutting the body up or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Banshee said:

Whenever someone dies, their character would lay there for 5 - 10 minutes before coming back as a zombie. Zombification processed could be canceled/prevented by cutting the body up or something along those lines.

Except there's no zombies in DayZ and the infected are alive.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OldSchoolOG said:

Except there's no zombies in DayZ and the infected are alive.

Okay,

Whenever someone dies gets infected, their character would lay there for 5 - 10 minutes before coming back as a zombie infected. Zombiefication infection processes could be canceled/prevented by cutting the body up or something along those lines.

Is that better? Are you now able to comprehend the idea that I had in mind?

Edited by Banshee