Posted (edited)

Server and location:  S1 - Novy Sobor

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 10.04.19 20:45ish

Your in game name: Thomas Hayes

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: https://www.dayzrp.com/profile/38134-steffaaan/ + friend

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  N/A

Detailed description of the events: So I was running away from Gorka where I had just been, while I was running I ran past Novy Sobor where I met @Steffaaan and his friend, his friend started by pointing a gun at me even before we said hello. I went over and said Hello where I then realised that he was pointing a gun at me, they got me to put away my weapon and then dropped an initiation where I thought Id comply. They then continued to restrain me and ask if I had any friends around, that was the last I heard from them other than that they told me to sit down. They started running around me in circles while looting me, here they took everything without the gun I had on me and the clothes I was wearing. While this was going on they were speaking dutch and holding down their mic both at the same time. Guessing they forgot to stop talking in-game. They then told me to start struggling my way out of the restraint while they ran off.  A proper "15" second robbery

I then started to run into the forest where I met one of them and we exchanged gunshots and I died. Which is fine. The only thing is the RP around the robbery.

Edited by Strawberry

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
18:32:23 | Player "Thomas Hayes" is connected 
20:57:35 | Player "Thomas Hayes" has been disconnected
-STILL IN GAME-

18:34:25 | Player "Stefan Oega" is connected
21:07:13 | Player "Stefan Oega" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
20:50:51 | Player "Thomas Hayes" hit by Player "Stefan Oega" into Head with IJ-70 from 5.17478 meters 
20:50:51 | Player "Thomas Hayes" hit by Player "Stefan Oega"  into Brain with IJ-70 from 5.17478 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
20:50:51 | Player "Thomas Hayes" killed by Player "Stefan Oega"  with IJ-70 from 5.17478 meters	

Calling In:

@Steffaaan 

For his full POV and any unedited video evidence he may have, as well as listing any of his allies. Please explain also why you logged out only 17 minutes after killing Strawberry.

seeing @Steffaaan has been online since being called in, they will be temp-ban until they provide their Pov

Hello, I got this message right as I went to bed. I logged out around 15 minutes after the robbery because my internet is on a timer shutting down at around 23:00.

I was with my friend Paul Rutgers, I told Paul Rutgers to lower his weapon because he aimed for no reason (Not mentioned)

We just tried to travel away from Gorka and saw on our left hand side someone approaching us, he walked towards with a shotgun in hand so I had to handle and decided to rob him. I told him to sit still and asked if he had any friends, because I saw someone in a bush around 200 meters away looking at us. This was the reason my friend Paul Rutgers kept running around in fear of being shot while I tried to take the loot. He complied to the robbery and said he had a group of 6, in fear that they knew he was getting robbed we told him we were getting out of there and that he could free himself without getting shot. I was trying to be nice and left his shotgun (Whilst having ammo in it) by his side. I noticed that he ran after me right after the robbery so I ducked behind a tree, almost got shot by the shotgun and finished him off with 2 bullets to the head.

In real life I would've robbed the same way with these circumstances.

8 hours ago, Steffaaan said:

Hello, I got this message right as I went to bed. I logged out around 15 minutes after the robbery because my internet is on a timer shutting down at around 23:00.

I was with my friend Paul Rutgers, I told Paul Rutgers to lower his weapon because he aimed for no reason (Not mentioned)

We just tried to travel away from Gorka and saw on our left hand side someone approaching us, he walked towards with a shotgun in hand so I had to handle and decided to rob him. I told him to sit still and asked if he had any friends, because I saw someone in a bush around 200 meters away looking at us. This was the reason my friend Paul Rutgers kept running around in fear of being shot while I tried to take the loot. He complied to the robbery and said he had a group of 6, in fear that they knew he was getting robbed we told him we were getting out of there and that he could free himself without getting shot. I was trying to be nice and left his shotgun (Whilst having ammo in it) by his side. I noticed that he ran after me right after the robbery so I ducked behind a tree, almost got shot by the shotgun and finished him off with 2 bullets to the head.

In real life I would've robbed the same way with these circumstances.

How long would you say this whole encounter lasted? The robbing, maybe about 2 minutes?

