Jake Sanders

S1 NW Air field kos 2019 04 11 1:54-2:05

Posted (edited)

Server and location: DayzRP Northwest Airfield, 2019 04 11 1:54-2:05

Your in game name: Jake Sanders

Names of allies involved: James Ripley, Seth Sanders

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

So this is the whole breakdown of this story. We see a man, Zombru, going to the NORTH compound from tents at NW airfield. my buddy noticed that he had a butt pack. I knew my friend needed one and immediately started spamming him not to rob the man. I un deafened in discord as he did. The man had already dropped the backpack which was unfortunately ruined. Me and my buddy later decide we want to find this guy another one because we simply felt bad so that's what we did. We went to the north compound and me and my friend were both looking for him. I had a small backpack in my hands. My friend found him and said, to the best of my knowledge, "Hey my buddy found a bag for you." also according to what everyone is saying he walked by and said, "Okay cool." Right there the kill rights should have been gone. We offered to give him a bag, that we supposedly "robbed" from him and he denied it so we just went on with the looting trip. We decided to circle back to the tents and then go towards the southern compound. While we were doing this the server crashed/got reset, I think maybe twice. I'm not 100% on this but i'm pretty sure kill rights don't go through crashes and such unless there is a fight that happened AROUND 5 minutes ago. So I would say it has been an hour and a half at this point because we weren't staying concentrated. Then we eventually make it to the south compound and we heard shots there just a bit before. So we decided to get on roofs me being on the tissy building. My friend was supposed to be watching me but because he got glitched hard he wasn't able to do that. This is where the video I posted in the first place takes place. I scope in on a guy in the building mainly because I thought it was my friend just trying to heal for a bit because he glitched off the building. Then I scope out and see the guy in the orange raincoat to the right and the rest of his group to my left. They proceed to come into my building and come right up to me. One guy didn't say a word as the other one wanted to distract me by asking if I had a pistol. I tab into my inventory to look and then the guy with the orange rain coat decides to come back after leaving to shoot me while his friend distracted me.

So let's say we did rob him, this area is way farther from the north compound area so I wouldn't say we were in the same area. Also time had passed and we made good Samaritans with the guy afterward. Also his little group of friends were all fresh spawns very easy to tell. So would these guys have kill rights into regards that they weren't even in the area at the time. (to the best of my knowledge they weren't near the airfield so don't call me on that). 

This is my whole reasoning for why I made this report everything that I've said is basically capsuled into this POV statement this is the last I will post on the subject because it had gone out of control. Any other staff members please direct message me because I need to ask a couple of questions as far as that goes. Thank you for taking the time to read this please alleviate my temp ban I will be out of the house so email me on any other regards.

Edited by Jake Sanders
Had to readdress some issues so I didnt post something out of regard

Posted (edited)

this guy and his friend held me up a little under an hour prior. my friends find them and decide they want to kill them. pretty clear and cut case. I was not present for the kills.

additional evidence:

Spoiler

rtLlyuy.jpg

Spoiler

N91NCoo.jpg

Edited by Zombru

25 minutes ago, Zombru said:

this guy and his friend robbed me a little under an hour prior. my friends find them and decide they want to kill them. pretty clear and cut case. I was not present for the kills.

additional evidence:

Reveal hidden contents

we didn't rob him. My friend wanted his back he asked to drop it with the gun but I told my friend no lets not we can find that bag in like 5 minutes and we let him go. Unfortunately the bag was ruined. Lastly we ran into him later on and we offered to give him a bag and he said, "Oh, alright." and then walked away. he had his gun out but we didn't so if he really wanted revenge he could've done it right there. As soon as we let him go that rp was over since we didn't take anything.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Jake Sanders said:

Lastly we ran into him later on and we offered to give him a bag and he said, "Oh, alright." and then walked away. 

this part is simply false.

I ran into you at bash, we both barely said anything,  and i jogged away due to you pointing guns at me minutes earlier.

34 minutes ago, Jake Sanders said:

he had his gun out but we didn't so if he really wanted revenge he could've done it right there. 

I had an AWM with no magazine in it. It woulda been pretty NVFL to 1v2 guys with fully automatic weapons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wont be responding any further unless there is more misinformation or asked by staff.

Edited by Zombru
poor phrasing

We let you go and you even walked behind me later on and I offered you a new backpack and you said "oh ok" and you ran off, you simply choose to use shit rp to kill my friend, zero rp at all.

Im not really here to argue these points. Im just here to provide clarification for staff about the kill rights that my allies had obtained.

Posted (edited)

Im not lying. 

I believe the exact words you said were

"hey my friend found a backpack"

and i responded with 

"okay cool"

because in my mind it seemed as if you were just telling me your friend found a backpack for himself as that is what he was looking for when he held me up.

and for clarification on what exactly they held me up for; they held me up for a backpack which was ruined. after dropping it for them they said it's fine because they couldn't use it thus forcing me to leave a third of my inventory behind due to running fairly lightweight.

