Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 10:58
Sign in to follow this  
Hellspawn

S1 - Invalid execution - Military Tents near Topolka Dam - 04/04/2019

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1, Military Tent near Topolka Dam

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 20:20 - 20: 30 04/04/2019

Your in game name: Duncan Evans

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: Logs will show

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): None

Detailed description of the events: I was checking out the military tents close to Topolka Dam, shoot some infected. Then this guy turns up, we do small talk. He then asks me to open up a can for him. I do so and he initated on me, asks me to drop my weapons, backpack, vest ect. I do that, then he then tells me to strip, I said I'm not going to. He keeps insisting I strip and I don't. He then counts down to 5 and shoots me dead.

My reason for the report is because I don't see why he just straight out killed me. He could of told me to tie myself up, or maybe knocked me out. He could even just shoot me in the leg to show me he meant it. I complied to everything else but stripping naked, so it just seems like he wanted a reason to kill me.

Edited by Hellspawn

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(25) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Head(0) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(1) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into RightArm(30) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(24) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Lungs(49) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(16) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(14) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into RightArm(31) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(1) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Lungs(49) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(24) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Lungs(49) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(16) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 
20:30:33 | Player "Duncan Evans" hit by Player "Todd Layne" into Torso(14) for 34 damage (Bullet_762x39) with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
20:30:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" killed by Player "Todd Layne" with SK 59/66 from 3.91889 meters 

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
20:15:26 | Player "Duncan Evans" is connected 
-KILLED-
20:31:32 | Player "Duncan Evans" has been disconnected

20:17:01 | Player "Todd Layne" is connected
20:38:39 | Player "Todd Layne" has been disconnected

Calling in:

@Grimby1734 - POSTED

For their full and detailed PoV. Along with any other unedited evidence that they may have of this situation. Please also list all of your allies that were involved. Please also explain why you logged off only 8 minutes after killing @Hellspawn.

Posted (edited)

I told him several times that i was going to shoot him if he didnt take his clothes off so i could see if he had a hidden weapon or not, i had duct tape but barely any so i wasnt sure if it'd work to tie him up or not, i even gave him a count down, and the reason I logged off 8 minutes after is because i had to do something irl, and i was certain nobody would come because i was pretty far away after running for 6 minutes. When a man has a gun to your skull you think you'd start stripping after the first time he asked, if he wouldnt have said no so many times i would have let him go but I think its fair game after giving him several warnings and a countdown.

Edited by Grimby1734
adding more info

10 hours ago, Grimby1734 said:

I told him several times that i was going to shoot him if he didnt take his clothes off so i could see if he had a hidden weapon or not, i had duct tape but barely any so i wasnt sure if it'd work to tie him up or not, i even gave him a count down, and the reason I logged off 8 minutes after is because i had to do something irl, and i was certain nobody would come because i was pretty far away after running for 6 minutes. When a man has a gun to your skull you think you'd start stripping after the first time he asked, if he wouldnt have said no so many times i would have let him go but I think its fair game after giving him several warnings and a countdown.

I refused to strip to try and further the role-play. If this was real life I'd be agreeing with you, but it's a role-play server and you had so many other options to choose from. Forcing me to strip just because of a game mechanic seems kinda like bad RP.

I have to ask though, why did your character killing mine without any hesitation? Is he a psychopath that feels no remorse? I wasn't a threat to you at any point. The only thing I refused to do was take off my shirt and pants

Did you rob me just for my gear? Or did you have something else planned? Because I kinda got the feeling you just wanted to take my stuff and leave ASAP.

Even if you feel justified by killing me you still combat logged after only eight minutes. You had no way of knowing for certain if I was alone or not.

Posted (edited)

Even if you weren’t alone, you had no way of contacting your friends after you were disposed of, not to mention, i was watching you from down the hill before i even came up to you, there was no possibility of you having friends, not to mention, even though this is roleplay, fear for your life is a rule too, and it seems to me you broke that, i may have broken combat log by having to go do something, but you still had a gun to your head, and after 4 or 5 death threats you still refused, i did have a plan in order to try to use whatever you had on you to tie you up, but you kept refusing so i had to do what i did, and he did have remorse, he said sorry before he killed you and felt bad afterwards, but he’s learned after a while that you can’t hesitate anymore. (edit) Also you had been shooting a hell of a lot before i shot you and killed you, even if you had friends they’d probably assume it was you taking out zombies.

Edited by Grimby1734

@Hellspawn @Grimby1734 Do either of you have any video evidence of the situation?

Verdict:

@Grimby1734 - BadRP | Combat logging - Guilty.
@Hellspawn - NVFL - Guilty.

Summary:

@Hellspawn is looting the military tents up near Topolka dam, where he runs into @Grimby1734. After @Grimby1734 asks @Hellspawn to open a can for him, he initiates on @Hellspawn and orders him to drop his vest, backpack etc. before asking him to strip naked. @Hellspawn refuses and after repeated warnings, is killed for his noncompliance.

First off, @Grimby1734 in this situation, you initiated on @Hellspawn and forced him to drop his posessions, before demanding that he strip out of his clothing as well. This is considered BadRP, as there are far better methods of going about searching people without making them strip out of their clothes. You say you did it to search him for a hidden weapon, however a better way of going about this would be:

Alex Macintyre: *Pats him down for any weapons* //Do I find any?
Joseph Green: *You would find a knife in his pocket*

Now, logs obviously show you logging out after only 8 minutes, as you say you had to do something in real life. We understand that real life always comes first, however it doesn't change the fact that you logged out 22 minutes early, and thus will also be punished for combat logging. 

@Hellspawn You will be punished for NVFL in this report, as while we understand that what @Grimby1734 was doing was against the rules, you should always prioritise the current roleplay situation, and comply with any demands you may have been given as a hostage. The rules which support this verdict are:

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Before closing this report, I would like to offer advice to both of you. @Grimby1734 As mentioned, if you want to check if somebody has a concealed weapon in their clothing, the text emote example is a great method of checking for concealed weapons without stripping, as that person is then obligated to answer yes if they do have a concealed weapon. Furthermore, if you have to go and do something, but you have not sat out your combat timer, you should have tried to contact @Hellspawn OOC and ask for permission to log, or come into helpdesk if you do not know how to get in touch with them. Alternatively, you can go AFK in a bush, however make sure you are in a concealed area. @Hellspawn In future situations, you should comply with any demands your captors may have, as while @Grimby1734 did break a rule, you should always focus on the RP situation first, and then contemplate rulebreaks after the situation ends.

Outcome:

@Grimby1734 - BadRP | Combat Logging - Guilty - 5 day ban and 10 warning points

@Hellspawn - NVFL - Guilty - 3 day ban and 10 warning points - Character PK'd

Signed by: @RandyRP, @BrianM @Pontiff & @Onyx w/ notes