Server time: 2019-04-19, 17:20
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 23 hours, 39 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Nevo

Defender-Rights for the Aggressor?

I just had a little situation where i got followed by somebody. I told him repeatedly to stop following me, while he was trying to get me to say that im gonna kill him. while he was following me he was talking to his friends over the radio so they can catch up. He kept following me and insulting me while i had no way to stop him because he would gain the right to shoot me first.

The problem now is that people don't roleplay, they just ruleplay in such situations and the followed person has NO way defend himself, but give the (in my opinion) aggressors the "Defender-Right". In my opinion that just makes no sense in any way. The rules might need to get changed to prohibit situations like these.

I will think about a possible solution to this and i would like everybody else, who thinks the same, to work on a solution aswell. Or maybe thats just a problem for me. So i would like all of you guys to reply with your POV of this and maybe deliver a solution for it.

Yours sincerely,
Nevo

//Moved to Questions.

The person following you would be in violation of "baiting" which is against our rules as they are currently stated. Your defense in this situation is to report the offender.

Sounds to me like he was baiting you.

Why not report it?

Well i don't have any video or smth like that. So i have no way to prove that. how can u report without evidence? I think that would be stupid to do

Honestly at that point, i'd run into a forest or dense town full of buildings, and hide. If they don't find you in 5 minutes, log out. They can't claim you avoided roleplay or combat logged in a report. Because they were harassing you in-game, no formal/informal initiation occured, and you felt that your character's life may be in danger.

Also to add, it does indeed appear to me as a rulebreak of the Baiting rule.

Spoiler

4.7 You may not bait other players into situations where you provoke the player into using hostile actions and then using kill rights to kill them. This is known as baiting.

Posted (edited)

Ye well but my point is that they are 100% aggressing you and you should have the chance to defend yourself which you momentarely DON'T have without putting yourself in danger first...

Edit: i think there needs to be something done about it. Rulewise.

Edited by Nevo

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nevo said:

Ye well but my point is that they are 100% aggressing you and you should have the chance to defend yourself which you momentarely DON'T have without putting yourself in danger first...

Here's your options to deal with that:

• Formal/informal Initiation towards them, give them a chance to comply. Report it after you're safe.
  • Run and hide to lose them, wait a few minutes, and then logout, then report it.
  • Or accept you may be robbed/killed soon, to then later report it.

If someone was continuously, and aggressively following me, after I told them to stop, I would report it. Though I don't rely on the rules or a report to save me. I'd find a good place of cover, where you're at an advantage, initiate, if they comply, handcuff them in a building, strip all their guns. Destroy them, then run off while leaving them handcuffed, which should give you a 90 second head-start. Worse-case scenario his buddies are nearby, which then you have to evade. 

I have honestly ran away from a hostile situation, where I ended up running in the deep woods, because five guys with assault rifles and black armbands chased after me, after I literally just robbed their watchtower of their building supplies. (Wow, Trent you god damn thief! SHUT UP! CampfireRPers commit hostile acts too you know!) I ended up dropping my backpack (which was full of nails), so I could get more stamina to out-run them and their plate-carriers and heavy weapons. I waited 15 minutes, sneaked back to my stuff, circled around 2 kilometers to the next-next town, and went on with my life.

Edited by CamoRP

@CamoRP well that would totally defeat the point of the roleplay server...

If he keeps on following you or casually walking alongside you, after you told him multiple times to get away you should get the right to shoot him because thats definetly a aggression. Even roleplaywise it would make more sense then your 3 options:

4 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

• Formal/informal Initiation towards them, give them a chance to comply. Report it after you're safe.
  • Run and hide to lose them, wait a few minutes, and then logout, then report it.
  • Or accept you may be robbed/killed soon, to then later report it.

As it's called roleplay most people would defend themselves... and that's currently not possible without giving them the chance to shoot at you first.
It just destroys the immersion and roleplay overall and some sort of rule should be applied to stop it ending in "forum roleplay" or just writting 50 reports a day cuz people keep on doing it.

i think everybody forgets that we are in the post-apocalypse and IRL probably most people would be shot without a warning while following somebody

19 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

Honestly at that point, i'd run into a forest or dense town full of buildings, and hide. If they don't find you in 5 minutes, log out. They can't claim you avoided roleplay or combat logged in a report. Because they were harassing you in-game, no formal/informal initiation occured, and you felt that your character's life may be in danger.

Also to add, it does indeed appear to me as a rulebreak of the Baiting rule.

Reveal hidden contents

4.7 You may not bait other players into situations where you provoke the player into using hostile actions and then using kill rights to kill them. This is known as baiting.

You just told another community member to log out to avoid RP which is a rulebreak too, no. Stop.

Record and report this stuff, the person doing it was likely doing so as a way to get free gear if you initiated through their friend shooting you.

If you couldn’t have recorded at the time, run into a town and lose them there, or forests are a good way to lose people.

Using IRL as a way to create an argument for what took place doesn’t work, at all. ‘IRL’ I’d have just shot you got your shit and left. Rules and regulations are in place to promote RP on the server.

Record and report it, or try to lose them.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mexi said:

You just told another community member to log out to avoid RP which is a rulebreak too, no. Stop.

Record and report this stuff, the person doing it was likely doing so as a way to get free gear if you initiated through their friend shooting you.

If you couldn’t have recorded at the time, run into a town and lose them there, or forests are a good way to lose people.

Using IRL as a way to create an argument for what took place doesn’t work, at all. ‘IRL’ I’d have just shot you got your shit and left. Rules and regulations are in place to promote RP on the server.

Record and report it, or try to lose them.

@Mexi, I don't understand how this is logging out to avoid RP? If he tells them to stop following him, runs into a city center or forest to lose their sight of him, and then wait a few minutes, then logouts. At what point is this breaking any rules?

I didn't say, run into the next building and log out. I also didn't say ignore their harassment towards you.

Running away from hostile players who are chasing after you, is not considered avoiding roleplay. That's just called being smart, and safe.

I will state again, if they can't find me within a few minutes after they lost sight of me, I have every right to log out. I can't see it falling any category of a rulebreak.

• Can't be ruleplay. No rules state any variation of context that may lead to a rulebreak or twist of any current rules.
  • Can't be avoiding roleplay, given the context of the circumstances.
  • Can't be combat logging, because they never formally/informally initiated.

If a staff member can explain to me how this is avoiding roleplay. I'd like a detailed explanation and a stated rule to support this claim.

Edited by CamoRP

This is an older report that should answer your question

Basically, if they follow you for a long time after being repeatedly told to fuck off, they are baiting. 

Why are you lying @Nevo? , this clearly isnt what happened and you make it come out as you did nothing and i pushed you for no reason at all. 

Lets begin agsin as i stated in the report- 

A- i didnt start the hostilities as you were POINTING A WEAPON AT ME DEMANDING MY NAME.

B- I was Rping with you when you decided to run away threatning me to not follow you, while you were clearly out gunned. 

C- while following you i still ran by your side trying to talk to you, only for you to either not respond or simply threaten me again. 

D- WE initiated on YOU, and that was the plan since i saw you pointing your weapon at me. you ran away and i chased you down and we initiated. 

The false accusations here are beyond me, i called you out on you running away from me, never insulting you more than once. 

Also lets not talk about roleplay here shall we, your roleplay in the situation was beyond horrible saying "either kill me or rob me already", not reacting to pain at all and giving lip throughout the whole situation. 

I highly recommend you tell the whole story. also doesnt help blatantly lying and accusing much when you dont have any evidence to back it up.  Knock off the victim play.