5 seconds, then 15 seconds, then 2 minutes.. Please get your story straight before accusing me on the forums. I've done plenty of roleplay, we told you to sit down and that you couldn't speak if it wasn't to answer us. We didn't start taking stuff the second we got you tied up in duct tape, we walked around to check for any friends and told you to stay put in the meantime. We saw your friend in the bushes (Might be aiming a gun at us) so I ducked for cover behind you and my friend Paul Rutgers kept moving not to get shot. I told you that if your friend tried one thing to get you free, we would immediately put a bullet in your head and that of his. Because of this friend I began stripping you dropping your stuff on the ground and I asked you how many other friends you had (You said you were in a team of 6, or 6 others) I told you multiple times that we intented no harm when you would comply with everything we said and you even begged for your life. Then me and Paul Rutgers switched places and I kept moving in order not to get shot whilst looking at your friend. When we had everything we told you that you could untie yourself without getting shit and we left. That was also the moment you took the shotgun with you that we left with you to take revenge, which is fine. I saw you going after us and told you to put down your weapon and put you hands up, you screamed something like: "OKAY YES" and immediately took aim and shot. Gladly you missed so that I could finish you, but even when you came after me with the murdering look of yours, I tried to remain calm and not take any lifes here. The robbery didn't take 5 seconde nor 15 seconds. It roughly took 5 minutes, which is on the short side, but having someone point a gun at you, unknowingly about who it is or their intentions, isn't the best of scenario to play with.

I asked my friend if he had some wodka to torture you because you begin puking the second you drink it, but he didn't. We weren't talking Dutch the whole time, the only sentence I said was: "Heb je vodka" meaning "Do you have vodka" then I proceeded to ask you to which you said no and we went in our way. 

It was more in depth than this, but this already shows that parts of your story are missing and just giving fake timestamps (5 and 15 secondes) is ridicilious compared to your last timestamp 2 minutes showing you're just trying to get me in trouble whilst giving valid roleplay. 

Just tell them the truth and don't act like you got mistreated. If I would've killed you and not interact as much as I did you would be right, but 2 minutes also wasn't close. You improved tho, thanks for being a little more honest. 

Posted (edited)

There was slim to none interaction within that situation. When I say "15" second robbery its a term for people robbing you for your stuff and then running off with no further roleplay. You would agree that you just took my stuff and then ran off without any "roleplay" ? Last time I checked this wasnt last lore and we needed actual reasons to drop an intiation on someone.

+ This isnt real life, youre supposed to make the situation enjoyable for both sides and you do that with proper roleplay. If you wanna rob someone, be sure to have an reason, have the time to properly do it and not run around me in silence while looting me.

Edited by Strawberry

Verdict:

@Steffaaan - BadRP | Inconclusive 

@Steffaaan - Combat Log | Guilty

Explanation:

To shortly summarize the situation. @Strawberry was running away from Gorka when he ran past Novy he ran into @Steffaaan and his friend. They initiated on him and restrained him, once he was restrained they told him to sit down and that was the last of him hearing from them. While they were looting him they kept moving in circles and they stripped him down completely. Once they were done they told him to struggle as they ran away. 

Moving on to the rulebreak in question. Without have enough evidence to judge the roleplay that happened we can not be 100% sure of what happened. We can't judge if the robbery provided enough roleplay or if it was a 15 second robbery. Therefor we can not push for any punishment against BadRP. Moving onto the Combat Log as shown in the logs @Steffaaan can be seen killing @Strawberry and then logging out shortly after.

The rules that support this verdict:

• 3.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.
  • 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival.
  • 4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Before I close out I would like to make a few suggestions. When it comes to a robbery, you need to make sure that roleplay is provided to the hostage that got initiated on. You are not allow to just initiate, restrain them and then stop roleplaying while you are checking their gear. There needs to be an interaction between the two individuals, during the robbery. When checking gear you are not allow to demand or strip them naked yourselves. You also need to leave them with a way to survive after the encounter so you are not able to just take everything. Lastly, when it comes to an initiation and a hostile act you need to wait the 30 min combat timer unless you got permission from the person to log out after the situation.

Outcome:

@Steffaaan - BadRP | Inconclusive - No Action Taken

@Steffaaan - Combat Logging | Guilty - 3 Day Ban & 10 Warning Points

Signed by: @Pontiff, @Samti, & @RandyRP w/ Notes