Server time: 2019-04-19, 15:24
Zero

Increase the damage of smaller caliber ammunition

Increase damage of smaller calibers, ex. 9mm & .45   

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

My suggestion is to increase the damage of smaller calibers like the 9mm and .45 caliber weapons. Currently as it stands 9mm and .45 is extremely underwhelming and quite frankly it’s sad. If we increase the damage of these calibers I also believe that they will become more viable weapons. The Vityaz AK and MP5 is a badass gun, but so under powered it’s almost useless. It takes 4 shots to kill a zombie and even more to kill someone in a firefight. God forbid you get into combat with someone with a M4 when you have an MP5  

I also think that if we increase the damage of these calibers / guns we will see people use them more instead of focusing on the assault rifles so much. 

Edited by Zero

Posted (edited)

+1 i agree. Would increase the use of guns that are more common and remove the focus on military grade assault weapons. Doesn't matter if the guns are everywhere if they are pretty much useless compared to other guns. 

Should also add a poll to get a collection of the opinions on this 

Edited by NozzyRP

+1, it's quite frankly needed. Using the Vityaz as a combo to my Mosin I go through about 1 30 round mag just with 7 or 8 zombies. When I eventually get into a firefight I fear I'm as good as dead if it's close range. And yeah, the less focus on autos the better(Increasing the damage of the Mosin/other guns would help in this regard as well). Good idea Zero.

Yes, more little pewpew machines have better pewpew bullets

3 minutes ago, APTerminator said:

*Snip*

4 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

*Snip*

3 minutes ago, Chernon said:

*Snip*

Added poll. 

Tbh all guns should do way more damage, four to five bullets to the chest should be a kill on anyone except maybe ballistic plates. +1

3 minutes ago, Veryniceperson said:

Tbh all guns should do way more damage, four to five bullets to the chest should be a kill on anyone except maybe ballistic plates. +1

Making so high-end guns do LESS damage could also be a thing tbh. Making it harder for people to die would make RP better if you want to surrender after getting shot or whatever. Though i'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter for most people 

1 minute ago, NozzyRP said:

Making so high-end guns do LESS damage could also be a thing tbh. Making it harder for people to die would make RP better if you want to surrender after getting shot or whatever. Though i'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter for most people 

You know, I hadn't considered it that way. However, I feel guns dealing more damage might also discourage firefights as everybody who's in the initial radius of the initiation would probably die. 

Perhaps instead boost the ability of guns being able to knock out players. That way people who never comply can still be captured/the RP doesn't end cause you gassed everyone.

3 minutes ago, Veryniceperson said:

You know, I hadn't considered it that way. However, I feel guns dealing more damage might also discourage firefights as everybody who's in the initial radius of the initiation would probably die. 

Perhaps instead boost the ability of guns being able to knock out players. That way people who never comply can still be captured/the RP doesn't end cause you gassed everyone.

Increasing the knock-out would be good not gonna lie. That'll provide hostage RP afterwards instead of just ending everything with shooting everyone. I think this should be considered if it is even possible to change 

I remember when the MP5 was a good choice for CQB, and could hold its own even against an M4; I want that back.

+1

+1 You can expect it to take 20 rounds to kill someone with a plate carrier 

Yeah I agree. Getting shot is still getting shot, that shit should hurt like a motherfucker and have a chance to take you out.

Getting shot 5 times with a pistol caliber probably shouldn't be much different than getting shot 5 times with a rifle caliber. Maybe up the shock damage on pistol calibers so it seems like they do more damage, while still allowing rifle calibers to kill faster. Pistol rounds = uncon faster, rifle rounds = dead faster. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why do people vote no but don’t bother to contribute to why that’s their answer? 🤔

Good feedback so far. Keep it coming so Roland can see it. 

The MP5 and UMP45 are pretty damn common weapons and itd be nice if they could pack more of a punch.

But Im also somewhat on the fence about it, as I love the fact that the infected take more punishment from firearms now. 
It also worries me that if we do buff the damage of the 9mm and .45 ACP rounds then people will start hoarding them too.

Fully agree we need these ammo types increased.

Or we go hardcore and have all ammo types the same 😄

Tbh I quite liked the patch where the makarov was OP. Meant finding a small gun meant you could win a fight with some ease. Maybe not go to that extreme again, but with guns being a scarcity i'd like more to be actually useful. +1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Fully agree we need these ammo types increased.

+1, haven't seen 9mm spawn for a while, haven't found an MP5 of Vityaz whatever it is called in a hot minute either

I don't think the damage needs to be increased tho, it is good to have tiers of damage

Edited by DaRsnn

For dmg output, I think its a good idea. However, if guns will be more powerful, there always needs to be a counter-balance. Make ammunition rarer. Simple as that. Scarcity drives the economy, and thats true with DayZ as well. Further limiting the amount of ammunition available could help RP and PvP immensely, and raise the stakes just a bit more while giving everyone something to be happy about.

In this hypothetical world, munitions are scarce, and more bartering is done between players, instead of just doing what they do now and stash their stuff. Now? There wouldn't be enough stuff to stash! 

Bandits would be making better, smarter choices. Could they risk losing their ill gotten gains, or should they persue more... grey areas of business, such as highway tolls, mercenary work, or more.

Hero's would also have a problem. With only so many bullets to go around, can you really help that guy in Chernogorsk trapped inside the police station? There are so many infected, more than you have bullets. 

I'm probably overthinking this, but TLDR: More damage, less ammo. Helps RP, helps PvP.

(Snarky GearRP Comment Here)

Posted (edited)

.380 can sometimes take over 5 to take down an infected. Including headshots. It also needs to spawn more.

But yeah I think the damage overall should be increased so people wont always be searching for military weaponry all the time and settle with the MP5 or CZ61 they find within 10 minutes of spawning.

Too many people carry assault rifles nowadays for the dispatch of infected and complain when people rob them too much.

Edited by Finn

+1 would be interesting to see people having more guns than just military grade stuff like M4s AKs and things alike, could make combat between people with smaller calibres more interesting too. If people want to look less military and and more civilian then that would definitely be a plus to them if they're carrying pistols only without a long gun, or maybe an SMG like the PM73, MP5 or CR61.

Id say take it the way other PVP games do it such as Red Orchestra 2 or Rising Storm 2. That is make these calibers do equal or excessive damage at extreme close range and make the damage fall off of them much worse. IE keeping them within the role they are designed. Use a handgun or MP5 when inside a room not only for it's firerate but because it's stopping power is better closer than farther. Is that possible @Devteam 

+1

I can see a reasonable damage buff being fine. Though it would purely be for PvP reasons (you can still take down a zombie with one well-placed headshot from any caliber) at least it would open up a bit more weapon variety.

Buckshot technically counts as small caliber too, right? Asking for a friend.

You guys do realize that 1 shot to the head of a zombie kills it right? Chest shots or any other body part is almost any zombie film, game, etc. rarely kills them. Go for the head. As for people, I can see both sides of it so I'm going to stay neutral.

Yeah, I mean haven't got in the game for like 5 months but tbh, from what people have been saying, 5-6 shots per kill is a bit annoying.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:57 PM, Jared said:

+1 You can expect it to take 20 rounds to kill someone with a plate carrier 

Well rifle plates are of course going to stop pistol rounds like nothing