Server time: 2019-04-20, 07:22
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 37 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Jasper

People Hiding Is Killing The Server...

What needs to happen  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, dracoman45 said:

in my own word theres too much hostile rp going on we need to be able to breath and be able to have good rp going on

So... hostile RP can't be good RP?

Posted (edited)

Im saying that there`s to much robbing and hostility thats all

Edited by dracoman45

Just now, dracoman45 said:

Put your hands up. You aren't even safe on the forums, boy.

Nah, in all seriousness that is a very straw-man way to look at it, but I respect your opinion non the less.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dracoman45 said:

You can't RP without your M4? gear is the least of your worries or should be steller RP should be over everything if they do it in a bad way report simple.

Edited by Eagle

Posted (edited)

I find it hard to believe that people are "hiding" in their bases all day avoiding rp. I believe the real cause is people spreading all throughout the map to avoid the center triangle area. An example of this is the people building settlements in Cherno. It has been fairly easy to find people in the Cherno Electro area because people know they can go down there and get some peaceful rp. Everyone is being driven to the edges of the maps because the amount of bandit group in the triangle area are insane, and their are no other places they can turn to for rp. Their is no longer a reliable place people go for rp anymore, they are forced to just roam the outskirts in an effort to avoid bandit hostility.

Edited by YO_MIKE

15 minutes ago, Wong said:

So... hostile RP can't be good RP?

9 minutes ago, Eagle said:

You can't RP without your M4? gear is the least of your worries or should be steller RP should be over everything if they do it in a bad way report simple.

9 minutes ago, Hollows said:

Put your hands up. You aren't even safe on the forums, boy.

Nah, in all seriousness that is a very straw-man way to look at it, but I respect your opinion non the less.

I don't think hostile rp in general is the problem, but the style of hostile rp that is so common today. 

1. Have large group of bandits

2. Swarm everyone you meet worth robbing

3. Put your hands up or die

4. Steal their gear

5. Torture them and threaten execution if they say something thats hurts your characters pride

I haven't been taxed, tolled, or strong armed in months. It's always put your hands up and drop your stuff. If a group controlled an area and offered protection for a tax upon entrance of the area that would be sick as fuck to be honest. Their are a million different ways to hostile rp, but the bandit meta atm is zerg kill, and steal.

I'll be honest. We got a base I guess would be considered out of the way. A lot of people know where it is, people have come by when we are on and off. I still run into a decent amount of people out and about though. Personally I don't really care for the triangle regardless of the hostilities. It's kind of a boring part of the map imo. I mean the military loot is more heavy there, but it's like big open fields between towns. No wonder people get robbed you can see people for miles. 

I like seeing the rest of the map it's part of the game y'know? I'd feel kinda dumb if I only spend time in like 10% of it. Though I do understand the feeling of running around the map and not finding anyone after like 2+ hours it sucks real bad.

I will say though last lore and earlier this one it was a pretty rewarding feeling looking for that one group hiding off in some insignificant place after a while of searching. Even if my intentions were good or not. That's my opinion though.

As for these suggestions I think any number of would be a positive input regardless of the state of the people on the server.

Posted (edited)

People don't hide because they avoid hostile RP, they hide because initations on entire towns and wars between groups that have no resolution in sight because, in reality, both sides OOC are fucking loving the daily firefights, are what makes em hide. And frankly? Apart from the few odd cookies who are in these hostile groups who are at war who want to go do some non hostile RP , not many folk I know tend to not mind the lack of non hostile Rper's being around. 

The only legit complaint i've heard from folks I know is "it sucks because I have no one to rob for ammo, and we're running dry after that last fire fight, and all the rest is being hoarded". 

Make ammo less rare and:

Non Hostile Rpers can go hide and enjoy the campfire Rp to their hearts content
Hostile Rpers can continue the call of duty matches in the triangle without ammo / loot issues ( hence leaving the non hostile rper's alone)
Rolle gets income from both groups of people, as they are both content and happy to stay in the community.

Bang, boom, straight to the moon!

Now where is my staff rank? 

Edited by The Traveler

Base Building is the main reason in my opinion. Very easy to isolate yourself. I dont think rules should be added to "force" people meeting up. I kinda like the idea of people being scattered all round the map, making better use of it rather than all of it being focused in the Triangle.

I'd say a good way not too feel bored is working towards inner RP. I know it's not for everyone but some of my best RP has been by RPing with close OOC friends. By doing so, you're always Rping and when you do meet a stranger, it makes it all of the more exciting. Group leaders, try some inner RP with your group, it's a lot of fun.

