Server time: 2019-04-22, 22:58
TeutonicOG

DayZRP feedback - the behavior of a community

Posted (edited)

I agree with @Jasper this should be closed since it will change nothing and only make people catch flaming points.

Send in an appeal for starters and try to get the verdict changed 

Edited by NozzyRP

Posted (edited)

People really want this thread removed over someone’s opinion. Nobody flaming here 

Edited by PogoOG

Just now, PogoOG said:

People really want this thread removed over someone’s opinion. 🤨

Not over someone's opinion nor would I advocate it being removed, simply locked for the time being as it hit the ground running as far as flamey things go to be honest, but that's just my opinion, it's up to staff or @TeutonicOG at the end of the day. 

I just think there's healthier ways to go about discussing these things. 

Posted (edited)

Ok, as a ex member of the saviors who granted wasn't in it for that long I want to say this. Everyone in this community takes the sides of their pals, anyone who sees the 'enemy' as exposing the friends will be attacked. While running with the saviors I saw radio posts that were very clearly calls to attack. But we all gotta agree, BOTH SIDES had some form of hatred or dislike for each other OOC. Ive done my best to talk to as many people I can OOCly about how they feel about others in the community. And outta respect for them I won't say names but a lot of folk have the same opinion. "I won't RP with group ___ because the OOC hate ruins the RP." This comes from both sides and its a real issue. People need to understand that we all want to enjoy our time on RP and people take criticism too personally. They are worried about the backlash of trying to talk it out or being brushed aside as unimportant. The borders between friendships and groups need to be taken down for this thread so we can talk as individuals instead of blindly backing our friends. 

Edited by FireDude

I will see how this will goes for the next 15 minutes. If People Keep seeing it as complaining without having a reason or something then I will close this again. I was just hoping to sort some things out.

So again

If you see me or anyone of my Group or my Group as a whole as a Problem for conflict then please PM me. I am Looking Forward to Change this Problem so in future we all can enjoy the RP again together. All it Needs is a Little bit of communication in a good Manor.

22 minutes ago, PogoOG said:

My problem is staff bias and staff abuse. Mainly staff members using admin tools to teleport their group, or solving reports on behalf of their friends. Not to mention all the OOC drama and OOC hate which Toby has already pointed out

PM me with those staff abuse reports, I have logs every single action done through admin tools, it's very easy to track.

This. We need to slam down on the problems people face here. I dont want to be scared for who I ran with or what my honest opinion is. 

18 minutes ago, PogoOG said:

My problem is staff bias and staff abuse. Mainly staff members using admin tools to teleport their group

If you think staff members are abusing their tools, then take it to an admin. If it's an admin doing it, take it to Jim or Rolle.

As for the OP, I get where you are coming from, but I can't help but feel you're talking about your group's experience, not the server as a whole. I see plenty of people talk reports out, it's a pretty common sight. Furthermore, from my perspective, it seems like this is just a rant thread about how you guys get treated under the guise of it being feedback on the community. Moody is a friend of mine, and I was part of the Saviours last October, but regardless of how good of a person Moody is, he exceeded the 30 point limit and paid the price for it. I understand that wasn't the point of the few lines you dedicated to him, and just wanted to put him in a more positive light, however I think that is something you should keep in mind. 

I’ll put it this way and I’ll put it very bluntly. I’ve never seen someone on the “OG” side DDOS someone because they didn’t get their way in a video game.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Roland said:

PM me with those staff abuse reports, I have logs every single action done through admin tools, it's very easy to track.

You just closed 1 staff abuse report, and they admitted to it. Problem is they are handled with a slap on the wrist and hidden behind locked doors. Removed admin tools isn’t really a punishment, it’s just can’t spawn my friends gear or teleport them anymore. Maybe other punishments were dealt that we as a community don’t know about. Obviously my opinion. If i see more, I will PM you

Edited by PogoOG

27 minutes ago, PogoOG said:

or solving reports on behalf of their friends. 

Funny you mention that because the ruling in that verdict was gonna be the same no matter who delivered it. Jim was just the messenger in that situation. He made a mistake, we all do.

-User has been warned for this post-

People are upset thier friend got permed this thread is just turning into a flame feast 

Just now, ornbergOG said:

@Squillium Lagswitching seem popular aswell on some sides.

You are funny

Alright, this thread is not designed to attack groups or individual members. Keep on topic. This is your only warning. 

