Server time: 2019-04-19, 15:25
YNW Dusty

S1 Bashnya Ruleplay 2019-04-10, ~03:00

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 Bash

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-04-10, ~03:00

Your in game name: Nick Greenway

Names of allies involved: 4 corner hustlers (not really involved)

Name of suspect/s: I believe it was a member of 24th street

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Spoiler

Detailed description of the events: Group and I are at the airfield, doing whatever, waiting for daytime to come. Jasper says there are a bunch of dudes up at Bash who seemed like they might rob him. They ask him if he's in 24th street gang at one point, and end up not robbing him. I go to Bash to see the group and figure out who they are when a 24th dude walks up to me. I recognize his voice, and I know the group of people next to us are looking for 24th street. I tell that group that the dude following me is 24th street, and that they should take him because he's an asshole. Apparently the group is friends with 24th street or something, so that idea falls apart. The 24th dude starts telling them to take me instead, so I start walking away to avoid getting initiated on. Dude continues following me, talking shit the entire way. We throw insults back and forth when I decide to put my gun away and punch him once and back away. He then immediately sprays me down.

Like I said, I put my gun away, punched him ONCE and backed up. One punch isn't a threat to someone's life. It was just hostile RP and he decides that one single punch is enough to spray me down, ending all potential RP. If this isn't ruleplay, I don't know what is. 

Edited by YNW Dusty

Wockstar POV - So I was at Tisy summer camp looking for Saviors when Kai gets killed by Puncture, we knew we wouldn't get to Bash in time to do anything. While we are leaving Tisy camp Vegas comes over the radio and lets us know that Jasper is at bash, we then begin running to bash. As I arrive I can't see a thing and I run into the OP, I say something to him and he then starts to walk away and eventually run into a group of people that work for us. He then tries to get the group that works for me to initiate but that doesn't work, after his plan fails he then tries to walk off. I follow him and confront him on calling me a asshole and trying to get me robbed, he eventually stop and tells me he doesn't like my attitude. After that he throws a punch, I can only assume to bait me to initiate and or knock me out. But because it was dark and I couldn't see if he was going to try and stun lock me and or more of them come and try and knock me out I raise my gun and shoot. 

I knew the OP had friends around and after watching the video it was pretty obvious that he was just baiting me to initiate on him. Obviously at the time all I knew is I got punched while it was dark out and to avoid getting stun locked and knocked unconscious I defended myself and shot the man. 

The OP also states in his POV that by shooting him I ended all potential RP, If the OP wanted to RP he would have stopped and had a conversation with me instead he decided to continue to jog away from me and only stop to punch me. 

If the OP's plan wasn't to actually knock me out then the only other outcome I could have seen the OP expecting in that situation would be him punching me, me then responding with "ouch" and then telling him to put his hands up where I then get shot by his friends that are around. 

I would like to let the staff team know that I believe during that encounter the OP broke 2 rules. Rule #1 was baiting and rule #2 NVFL. 

I would also like to add that I killed the OP prior during the day and put the encounter on the failed robberies thread, and I believe that drove the OP to 1 punch me in game and 2 report me after clearly baiting me to shoot/initiate on him. 

If the OP would like to talk this report out I would be fine with doing so.

13 minutes ago, ScarRP said:

You state yourself that you knew I was walking away from you, but you continued to follow me. You made the conscious decision to follow me and throw insults the entire time, that’s absolutely on you. I’m sorry if I don’t want to take part in a conversation that just consists of shit talking. I threw a single punch because you continued to follow and be hostile; I just responded to what you were saying in game. You were never in a position where you were forced to initiate on me or defend your life. Instead of shooting me and ending the roleplay, you could have thrown a punch back as well, or gotten more hostile and progressed the roleplay. Or just left. There were many better options to choose.

Regarding your claim of NVFL, it was 1v1 and you had no rights on me. Yes, Puncture solo initiated on a Mexican like an hour or so before this situation, but we are not an official group, therefor no rights were gained on me as I did not initiate on your friend. This is confirmed by this post made by Banshee when they were a game master.

The failed robbery post and the kill has nothing to do with this report. I just wanted to hostile RP with you, and you clearly wanted the same. For whatever reason, you decided to end It right there.

Anyways, I don’t want to make staffs jobs harder than it already is, so I’m not gonna bother responding to anything else.

16 minutes ago, YNW Dusty said:

You made the conscious decision to follow me and throw insults the entire time, that’s absolutely on you. I’m sorry if I don’t want to take part in a conversation that just consists of shit talking.

As you can see in the video you threw the first insult, if you got upset when I was throwing insults back then don't talk shit. 

23 minutes ago, YNW Dusty said:

You were never in a position where you were forced to initiate on me or defend your life

When it is dark out and I can't tell if you are going to continue throwing punches and stun lock me, yes I either have to initiate and get shot by your friends, kill you, or take a chance of getting knocked unconscious.

27 minutes ago, YNW Dusty said:

Anyways, I don’t want to make staffs jobs harder than it already is, so I’m not gonna bother responding to anything else.

