Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 06:28
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP 19.4.1

@Roland I would like to please request that a medic armband (like w red cross) be open to everyone and in shop. The reason being- yes there are medic groups, but there are PCs who are medics who may not be in those groups, who are just as important ic.

red cross is a distinct symbol for any medical person to easily allow themselves to be seen, and should not (if it has been) only be allowed to groups.

I would suggest being able to have custom armbands for medical groups to distinguish them, but red cross for everyone, or if their ch history is medical

12 minutes ago, RogueSolace said:

@Roland I would like to please request that a medic armband (like w red cross) be open to everyone and in shop. The reason being- yes there are medic groups, but there are PCs who are medics who may not be in those groups, who are just as important ic.

red cross is a distinct symbol for any medical person to easily allow themselves to be seen, and should not (if it has been) only be allowed to groups.

I would suggest being able to have custom armbands for medical groups to distinguish them, but red cross for everyone, or if their ch history is medical

That will result in a lot of people, not only medics, running around with red cross armband or people pretending they are medics in firefights and what not to not get shot. I'd very much prefer to reserve it to a specialized medical group that actually focuses on medical RP, that way the red cross armband retains its importance and meaning.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RogueSolace said:

100% AGREED The Red cross armband should not be tied to just one single group. there are so many characters out in the wasteland that are medical personalle that are not tied to a single group to limit their ability to use such a icon that is the most used symbol for medicine would be wrong imo.

Also I believe there was actually some legal issues with the red cross in the past. I've seen a few reports here and there where games and companies had to recently patch out their use of a red cross for a blue H, red H or a pill icon because of copyright infringement. I dont think it'll be any issue but i just want to make sure @Roland is aware of it

https://www.icrc.org/en/copyright-and-terms-use  

https://www.redcross.org/terms-of-use.html

From my quick google searches it seems the redcross symbol was trademarked by the "American red cross" organisation.

Edited by Ender

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Roland said:

That will result in a lot of people, not only medics, running around with red cross armband or people pretending they are medics in firefights and what not to not get shot. I'd very much prefer to reserve it to a specialized medical group that actually focuses on medical RP, that way the red cross armband retains its importance and meaning.

As a medic player, I appreciate the want to not let it just be used by anyone for those purposes. People pretending to be officials or other groups is extremely frustrating. We do already have the same issues with the UN gear though.

Perhaps the medic one needs to be something that an admin has to check the character page to ensure the person is okay to wear it before allowing it to be purchased? Case by case basis, to me that would make the most sense. that way it is ensured that only medics get it, but people who are just as important as groups are not left out.

My ch as you know, is an extremely accomplished surgeon, I've been waiting for an armband excitedly to show that. But I'm in a group that is not considered a 'medical' group, because we tried that, and you know what happened. Does that mean my ch is quitting being a dr? hell no. She's just not in a place to do it as frequently. I still want her to be just as visible (while wearing the outfits I like IC) as any other doctor, and I think anyone playing doctors should have that right, not just groups. Some people have reasons for not being in doctors groups et. it does not devalue them as ic medical staff, but it feels like only giving groups the options are unfair and devaluing them. 

The other issue is using variations, while that is entirely possible, the point of medical armbands is for them to be easily identified by anyone, meaning they need to be the same.

49 minutes ago, Ender said:

100% AGREED The Red cross armband should not be tied to just one single group. there are so many characters out in the wasteland that are medical personalle that are not tied to a single group to limit their ability to use such a icon that is the most used symbol for medicine would be wrong imo.

Also I believe there was actually some legal issues with the red cross in the past. I've seen a few reports here and there where games and companies had to recently patch out their use of a red cross for a blue H, red H or a pill icon because of copyright infringement. I dont think it'll be any issue but i just want to make sure @Roland is aware of it

https://www.icrc.org/en/copyright-and-terms-use  

https://www.redcross.org/terms-of-use.html

From my quick google searches it seems the redcross symbol was trademarked by the "American red cross" organisation.

Thank you! 

Good points...so lets see..

the drawing or foreign registration shows the symbol in red;

the drawing is not in color, but the specimen shows the symbol in red; or

the drawing is not in color, but it includes the wording Red Cross or Geneva Cross.

While not making 100% sense, there is an extremely easy way to do this.... RED armband with a WHITE cross. Now, the problem is that this is the flag of Switzerland..

image.png.0b980c01ed2c2ca98154f9cb4eb06982.png

but copyright infringement is not something anyone wants to get in trouble for. at the same time, we've already been using it along with items in the game... I doubt putting it on an armband is going to be that problematic. 

The other thing is that dayz itself uses the patch...so maybe they have permission or something? I don't know, but its already used in game.

image.png.ba96cb0e3fa15e8a4545334afb40efd5.png

Edited by RogueSolace

Posted (edited)

Other options:

image.png.9754e8e96f62d8ec5aca9bed0a158639.png

image.png.0b64bb5abe9af2a76f98a803be4c5028.png

Also-

Paramedics

Spoiler

image.png.cf9f3c3740e884006359dab7a107db14.pngimage.png.ed73b6d625f0ce7be1486f9b29a49d38.pngimage.png.1d8ffd14181f3431589ac6584f2b410c.png  

Combat Medic (Military Only)

Spoiler

image.png.2a5d74a78155a0c4851168fbff08f7af.pngimage.png.80599bc0b611727b0a582c83b8b6bdc1.pngimage.png.8df10ca1313ca19cff61563daa77ba5a.png   

Edited by RogueSolace

Please add Muslim clothing if there is an option to do so. Otherwise +1 on what came out so far tbh.

I’d like to say that the new variations on the hunting jacket look fantastic and I’ll certainly be using them in the future.

18 hours ago, Ron said:

Since the new update/mod the ig text chat is fucked.

When you type and hit enter all symbols disappear including the text itself along with health, thirst & co. You need to hit tab then it shows up again. Happens randomly, not all the time.

Also while typing a message it sometimes kick you out of the text bar and while typing what your character says, your character starts to move or jump or whatever are your key bindings.

Any possible fix for this?

@Kerkkoh @Watchman @Jeriko351 & others.

I'll add it to the todo list. Probably has something to do with the custom text chat input length thing that I had put in a while ago.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

Simple, thank you. Having the armbands actually mean something instead of just whoever wants to wear it and pretend. 

Thing is, why do you want to restrict characters with a medical background or profession just because they aren't in that particular group that has this focus?

The result is, expect to be shot (at) if you have this on in an active firefight and a firearm in your hands. Simple.

Just now, Combine said:

Thing is, why do you want to restrict characters with a medical background or profession just because they aren't in that particular group that has this focus?

The result is, expect to be shot (at) if you have this on in an active firefight and a firearm in your hands. Simple.

That's why we have multiple variations of a medical armband, so a medical character can get the band but not the same as the group. 

I can live with that. If this point was previously mentioned or part of the context forgive me, I mostly saw the snippet above and commented with that in mind.

Basically, I agree with what you just posted.