Server time: 2019-04-22, 03:13
YNW Dusty

Make cars a bit weaker than they currently are

Make cars a bit weaker?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before the most recent patch, the one that reintroduced the FAL to the game, cars would ruin and start smoking after 5 or so shots to the engine block. This had its own pros (could despawn basically trashed cars) and cons (cars should probably be a bit stronger than that). However, currently it can take more than an entire mag from a gun to ruin a car, and takes a pretty insane crash to actually ruin them too.

This is an issue because there are currently cars around the map, with absolutely no parts, either hidden away or crashed into a pole. And because it can take more than a mag to ruin the car and make it respawn, it's not worth it to try to make them respawn. This means that no new cars are respawning, making a working car the rarest thing in the game right now, which obviously isn't that realistic. 

So, I'm suggesting that a good middle ground be reached for the amount of damage cars can take. I think they should be stronger than they were last patch, but weaker than they currently are. Maybe our devs could add the ability to destroy cars with matches again? Idk. I just think it needs changing.

Don't know the last patch but imo cars are cars if you crash they should always be the same as they have been. Take care of what you got in a place like this. IMO its a luxury to have cars because irl people will always want what you got more or less.....

Posted (edited)

I agree that we should get them respawning more 100%, but with how buggy and laggy cars can be due to the ridiculous player cap, I kinda like the fact that lag throwing me into a tree at 8mph isn't going to slaughter me and my family, or explode the car into a million pieces.

A bit torn on this!

Matches would just be the best thing if they could, even though it would lead to some grief it would defo be worth it!

Edited by ToeZOG

Shouldnt we just be repairing cars rather than making them respawn? Wouldnt it be better to increase the car parts spawning?

I dont know much about the cars as ive been staying away (especially after watching one fly last night)

Posted (edited)

Repair a trashed car and it will be rubber banding, teleporting and swerving left to right by itself. Once you crash a car it isn't going to work like it used to. I say just respawn them.

Edited by cheeks

Wouldn't making cars stronger be better for everyone? if you rob someone in a car and shoot them as they are driving away you yourself can then use the car since it'll be harder to damage it

Destroying with matches could work but would there be logs for this? if yes then i don't see why not

Id say just don't touch them. They broken as it is and any tinkering could just make them into actually satalites instead of just rockets. 

Posted (edited)

Cars should slowly deteriorate over-time, meaning that if someone parked it in a forest somewhere completely hidden and didn't touch it for +/- a week, it would ruin and despawn, kinda like how Rust base building works. That way those who take care of their car get to keep it, and cars that are parked/hidden in the forest somewhere and are forgotten will despawn and respawn somewhere else.

Edited by Banshee

With how buggy cars are currently and have always been to be honest.  I'd recommend not fiddling with them until they are in a solid state.