I don't want to point fingers, but I have to say, friendly groups are trying to create hubs so people don't have to hide , but they get attacked all the time. Not saying hostile groups shouldn't attack though.

Posted (edited)

Don't think anyone is scared of hostile situations, what people are scared of are terrible reasoning for hostile situations and unreasonable captors that are just looking for a reason to execute. Also the the standard for hostile RP is down the drain, what used to be considered badrp is now being considered decent rp. If the hostile RP was better then people wouldn't be trying to hide, but I can say from personal experience everytime (twice) i've been hostage it has been memed to hell.

Edited by MoodyOG

I can definitely see why most people have been keeping to themselves recently. The server is currently dominated by hostile rp, and the aforementioned hostile rp is lack lustre most times- consisting of the very predictable "put your hands up / don't back talk me / give me your shit / *bang bang* ".

Myself and the other green mountain radio peeps enjoy providing a rp hub when we can- but it got to the point people were only showing up to shoot and rob.
We hosted a bbq, it went splendidly. We hosted a theatre night with stand up comedy and storytelling, that went well too. We would host parties and have football (soccer) matches, but it got to a point where those things were hard to do because people would show up and immediately start robbing or shooting. 
It was draining trying to come up with new ideas to spark rp with people on the server only to have a large portion of peeps just opt solely for PvP. So we had to take a break before we all burned out.
If people are choosing to avoid the large swaths of area controlled by pvp-hungry hostile groups it might be because they are getting tired of dealing with it near constantly without really getting any story advancement out of it for their characters.

Ive not had issues finding people that were non-hostile, My group is fairly active and we do more survival rp. Very rarely get robbed and when we do, we survive usually by doing whatever the best course of action is

I guess it depends on the character. For example, my character is currently "Watch and get information" rather than "go be buddy buddy with everybody" because I have a job to do, and the job I'm doing requires me to hide out and get information. However, I can agree that people seem to be staying in their small groups hiding places too much but the reason for that is the level of hostile RP. Most of the hostilities stem from people wanting the rare rifles, so they rob the people that do have them. Having an M1A, when I run across somebody that's always my first thought is "They want my gun".
It's been proven in the past that when a hub is set up, all the hostile groups just bum rush to see who can ruin it first, and it gets old. So I don't think it's a mystery as to why people are keeping to themselves, they're tired of the overdone hostile RP.

If you want me to be honest I think people would come back out if hostilities stopped as a whole. People aren't willing to lose their gun for some hostileRP, I have gave people 40+ minutes of hostileRP and have only took their gun so I don't get shot in the back of the head and after the RP is over they still complain and say "And you wonder why people hide". If we are being truthful people want their safe space where they cannot be hurt and won't lose their automatic rifle, people aren't willing to progress their character with hostileRP. I can't speak for everyone that does hostileRP but me personally, if I rob you I give you a job to do and if you do these jobs you basically earn immunity from being robbed by us. And for the most part people that want to progress their character will work for us and won't have any problems doing it, just my opinion though.

I think a summit could possibly solve things for a short amount of time but hostilities are inevitable. IMO people just need to stop being scared of hostile situations and realize they can be good. 

Posted (edited)

As a person who's in a pretty unique position, having made a stationary character in a very high traffic area, it's definitely more of a problem of people moving around via the usual routes. Like, I'd expect people to come up every couple of minutes at high pop but I'm seeing people by the fire every half hour at best. Now I don't know if that's because those routes are patrolled by the usual bandit fare or because people are spending tons of time in their bases but people are definitely moving around a lot less. I'd say be the change you wanna see in the server! Travel as much as you can on those high traffic routes and meet new people. Leave your good stuff in your base so getting robbed doesn't cause as many problems for your bottom line and it reduces the incentive to rob you in general. The biggest recommendation I have is: be approachable. Everybody can play the gritty survivalist who lives by his wits and never goes into a situation without knowing everything first but it takes some real courage to be kind and approachable even if you know you're going to get robbed. Not saying to be stupid, but kindness has its rewards on this server. After all, as much as we like to guffaw about people just wanting to rob everybody and get geared up, that gets boring after a while and in the end, we're all playing on an RP server so we can RP. Maybe I'm just an optimist, I dunno.

Edited by Iceinfly

In order to actually fix this, we gotta look at why people are hiding in the first place:

Why he initiated? No clue. I was AFK and come back to an initiation, clip was reviewed all he says is "Hey vato", followed by an initiation. I don't care who it is, because we have all done botched initiations in the past, but perhaps there needs to be a form of reasoning?

18 minutes ago, MoodyOG said:

Don't think anyone is scared of hostile situations, what people are scared of are terrible reasoning for hostile situations and unreasonable captors that are just looking for a reason to execute.

