Server time: 2019-04-18, 17:23
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

Crash vs Disconnect logs

Hello,

I have seen it come up in reports before where staff know that players went and manually disconnected because the logs told them so. Recently I opened a report that was closed amicably when I was able to talk it out with the individual involved, but I noticed that the logs for my connection/disconnection was as seen below:

20:14:51 | Player "Doctor James Cole" is connected

20:45:17 | Player "Doctor James Cole" has been disconnected <---- This was a crash to desktop, launcher closed, everything died. I had to restart steam.

20:47:18 | Player "Doctor James Cole" is connected

20:48:10 | Player "Doctor James Cole" has been disconnected <---- This was a crash to desktop with an error prompt, launcher stayed open though.

20:49:07 | Player "Doctor James Cole" is connected

20:53:24 | Player "Doctor James Cole" has been disconnected  <---- This was a manual disconnect so I could post report.

20:57:54 | Player "Doctor James Cole" is connected

-Still Connected-

I was running into game issues with DayZ, putting bandages in my hand crashed me at 20:45:17, and when I tried to relog the game crashed to desktop at 20:48:10, however it is showing up the same as when I managed to relog in and failed to find the individual I was going to RP with, so I logged out to make a report.

I'm only curious because to my eyes all three of those disconnects look the same, but I know for a fact two of them were caused by my DayZ game crashing to desktop. I know people in the past have been deemed guilty for combat logging when they claimed it was a crash, and staff pointed out the logs showed a manual disconnect.

That's no longer possible. All disconnects, whether caused by crash or intentional player disconnect are identical.

Sign in to follow this