Server time: 2019-04-20, 15:23
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 1 hour, 36 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Stagsview

Let's improve communication.

Posted (edited)

Will post later if I have time to write it out. I think this is a good idea and something that has needed to be done for a long time, the problem is it has to be players in general, not just groups. Because not everyone is in a group and they shouldn't get a freebie card for it. Def would be good for leaders to talk things out, but needs to be applied to all players.

Edited by RogueSolace

28 minutes ago, RogueSolace said:

Will post later if I have time to write it out. I think this is a good idea and something that has needed to be done for a long time, the problem is it has to be players in general, not just groups. Because not everyone is in a group and they shouldn't get a freebie card for it. Def would be good for leaders to talk things out, but needs to be applied to all players.

The issue with that sentiment is that not everyone uses Discord or at least not everyone uses our community discord. In other words, it would be really hard to apply to all players simply because not everyone can be contacted that way. Just saying, wanted to throw a few of my cents here.

Sounds like a good idea, however using Discord makes important messages fly up into the chat history, never to be noticed by people who happened to be offline at that time. I personally would prefer a forum here on the website instead, where only group leaders + staff can post.

Posted (edited)

Great idea @Stagsview! Maybe this would change things 🙂 

Edited by Jackfish

I remembered that I already had a similar idea in mind, which was named the Council. Even made a proof of concept page here:

https://www.dayzrp.com/council/

The lack of communication is causing a lot of unnecessary ooc drama that could easily be avoided if people just talked to each other. I've talked to several different people from different groups in their Teamspeaks and i see that the lack of communication makes people assume stuff rather than actually knowing what is going on. This assumed position only grows larger from there and then you have a us vs them situation building up. 

11 minutes ago, Roland said:

I remembered that I already had a similar idea in mind, which was named the Council. Even made a proof of concept page here:

This idea is pretty good and would help ease the tensions between the groups. All it takes is one group thinking the other broke a rule or played dirty and then you have the start of a big ooc conflict. This council idea could be a good way for leaders of groups to talk things out afterwards rather than assuming without knowing. If one group had a bad encounter with another it's a good way to solve things before it leads to even bigger problems 

Posted (edited)

Good idea, this would only improve things.

Edited by sh4wzy

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Sounds like a good idea, however using Discord makes important messages fly up into the chat history, never to be noticed by people who happened to be offline at that time. I personally would prefer a forum here on the website instead, where only group leaders + staff can post.

That sounds great and would be a huge step in improving the overall group interactions for the community.

Best to give it a trail run and see if things improve.

I suggested discord mainly for easy and quick access to chat about. Forums isn't a bad idea...but this will only work if the clan leaders are onboard to try it. No point in trying it if people arent willing to do something about it from my experience. While its nice to see Rolle implement it...we need to see if they are willing to use it.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I tried to give you beanz but my beanz dont work! I like this concept page as well as the idea of a clan leader council

Really like this concept. It keeps the community together in a kind-of-way, and should help prevent petty arguements which lead to stupid reports and silly bans, this could really do some sweet stuff for the community. Full support!

This is a great idea! If it works as intended it will be a huge step towards improving group communications. +1+1+1

Thank you @Stagsview, very cool!

Everyone should try this, really.

Don't knock it till you try it.

This is a great idea, not sure why something like it hasn't come up before.

I'd like to think we are a mature enough community to make this work, there might be the occasional butting of heads, but more communication is better than zero.

Get er' done!

Fantastic idea! +1 from me, sorting issues like these just by talking to each other i think will improve relations between clans on the forums greatly!

13 hours ago, Tewudin said:

The issue with that sentiment is that not everyone uses Discord or at least not everyone uses our community discord. In other words, it would be really hard to apply to all players simply because not everyone can be contacted that way. Just saying, wanted to throw a few of my cents here.

I did not say anything about discord. I meant people need to talk and communicate period