Server time: 2019-04-20, 15:23
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 1 hour, 36 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Luke

Insta-killing Zombies

Posted (edited)

Hey all!

So since I've become active in the community again after a long few months, I've had a little issue with the zombies in-game.

Now now, I'm fully aware that this might just be something I'm experiencing, but I wanted to hear from everyone else.

So the issue is this, around 15 minutes ago marked my third death to sheer overwhelming from around say 3 infected, sometimes my hits just don't register whilst theirs stacks (hopefully you can understand what I mean by that), and in the case of two of the three deaths, they've been almost instantaneous, even with a helmet! I feel as though I may be experiencing some low-connection at these times, but it's a tad annoying having to re-gear to fit the character just to get yeeted by a zombie I don't even notice.

I mean any tips would help!

Edited by Alone

For me, the best thing to do is to try and single them out, put a can of food in your hands and aim up for their head, usually takes around 3-4 hits to the head to kill them, if you get outnumbered, find something to jump onto and you can hit them without being hit yourself, objects include stacks of concrete and cars etc. Also a neat little trick is to walk backwards with your hands up, this stops zombies from hitting you about 90% of the time, although some hits might register.

2 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

Another quick reply!

Thanks @DaRsnn, I had completely forgotten about trying to jump onto objects. I'll put this advice into action, hopefully you shouldn't hear more from me aha!

As the orange lad said, try and single them out. The best weapon rn for killing the zombies is the sword I think, but I am using a knife and it works quite well. Just try and aim for the head and they'll die in 2-3 hits. Fighting multiple infected will only lead you to death as the melee system sucks.

Some of these may seem straight forward, but I am going to put forward these tips which I hope help you:

1- If you find yourself getting swarmed then jump on top of cars, barricades etc. 

2- COD it and train the zombies into a building then lock them in. 

3- Don't sprint unless you need to do a quick getaway. 

4- With the new update it is now possible to 1 hit a zombie if you sneak attack. Keep an eye on the noise indicator. 

5- Avoid small towns as a fresh spawn. While it may seem that larger towns are more dangerous I have found the smaller towns to be more hazardous for a fresh spawn as the zombie spawns seem more spread out over the larger cities while in the small towns they seem to huddle in packs. 

6- Avoid areas with multiple zombies in sight. Unless you have a gun with the ammo to spare it's best to simply avoid looting some areas and merely hit the outskirts of certain cities/towns. 

7- Take notice of how the zombie animations work. Once you get used to it, it becomes pretty easy on dealing with them by simply circling behind them while they continue to hit air. 

If you crouch walk 8/10 zombies will not agro on to you unless you walk right up next to them.

I've found the best melee weapon, unironically is the sword. If you sneak, aim and swing, it usually kills them in one go.

The sneaking technique seems to work best for me, can get in and out of most places without being spotted,  I’ve gotten a couple feet away from zombies without them noticing, as @Stradic said you can 1 hot then with a sneak attack works about 3/4 of the time so it’s viable 

Sneaking will go a long way. Most of the times, I won't have to fight a single infected. It's particularly good in big towns since it seems there are almost no infected. I mean, you can run around Cherno without seeing more than 2-3 infected. Also, a can of food has been a good weapon for me.

The thing is that the sword is perhaps the best melee weapon, but IC does not suit every char.
In addition, you can kill zombies with one hit, but unfortunately also they can. So, in my opinion, caution and avoiding the zombies is the best option.