Server time: 2019-04-21, 15:10
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 hour, 49 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
stoney_

S1 NW Air Field / GearRP 4/12/2019, 05:28-5:40

Server and location: S1 NW Air Field

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 4/12/2019 5:28-5:40 approx.

Your in game name: Kain Walkens

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): n/a 

Detailed description of the events: 

I was running across the airfield, got attacked from zombies and they did some damage to my backpack and sweater. In the process of stitching up my sweater in a bush, I hear another bush ruffle and a man steps out telling me not to move and to put my hands up with a shotgun pointed at me. I told him to be calm, I was just repairing my sweater and Im going to slowly move from the bush, which I did. He then told me to put my hands up and lay down. I did as I was told and was asking him why my face being in the dirt was necessary, basically providing some RP aspect and he would not RP in any way. He told me to remove my weapons (Scar, PP19, and my pistol) and place them on the ground and crawl away. I did so and he immediately tells me to drop my radio and my backpack after I begin to follow orders and crawl away from my weapons. I asked him what he's even looking for, who he was, what else could he possibly want. He asks me if I have any sharp objects that could hurt me and I said I just have this dull sword that can't cut shit. He then tells me to drop the sword and, again, crawl away. I do so and without a word, he just takes my weapons, my hunter backpack (switching it with his orange backpack), then tells me something along the lines of stay here or don't move and runs off.

This whole interaction happened within 30 seconds or so. There was no RP involved on his end, and while I tried to communicate, he never said anything but basic short orders. The man simply held me up for my weapons and backpack. My backpack contained all my food, space for my PP19 and some random items and I was left with a orange bag with ammo clips for a M4 and a UMP, my radio, my sword, and a can of tactical bacon.

@stoney_ Did this man ever type in chat or could we find any hit logs to determine who he is?

Greetings @stoney_, I've been looking over the logs and I have a couple of questions. Where roughly on the airfield did you get robbed, and what direction did the person that robbed you run off?

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

@stoney_ Did this man ever type in chat or could we find any hit logs to determine who he is?

No, Never once RP'd a pat down (ex *Pats down your jacket* //Do I find anything) None of that. It was quick and very brief words where I was only told to drop things and place my hands on my head. It honestly felt like I got robbed in a regular PVP server with there being 0 RP being done by him. 

5 hours ago, Zanaan said:

Greetings @stoney_, I've been looking over the logs and I have a couple of questions. Where roughly on the airfield did you get robbed, and what direction did the person that robbed you run off?

I was robbed at the South Western side of NWAF just after all those big 2-Story Barracks. The suspect ran South towards Vybor through some bushes and I lost sight after ~50 ft because I ran back to grab my radio and send out an SOS. 

To add to the location @Zanaan , I believe this was the area where everything happened and also noted the direction he ran before I lost sight and gave up. 

9F58FDF7-C642-44E2-8B55-F17C2602F7FA.jpeg

05:31:11 | Player "Jayce Cooper" (pos=<4567.2, 10401, 339.0>)
05:36:10 | Player "Jayce Cooper" (pos=<4069.1, 9845.7, 355.2>)

Connection Logs

04:31:11 | Player "Jayce Cooper" is connected
05:43:51 | Player "Jayce Cooper"has been disconnected

Calling in 

@cuzz (Jayce Cooper)

For his full and detailed PoV and any evidence he might have. Can you also please explain why you logged off only 13 minutes after robbing the OP?

6 hours ago, Zanaan said:
05:31:11 | Player "Jayce Cooper" (pos=<4567.2, 10401, 339.0>)
05:36:10 | Player "Jayce Cooper" (pos=<4069.1, 9845.7, 355.2>)

Connection Logs

04:31:11 | Player "Jayce Cooper" is connected
05:43:51 | Player "Jayce Cooper"has been disconnected

Calling in 

@cuzz (Jayce Cooper)

For his full and detailed PoV and any evidence he might have. Can you also please explain why you logged off only 13 minutes after robbing the OP?

Hello,

Sorry for not replying earlier. I was with my partner at the airfield and were looking for the man or men who robbed two of our friends and killed the other without giving him proper time to surrender. We were stalking you from the ACT in the middle of the air field, watching your every move. You matched descriptions of the guys that robbed and killed our friends a little bit before. So we decided to act on the situation. Before I went down to initiate, my buddy saw a couple of other individuals coming towards your direction. So he informed me that I had to act quick and that is exactly what I did. It was sort of out in the open and I didn't wan't to be out in the open long so I acted quickly. For the logging out part, it was quite late and I had class in the morning and I wasn't thinking honestly. That is on me.

Well sorry to tell you buddy, but that still doesn't excuse you from basically Gear RP'ing me for 3 weapons and a backpack with no context behind it. If you supposedly got word that there were players near me, which there wasn't as far as I saw after I gave a brief chase, why wouldn't you wait for the all-clear or stalked me further? Why didn't you approach me and give me at least basic RP to gain confirmation on my identity and what I was up to and initiate properly based on your suspicions? We weren't in the open either.. We were literally surrounded by bushes and mini-trees so we were hidden, that's kinda why I chose that spot to stitch my sweater. As for logging out, why would you even initiate knowing you're about to get off?

Im sorry but your whole excuse was BS in my eyes. So many things are twisted on your end. You mentioned nothing about your friend being robbed during our altercation, you gave me nothing but demands for my weapons and backpack, and took off. 

Do either of you have any evidence?

4 minutes ago, Zanaan said:

I don't have any sadly.

16 minutes ago, Zanaan said:

Not on my end. My playback wasn't on when I hit my keybind for it.

All he's mentioned is that he had to 'act quickly' but yet didn't bother roleplaying the slightest. I'm curious as to how this is going to turn out because he hasn't even objected to there being a lack of dialogue and roleplay during our incident as well as performing a specific item snatch and grab.

Verdict:

@cuzz - BadRP/Combat Logging - Guilty.

Summary:

@stoney_ is at the airfield. He goes to repair his sweater at which point @cuzz begins holding him up. @stoney_ tries to RP with @cuzz as he takes @stoney_ stuff, before quickly running off, leaving @stoney_ on the airfield with no equipment. 

Now, onto the rulebreaks. @cuzz You will be punished for BadRP, as the OP states that you robbed him with minimal roleplay involved, and quickly ran off after you got his gear, more or less, which is confirmed by you saying that you wanted to act quickly. Regardless of whether or not there are people in the area, you are obligated to provide somebody with a good level of RP if you take them hostage, not just hold them up for their gear and then run away from them. This is an RP server, not a no KOS server.

Furthermore, you will also be punished for combat logging, as you logged off 13 minutes after robbing @stoney_. Regardless of your reason for logging off, you should always keep in mind that when you initiate on somebody, you must stay in game for another 30 minutes, or until you are killed. If you have to log off before your timer, you should try and get in touch with whoever you initiated on, either through the forums or through asking staff in the Helpdesk in discord.

The rules which support this verdict are:

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

Outcome:

@cuzz - Combat Logging/BadRP - Guilty | 5 day ban and 10 warning points

Signed by: @RandyRP, @Pontiff, @Phoenix & @Onyx