You have had multiple run ins with our group, if you think you need to punch me to get hostileRP you are lying. 

Hit Logs:

02:27:11 | Player "Billy Wockhardt" hit by Player "Nick Greenway" into Head(0) for 0 damage (MeleeFist)
02:27:12 | Player "Nick Greenway" hit by Player "Billy Wockhardt" into Torso(24) for 34 damage (Bullet_556x45) with M4-A1 from 2.45208 meters 
02:27:12 | Player "Nick Greenway" hit by Player "Billy Wockhardt" into Torso(25) for 34 damage (Bullet_556x45) with M4-A1 from 2.81437 meters 
02:27:12 | Player "Nick Greenway" hit by Player "Billy Wockhardt" into Lungs(48) for 34 damage (Bullet_556x45) with M4-A1 from 2.81437 meters 
02:27:12 | Player "Nick Greenway" hit by Player "Billy Wockhardt" into Spine(40) for 34 damage (Bullet_556x45) with M4-A1 from 2.81437 meters 

Kill Logs:

02:27:12 | Player "Nick Greenway" (DEAD) killed by Player "Billy Wockhardt" with M4-A1 from 2.98818 meters

Connection Logs:

01:00:26 | Player "Nick Greenway" is connected
-Died-

23:17:01 | Player "Billy Wockhardt" is connected
02:59:49 | Player "Billy Wockhardt" has been disconnected

Calling in:

@YNW Dusty - Nick Greenway | POSTED

@ScarRP - Billy Wockhardt | POSTED

Precedent that punching someone once does not grant kill rights:

Also, as mentioned in that verdict, a punch completely falls under RP, meaning there is no real reason to just spray someone down for a punch.

Also, I would like to request that both JimRP and RandyRP not be allowed to post notes or handle this report as they are both friends of the accused. And as can be seen in this screenshot, RandyRP posted logs in my other report against the 24th street dudes, realized he shouldn't have done that because he's biased, and gave the post to Onyx an hour later:

46481e909b39bdab105c8654d2cd093d.png

I'm sure this can be seen in staff logs somewhere as well.

5 minutes ago, YNW Dusty said:

Also, I would like to request that both JimRP and RandyRP not be allowed to post notes or handle this report as they are both friends of the accused. And as can be seen in this screenshot, RandyRP posted logs in my other report against the 24th street dudes, realized he shouldn't have done that because he's biased, and gave the post to Onyx an hour later:

46481e909b39bdab105c8654d2cd093d.png

I'm sure this can be seen in staff logs somewhere as well.

Staff does not keep track of friendships, we only track being in the same group or not. With that being said, Randy can be involved in discussing and verdicting this report.

I personally will not be handling the report due to Scar being a group member of mine as well as a friend of mine.

Verdict

@ScarRP - Ruleplay (Not Guilty)
@YNW Dusty - Baiting (Not Guilty) | NVFL (Guilty) | False Report (Guilty)

Summary

@ScarRP and @YNW Dusty happen upon one another in the night. @YNW Dusty keeps on moving, closely followed by @ScarRP. They eventually meet another group nearby, there @YNW Dusty tries to have the group help him initiate on @ScarRP; @YNW Dusty quickly realized that the group was allied with @ScarRP and tried to leave. With @ScarRP still on his heel, @YNW Dusty turns back and punches him in the face, leading to @ScarRP promptly killing him.

Let's address the rules that were mentioned in this report.
Baiting:
@YNW Dusty is not guilty of baiting since he did not attempt to gain kill rights from this situation.

4.7 You may not bait other players into situations where you provoke the player into using hostile actions and then using kill rights to kill them. This is known as baiting.

NVFL:
@YNW Dusty, you punched an individual having clear hostile intentions against you while said individual was carrying an assault-rifle in his hands. This unrealistic behaviour shows that you cared very little for your character well-being.

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

Ruleplay:
The staff team has deemed this case not to be ruleplay, to do otherwise would create a loophole. We cannot allow for situations where people with rifles are unable to defend themselves from punches because it's considered ruleplay. It's not ruleplay either, since one is always allowed to defend oneself when attacked.

3.3 You may not focus on out of character gains to the detriment of RP. For example, "rule play" is prioritizing things like kill rights or OOC information above more appropriate IC actions or behavior. Always prioritize role play over rule play.

False report:
@YNW Dusty, you will be found guilty of filing a false report. You punched a man with an assault-rifle in his hands and allies in direct vicinity. While you might have been surprised that you got killed, the fact remains that you put a report up despite being the first person in the situation to start hostilities.

Outcome

@ScarRP - Ruleplay (Not Guilty) - No action taken.
@YNW Dusty - Baiting (Not Guilty) | NVFL (Guilty) | False Report (Guilty) - 7 day ban, 15 warning points leading to the permanent removal from the community.

Signed by: @Pontiff, @RandyRP, @Onyx & @Samti

If you disagree with this verdict, you are welcome to file an appeal via support ticket or contact email.