11 minutes ago, BorisRP said:

People are upset thier friend got permed this thread is just turning into a flame feast 

You are funny

- USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST -

I do agree with some of This especially the ooc hate and some other things. Here’s the thing the ooc hatred transferred into game won’t ever really stop their really isn’t away to regulate that. Also I would like to say I’m pretty sure both sides of your conflict probably have Ooc hate. It’s bound to happen. Also remember this is just a game their is no reason to be mad about it. Everyone just needs to chill and have fun.

@Onyx Indeed it is my experience as a savior. Indeed others probably does not notice the Problem like i do. But you have to see it like this. In future times there will be other Groups or individuals confronting themselves with others. In future more People will have a different opinion About some Things. Just because it is me experiencing it Right now doesn't mean it won't happen with someone else. I am Talking About Things Needs to be dealt with in a different way. People report too fast instead of Talking it out. I know Maybe 1 % of my opponents OOC because we never had contact und yet People seems to not like me because i am part of a sertain Group. You see what i mean? 

Also this thread is not About a report. I don't want to discuss a verdict here.

Posted (edited)

Moody got banned because he got 20 points on a report in which committed a rulebreak, and already had 10 points (gained on a report the Revenants put up against me, in which they posted a video of Moody committing a rule break). He didn't get rule 4'd or unjustly banned, unlike what has happened in the past to many people.

While I am sorry that he got perm'd, and understand that as his friends you're angry, you must realize that he brought this upon himself by not being careful about the rules while playing.

There have been member of the community who have gone from 0 to 30 warning points for voicing an opinion or making jokes about someone in a private discord; I find these types of bans way more unjust and biased, yet you don't see threads popping up about them, because it's pointless.

Edited by Mak

Some of you have never taken constructive criticism when growing up and it shows....

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

But I solved the problem no? Your problem is with staff abuse, I took away the tools, staff abuse is no longer possible. I'd say that is a satisfactory outcome. Many other punishments were issued, but those are my own and staff internal matters that community does not necessarily need to know about. Obviously my opinion as the owner.

Remember that I'm always here for you, every single one of you. I'm not a member of any groups, all my friends are dead, I don't even play the game. I'm as unbiased as it gets around here. PM me if you believe any staff members are doing something shady, I take these things very seriously.

Honestly the way you handled that situation was great. I was scared shitless because I thought you wouldn’t take me seriously and claim I was lying, but you pulled through.

Posted (edited)

Hey! It's us vs them! That's just the way it is! rofl

There's too much shit in this community, IC and OOC. Nobody can just get along and play the damn game. 

I think the root of this problem is there's too much activity on the forums. It becomes an identity for people after a while, and forum interactions start to bleed IC. I think the biggest mistake made in this community is the massive focus on the forums.

Edited by BreadERP

Just now, BreadERP said:

Hey! It's us vs them! That's just the way it is! rofl

There's too much shit in this community, IC and OOC. Nobody can just get along and play the damn game. 

I think the root of this problem is there's too much activity on the forums. It becomes an identity for people after a while, and forum interactions start to bleed IC. The biggest mistake made in this community is the massive focus on the forums.

You are probably Right. There is a lot being caused on the Forums. The big dicking on Radio threads and others included. It should be a way to talk About IC Problems for example Bugs and stuff but yet you see flaming everywhere. It's hard to solve but we Always can try.

Posted (edited)

I agree with some parts of the OP threat 

My Opinion
(This isin't to flame no one, don't get me wrong)

Since I started playing with the Saviors, even though I was not at the beginning of the hurricane and everything that led to the IC hatred against us, I feel scared to get in game because a line from my character's story for being an ex- savior and even if his name is not so well known, and the whole story already made to be completely thrown away in a cheap RP because "oh you was a ex savior! *shots, youre dead*"
{Nowadays Ted Kaylo have to hide that he was a Ex- Order of Demons/Savior and Revenants to do a decent roleplay}

I think we could brink more using the Council discussion, or speaking about problems whitout having to report just because some char has decided to go the oposite way

I have runned a couple of Brazillians RP Servers, That i closed in 2017 to come to this lovely comunnity and that happened there
Groups making hate IC with anothers groups, And then into TS/Facebook groups OOC hate that leaded to a whole of reports just to win.

End of my Opinion

Edited by Wesley Snow