Moody is right.

You have the select few people who are more than likely in their first month of whitelist and avoid population in order to keep their gear, but the vast majority of people that I've spoke to, who are integrated members of the community and actually understand the roleplay mechanics of the server mostly avoid populated areas because of sub-par hostile RP. Because of this, it seems that most dynamics or non-hostile groups have the idea that any hostileRP group will provide the same level of roleplay as their previous encounters and instead avoid all other groups that have a hint of hostile in it.

People who experience rubbish RP and are presented with unreasonable captors should report the encounters and deal with it there and then, making threads like these usually devolve into endless paragraphs of bullshit that nobody will read except the two arguing.

Also a peace summit won’t work. When the last one happened, it was broken within 5 minutes of it being signed so ya no thanks. Great idea but people are too bloodthirsty it seems 

The last thing we need is a OOC forced peace summit. 

37 minutes ago, Jack the Ripper said:

-SNIP-

Couldn't have said it any better brother, you always hit it home.

54 minutes ago, Jack the Ripper said:

- I know of at LEAST two hostile groups that will either send people on their way with full kit, weapon and ammo included. I know some people that will set their gear on the ground, tell them to run across a field or something and THEN come back for their shit (giving the aggressors plenty of time to get away.) "But then they could hunt us down and kill us." - So what? That's part of the thrill. That feeling of never being 100% safe, even if you have a massive group of mates around you. Honestly? Grow a pair. Potius Cras for instance, are at a CONSTANT disadvantage as their whole group is KOSable at ALL times. My fucking hat off to them, by the way.

Be a lot more helpful if you were more specific with who you're pointing fingers at. I assume it's either 24th street, or Jackals. I can't speak for 24th street, but as someone who has played with Jackals as a third party for a little bit I can say that if they don't need someone's gear they leave them with it very often, and frankly they give some of the best hostage RP I've seen in a while, especially Nik, the leader.

There has been a overwhelming amount of hostile RP and it still continues today. It also looks to be getting worse currently. Hints this thread and the obvious side effects in game. Myself and personnel from my group patrol Chernarus regularly. Looking for survivors in need of aid and good RP opportunities. We provide friendly RP, supplies, and protection (if desired). However everyone we make contact with, is absolutely terrified upon contact. They always assume they are about to be robbed, beaten, killed, or all three and vocalizing this regularly. Players don't want to participate in that and I don't blame them. The hoarding of gear and weapons has a large effect as well, causing numerous items to be unobtainable. Shifting players focus to other RP servers. 

There is a obvious need for hostile groups, per good RP. But the current amount looks to be overwhelming in the eyes of the community and is negatively effecting enjoyment levels of current game-play.

These are my opinions, personal observations, and reports from other players. Not focused on anyone or any group. But is 100% focused on the community and current enjoyment levels of game-play.

Posted (edited)

I think Jack said everything,

HostileRP is boring these days, I got captured a couple times the last days and this is what I noticed on all 3 of them.

- Big group rolls up

- The big group gives 0 to a little bit RP and are mainly trying to bait you into a initiation.

- You dont take the bait so they initiate

- They want you to drop your gun, backpack and vest (9/10 times they take everything and even force you to give them your cloathes)

- They ask for information and if they even think you are lying they start beating you Instead of some good torture RP because that probably takes to much time

- If you give them a attitude they warn you that if you continue you will be killed (leaving the hostage with a boring experience since alot of their guys are talking on the radio and just stare at you)

- They get bored of it and tell you to fuck off or / and give you a task that makes no sense and 7/10 times is only fun for the hostage take

- A depressed hostage makes a thread about how bad hostage RP is or post feedback on the groupthread but the group responds with "Thank you for your feedback" and they dont do shit with most feedback

- HostilepvpRPers tell them they are just salty because they lost all their gear and that 9/10 times the hostage gives 0 RP too (but forget they cant because they will get killed if they say a wrong word)

Personally I miss groups like " The Family " who provided 10/10 hostageRP and actually cared about storylines.

I fucking hate the fact that I cant find people but I understand why people move, they dont want to get taken every single day and dont want to get the shitty hostage RP from most groups (there are a couple that provide good RP, Like Kemenichi).

idk, shit needs to change because it gets boring as fuck, I miss the small dynamics running around and the RP they provided. Fucking hate running into a group of 10 because overall heir RP is pretty shit.

EDIT: In all 3 of my encounters with hostile groups I noticed a couple good rpers but the bad ones ruined the whole experience.

Edited by Jackfish

Idk

People dosent like to lose

And then peoples mindset that everyone is gonna be a top notch roleplayer