Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 10:59
Sign in to follow this  
YO_MIKE

Rules question

Is it against the rules to have a woman character model while roleplaying as a man? Would this be fail rp?

Yes, it's classified as Bad-RP if I recall correctly.

24 minutes ago, Zero said:

Yes, it's classified as Bad-RP if I recall correctly.

I had to ask because I see it everyday but no one blinks an eye.

You can report people for that yes.

16 minutes ago, Eagle said:

You can report people for that yes.

It's not worth the time it takes to report it. I just feel like no one ever talks about it so people just assume its ok. I think if people were aware that this could get them points for bad rp they would stop on their own.

3 minutes ago, YO_MIKE said:

It's not worth the time it takes to report it. I just feel like no one ever talks about it so people just assume its ok. I think if people were aware that this could get them points for bad rp they would stop on their own.

I used to report people for that but I've met at least 50-60 man ladies so I just stopped giving a fuck.

Literally, it's gotten to a point where I have seen so many guys playing as chicks, that I have given up on caring. But to my understanding it would fall under BadRP rules.

Since we are still plagued by the fact that characters are randomized on death and that there is still no easy fix, it is tolerated. I personally can't fathom not having the right character model for the character you play but I guess it doesn't really matter when you plan on dying in a firefight within the hour anyway. Let it slide for now and once we are back to having a functioning character selection, we'll probably get back to considering it BadRP. (mind that you can still report it right now if it is used in a trollish/bad way.)

I remember asking about this a while back and the conclusion was that it is in fact BadRP.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pontiff said:

Its pretty easy to fix:

1: You die

2: press exit 

3: Click on "Customize character"

4: Choose your character 

5: Join the server

6: RP 

Edited by Jackfish

What @Jackfish said. The whole thing takes like 2 minutes. If that isn't easy enough, I don't know what is

4 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

Its pretty easy to fix:

1: You die

2: press exit 

3: Click on "Customize character"

4: Choose your character 

5: Join the server

6: RP 

I have to agree. That takes not even 1 minute. 

1 minute ago, Lyca said:

I have to agree. That takes not even 1 minute. 

Yeah but the thing is people either forget about that solution or assume it has been already fixed and therefore its unnecessary. Or they simply don't give two F's about that anymore and since it's "accaptable" at this point by some people, that just re-enforces their unwillingness.

11 minutes ago, Tewudin said:

Yeah but the thing is people either forget about that solution or assume it has been already fixed and therefore its unnecessary. Or they simply don't give two F's about that anymore and since it's "accaptable" at this point by some people, that just re-enforces their unwillingness.

I have forgotten about the solution multiple times in a row, sure, I was mad, but it doesn't take that long to die in game and select the right model again.

Never seen the 'I thought it was fixed' excuse.

I have seen people just too lazy to actually select the right model and continue playing with the model they respawned as.

Until the dayz devs fix that, I don't see why we would need more reasons to report people.

I think this is kind of a silly thing to report ATM considering the fucked respawn system where it randomizes your character and how we no longer have a way to commit suicide at spawn. I know I've personally forgotten to exit, then hit respawn, only to have blonde hair when my character is brunette. Now, in order to fix this mistake, I have to run and find something to kill my character and go through that entire process, and then get back to the RP. I think it's easier just to continue with it and perhaps hide it a bit which isn't too hard to do.