Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 04:21
Sign in to follow this  
YO_MIKE

Extend stash timer

Extend stash timer  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

48hr stash timer is too short, and needs to be extended. Anyone with a life or leaves home for a couple days at a time will lose all their progress if they don't reset it. I know a lot of people cry about stashes, and blame them for their lack of "super duper tacticool rifles", but it effects the people that use it for things besides weapons. I think the timer should be 3 or 4 days rather than 2. Their are a million ways to hoard guns, and this 48hr timer does very little to prevent this. This timer makes it really annoying for people who use them for nails, building supplies, rp items like cash etc.

Edited by YO_MIKE

Posted (edited)

No. In fact the stashes should be removed as I am led to believe that's why guns aren't spawning anymore. Everyone has stashed everything. The difference between a barrel or tent and a stash is I can find and actually raid a barrel and tent. 

Edited by Zero

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

No. In fact the stashes should be removed as I am led to believe that's why guns aren't spawning anymore. Everyone has stashed everything. The difference between a barrel or tent and a stash is I can find and actually raid a barrel and tent. 

Its not that hard to stick a barrel in a tree in a forest to hide weapons. I really doubt that stashes are the main issue.

People have tons of stashes and shit stashed around has almost completly ruined the loot table for high end guns. No one can find them except for on other players. Nah stashes need to stay the way they are or just remove them. 

It's already hard to find guns. Only consistent place to find them is on other people. 

1 hour ago, YO_MIKE said:

Its not that hard to stick a barrel in a tree in a forest to hide weapons. I really doubt that stashes are the main issue.

Using that same logic, you can just put a barrel in a tree somewhere. Simple.

As far as Im concerned stashes are fine the way they are or should be removed. Way too many people have buried loads of various rifles, not only the tactical ones, all over the map and its fucking ridiculous.

I use semi-auto rifles and bolt actions and even I can see its stupid that assault rifles and other higher-tier rifles are basically extinct at this point unless you decide to rob someone.

Unpopular opinion, I agree they should be extended. I've found multiple stashes in the past, it's not that hard if you know where and how to look for them. If stashes aren't going to be extended, at least increase barrel spawns because I've seen a grand total of 1 barrel, and 0 tents.

NO

if you want something to happen about them, I only say remove them completely.

Nah not a fan. The 48 hour timer was a good idea I thought, but the problem it was trying to address still remains.

It should be extend. People didn't like the fact people have guns hidden. 

Posted (edited)

I too find it odd that if I decide to go on a weekend trip somewhere, that if I return my stashes are no longer there unless I have someone I know and trust enough, who is willing to spend the time resetting them. I think it should be extended to 7 days.

I honestly think it's extremely petty that because people can't find military weapons, that they think its fair to the rest of us to have the DayZRP devs remove a valid game mechanic, such as stashes or extremely shorten their purpose. If you need a weapon like that, you're either a bandit, or some other entity who seeks to be more so powerful than others, which is just as equally bad. Only other reason that comes to mind is the "convenience" of having a fully-automatic assault rifle. You don't need those weapons to survive or for general roleplay. It made roleplay sense when the government groups did.  Other than that, you only need them if your character's purpose is to thrive in other ways than the norm, through hostile means. Which is fine , but I just think realistically people should expect a shortage of guns, and be forced to seek out alternatives or resort to having to rob people, or raid settlements/stashes, trade, etc. in order to acquire more weapons. 

I for one have searched for assault rifles a lot in the recent week, for trade reasons, as well as for my own convenience. Yeah it sucks to spend days finding a weapon through looting. Alternative options are short when it comes to the legitimacy of acquiring them, such as trade, or checking military checkpoints, seeking out helicopter crashes, or areas with not much player traffic. Otherwise you're stuck robbing people, which frankly, also sucks, because then you have a "full server" spread out throughout the map so thinly, and now the passive roleplayers are hiding, due to the persistent robberies. But that last statement is besides the point, and leads me to the next part (below).

The guns aren't the issue here, it's a people issue. Hostilities need to have consequences. Right now, there's none. You die? You respawn, and move on like it never happend. 

In reality of it all, given our characters situation, encounters wouldn't automatically resort to violence. Which kinda brings me back to that thread about people hiding around the map again, need to make a change in this community, right now it's imbalanced. More hostile activity and relentless PvP, more so than roleplay and CampRP player hubs the last 4-5 weeks.

I definitely do not support the drastic measure of implementing "Hostile Mode", "Hardcore Mode", and "Normal Mode"... I do think however we need something similar again though... anything really...

---

Also wanted to add, right now there's not many methods to storing gear away, settlements or "stash camps" in the woods. Tents are rare, barrels, seachests,etc are even more rare. As for cars used as storage, you can't trust it won't appear 1000m in the air during the next restart. 

Perhaps if there were a way to craft storage that can be hidden away or locked (and prevent offline raiding)... I may consider the removal of stashes, until then, I think it should stay.

Edited by CamoRP

Personally I believe this is why we see this influx of robberies from even non hostior rpers, I say remove stashes!

Nah stashes need to be removed

Loot dosent spawn becose people have so many stashes

I havent seen a single dry bag since i came back

Stashes have been intentionally degraded to a short term temporary storage due to their concealment. Other, more visible items have ability to store items for longer, use these instead.

Don’t stash items if you aren’t going to use them at all and leave them for ages.

So selfish. Stashes should be removed. 

Posted (edited)

Between "totally remove buriable stashes" and "have them unconditionally, forever", I actually like the compromise of degrading storage. That should satisfy most people, and if you cannot care for your stashes within like 2 days or whatever timeframe it may be nor (if you are in a group or with friends) have someone else who can do it:

Tough shit

Consider stashes a team effort then if you alone can't keep them or care for them forever or use barrels, tents, crates, whatever.

Edited by Combine

Remove em all together.

Tents etc worked when we didn’t have this stash shit, now building is in play we’re set.

remove stashes.

Why extend the timers?

Stashes ruin the loot economy, y'all guys hiding all the AR's.

Keep it as is now or get rid of them completely.

At least with 48 hours most AR's are in circulation, some are still being hidden away.

I have had 3 barrels stashed with a car regularly too for over a month now and nobody has found them so easy peasy just use barrels

I personally don't think this should happen, As Our great Glorious Leader Roland has said, there are long-term options 

Gear stashing/hoarding is unnecessary, having temporary stashes is agreeable to an extent as having a short term stash or no stash at all encourages you to go out into the world instead of hiding away with all your 5.56 and tuna cans

9 hours ago, YO_MIKE said:

Then use barrels rather than stashes so you don't lose your shit due to short reset times. 

/Thread ? 

51 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

Gear stashing/hoarding is unnecessary, having temporary stashes is agreeable to an extent as having a short term stash or no stash at all encourages you to go out into the world instead of hiding away with all your 5.56 and tuna cans

Fully agree with @DaRsnn here. No need to stash just go out anf find what you need when you need it and run into RP in different locations by doing this.

I agree with most of the opinions here. If you can't bother to get in the game at least once every 48h to check your stashes then its your loss but timer for them was decreased on purpose because they damage loot economy. If you want to stash stuff just for the sake of hoarding it and its too much trouble for you to get at least once every 2 days to check it out then it's your problem. I'm sorry if I sound a little bit aggressive in this post.