Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 23:40
Sign in to follow this  
Hellspawn

Adding back the Izh43 Shotgun

So since Version 1.0.150000 the Izh43 Shotgun is not spawning on vanilla servers and any data regarding it may be obsolete.

Before the switch to Beta I LOVED using the double barrel, and I miss it.

I was wondering is it possible if we could add it back to the DayZRP server? Also the possibility to use the hacksaw to make it into a Sawed-off shotgun.

Fuck yeah it would be great. But sadly no, the animations wouldn't mix at all and the system of internal mags don't really work in other attempts to implement. We would need to add a "Magazine" of 2 shots that would be loaded into the shotgun, it would be janky and honestly more work then it would be worth. 

If that's the case it's a damn shame. Hopefully they will add it back in the future.

19 minutes ago, FireDude said:

Fuck yeah it would be great. But sadly no, the animations wouldn't mix at all and the system of internal mags don't really work in other attempts to implement. We would need to add a "Magazine" of 2 shots that would be loaded into the shotgun, it would be janky and honestly more work then it would be worth. 

In theory, couldn't the break action rifle (BK18) be used as the base for the animation style of the gun?

My only basis is from other gun mods adding it back in. I'm unaware in animations and weapon types can be separate or they are tied. So if they are tied then using that animation would limit it to only one shot. 

Oh god the sawed off is terrifying, yes please.

9 minutes ago, FireDude said:

We could make a sawed off tiny pump,shotgun 

At that point why not just bring back the MP133 Shorty.

I loved whipping out a sawed off for that lone bandit who thinks i'm complying. 

+juan

If it's a DayZ gun I say just wait for the devs to re-release it back onto the game because it takes work to implement it but then when it's put back in by game devs that's just more hours removing it from the server file. If we want a new shotgun just put in a shotgun without a stock or something like this.

Spoiler

mossberg-shockwave-2019-lead.jpg

I’m all for it! I think shotguns in general are awesome, if we could add the IZH and the MP back that would be pretty nice. +1

Great weapon, personally I'd wait until the devs actually implement it properly. The modded weapons look like clay tbh.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

If it's a DayZ gun I say just wait for the devs to re-release it back onto the game because it takes work to implement it but then when it's put back in by game devs that's just more hours removing it from the server file.

Do we even know if they will add it back though.

Honestly I just want a shotgun I can hide in my pants/jacket.

13 minutes ago, Hellspawn said:

Do we even know if they will add it back though.

Honestly I just want a shotgun I can hide in my pants/jacket.

It's a planned weapon. They're suppose to be adding everything old back into the game. If we're going to jump to the "Do we even know if they're adding old stuff back" that's an entirely different rabbit hole and subject I don't want to go down.

I really hope we get the old stuff back. Double barrel was dope.

Though I got my eye on that crossbow mod on the steam workshop tbh.