I will not be responding unless asked by staff.

Edited by Zombru

Alright guys lets cut out the useless back and forth. Once logs are pulled people will be called in. Please only post if you have been called in or have new evidence to add to the report. 

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
01:58:23 | Player "Jake Sanders" [HP: 93.07] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into LeftArm(21) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 2.4671 meters 
01:58:23 | Player "Jake Sanders" [HP: 72.07] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into Torso(24) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 2.4671 meters 
01:58:23 | Player "Jake Sanders" [HP: 51.07] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into Torso(24) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 2.4671 meters 
01:58:23 | Player "Jake Sanders" [HP: 44.14] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into LeftArm(22) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 2.27362 meters 
01:58:23 | Player "Jake Sanders" [HP: 23.14] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into Torso(16) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 2.27362 meters 
01:58:23 | Player "Jake Sanders" [HP: 2.14] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into Torso(16) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 1.9091 meters 
01:58:24 | Player "Jake Sanders" (DEAD) [HP: 0] hit by Player "Bobby Sullivan" into Torso(16) for 21 damage (Bullet_9x19) with SG5-K from 1.70257 meters 
01:59:17 | Player "Caine Booker" [HP: 83] hit by Player "James Ripley" into Torso(16) for 17 damage (Bullet_556x45) with M4-A1 from 106.692 meters  

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
01:58:24 | Player "Jake Sanders" (DEAD) killed by Player "Bobby Sullivan" with SG5-K from 1.70257 meters 

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
01:41:06 | Player "Jake Sanders" is connected
-Dead-

01:39:14 | Player "Bobby Sullivan" is connected
-Died-

01:43:12 | Player "Caine Booker" is connected
02:19:21 | Player "Caine Booker" is connected
02:40:51 | Player "Caine Booker" has been disconnected

01:41:38 | Player "James Ripley" is connected
02:21:41 | Player "James Ripley" is connected
03:32:00 | Player "James Ripley" has been disconnected

Calling in:

@Jake Sanders - Jake Sanders | POSTED

@Swiss Miss - James Ripley | POSTED

@BobbySullivan - Bobby Sullivan | POSTED

@Jasper - Caine Booker | POSTED

For their full detailed POV. Along with any additional evidence that they may have. Please also list all of your allies that were involved.

Caine Booker POV:

I forget most of what happened prior to this incident to be honest, my memory is terrible, but from what I recall @Zombru said that he was robbed by some highly identifiable people and we see some people heading to the airfield ahead of us. We go there and see some guy on top of the roof of the Tisy building there aiming at me, or at least that's what it looked like from where I was standing, and I waved to him. I think Zombru recognized the man as the one who robbed him for his backpack earlier and then proceeded to make sure it was him before killing the man. I think I was muted in teamspeak for this if i'm not mistaken, so I wasn't aware that he was going to kill him there, and we are shortly thereafter fired upon by a group of people that are presumably the OP's allies. I am hit once or twice and take cover for most of the firefight, mainly because I was already hit and I was talking to someone on the phone for part of the fight.

All of the OP's allies get fragged and those of us that survived the firefight loot the bodies. That's all I got. No video evidence of the situation. 

Honestly this seems pretty cut and dry to me personally. @Jake Sanders robbed @Zombru, he is then tracked down and is killed for it due to him having valid kill rights on the OP. The OP's friends then opened fire on ALL OF US, which they didn't really have rights to do (I don't think? Since only half the guys there were even in the same group) and are subsequently killed for it. Just kinda seems like a report made out of frustration and unawareness of the rules of the server more than anything. His POV kinda illustrated that to me anyways, as he doesn't seem to understand that @Zombru gained kill rights on him when they initiated on him earlier and robbed him of his backpack. 

nothing was taken so how did we rob him? and how didn't I have kill rights? I saw a group of people shot my friend

Posted (edited)

Had the player in question had used ANY rp ie"hands up/hey I remember you" before he shot there would be no issue.  But instead he choose the route of running around a corner and not rping at all, and the second group as I said was not part of us, I shot one of you in the spin and after lost eyes and left to meet up with the op.  Tfm when a 9x19 does more damage than a 5.56

4 hours ago, Jasper said:

Caine Booker POV:

I forget most of what happened prior to this incident to be honest, my memory is terrible, but from what I recall @Zombru said that he was robbed by some highly identifiable people and we see some people heading to the airfield ahead of us. We go there and see some guy on top of the roof of the Tisy building there aiming at me, or at least that's what it looked like from where I was standing, and I waved to him. I think Zombru recognized the man as the one who robbed him for his backpack earlier and then proceeded to make sure it was him before killing the man. I think I was muted in teamspeak for this if i'm not mistaken, so I wasn't aware that he was going to kill him there, and we are shortly thereafter fired upon by a group of people that are presumably the OP's allies. I am hit once or twice and take cover for most of the firefight, mainly because I was already hit and I was talking to someone on the phone for part of the fight.

All of the OP's allies get fragged and those of us that survived the firefight loot the bodies. That's all I got. No video evidence of the situation. 

Honestly this seems pretty cut and dry to me personally. @Jake Sanders robbed @Zombru, he is then tracked down and is killed for it due to him having valid kill rights on the OP. The OP's friends then opened fire on ALL OF US, which they didn't really have rights to do (I don't think? Since only half the guys there were even in the same group) and are subsequently killed for it. Just kinda seems like a report made out of frustration and unawareness of the rules of the server more than anything. His POV kinda illustrated that to me anyways, as he doesn't seem to understand that @Zombru gained kill rights on him when they initiated on him earlier and robbed him of his backpack. 

I even said I'm sorry for the scare and said I wasn't robbing him and to have a nice day,  Robbery "the action of taking property unlawfully from a person or place by force or threat of force."

no items were taken nor stolen nor destroyed, as I stated we said sorry for the scare and even offered to give him a Bigger backpack 4-5 minutes later in which the player in question said "oh ok" and ran away.  So I am missing the part where I robbed him?  "Just kinda seems like a report made out of frustration and unawareness of the rules of the server more than anything. " I've been here nearly two years and  I am good personal friends with a ex staff member who also saw what you guys did as a breaking of the rules", The only frustration is from the lack of roleplay and by lack I mean none at all.

Edited by Swiss Miss

POV:

I was in the triangle area looting up as I did not have much, I cant remember what exactly Zombru said all I remember is that he said he got robbed at the airfield. I then met up with @Shroud at VMC and he gave me a plate carrier and a mp5. I head over towards south barracks and I see a man aiming his gun around on top of the tisy building and I describe what hes wearing to zombru. Zombru comfirmed this was the man who robbed him so I killed him.

@Jake Sanders Is this the full video? It looks clipped. If it is please provide us the full video.

I would like to remind everyone that you need to provide the full unedited evidence.

@Swiss Miss will be Temp Banned until they provide their full detailed POV.

26 minutes ago, RandyRP said:

@Jake Sanders Is this the full video? It looks clipped. If it is please provide us the full video.

I would like to remind everyone that you need to provide the full unedited evidence.

@Swiss Miss will be Temp Banned until they provide their full detailed POV.

I literally did? why don't you look up in chat? I was in the dorm behind the command building and I saw the guy who shot Jake and called it out and When I watch him get gunned down I returned fire. The video Jake posted was when they all swarmed  the building, we saw them for maybe 3 seconds before the video started.

@Swiss Miss In your previous post it only provided parts of your POV, along with just responding to Jaspers POV. We needed the entire thing where you came from and how you were involved in the situation, with what happened during the situation. Along with all of the events of the situation.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, RandyRP said:

@Swiss Miss In your previous post it only provided parts of your POV, along with just responding to Jaspers POV. We needed the entire thing where you came from and how you were involved in the situation, with what happened during the situation. Along with all of the events of the situation.

We were patrolling the airfield dorms looking for a buttpack for my chest rig when I saw the man in orange in the street and proceeded to call it out to Jake who then saw more and was shot within a minute of contact, after he was shot I got on my knee and waited for one of them to stand still and I shot 4 times hitting one in the spine and then left to find jake and give him my spare m4.  Before I left I did watch them get into a firefight with a second group who had no relation to us.

Edited by Swiss Miss

@Swiss Miss Thank you for posting your POV. Your Temp Ban has been lifted. 

Here is the video full there is nothing much to show but me looking around.

Also can you pull location logs of everyone involved it would be much appreciated if there is a location rule on kill rights.

@Zombru Do you have video evidence of the situation prior? Where the robbery took place. 

Verdict:

@BobbySullivan - Invalid Kill - KOS | Inconclusive 

Explanation:

To shortly summarize the situation. @Jake Sanders is at NWAF with his allies in the surrounding area. When @BobbySullivan and his allies show up, they gather at the building @Jake Sanders is in and then head to the room. While they are on the roof some words are exchanged, along with the proposition of a possible trade. He is then killed by @BobbySullivan while on the roof.

Moving onto the Invalid Kill on @Jake Sanders. With there possibly being a situation prior to this one where @BobbySullivan would have gained Defense Rights from @Jake Sanders when they attempted to rob @Zombru for his backpack. We can not be 100% sure if rights were gained or not. The screenshots provided show someone matching exactly how @Jake Sanderslooked during the situation at NWAF. Therefor we have decided to mark this report as Inconclusive. 

The rule that supports this verdict:

• 4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.
    • If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.
    • If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

Before I close out I would like to make a few suggestions. When it come to Kill Rights you need to make sure that it makes IC sense to use them. You also need to make sure that your Kill Rights are valid, if you feel that they might not be or aren't sure it is always best to reinitiate just to be safe. This will make sure everything is covered and that no one is killed without reason. 

Outcome:

@BobbySullivan - Invalid Kill - KOS | Inconclusive - No Action Taken

Signed by: @lukaszxe & @RandyRP w/ Notes