Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 16:49 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 3 hours, 10 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Jasper

People Hiding Is Killing The Server...

What needs to happen  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about making an allocated camp somewhere on the map which is set up by something for the loremasters to decide where you are not allowed to initiate or is considered a "PVP free zone / safezone" this would give a chance for people from all groups to RP amongst each other with no interferences, we could give this idea a trial run to see how it goes and see how many people actually use this RP zone to communicate amongst each other. It would be hard to draw a line between what counts as hostile but it's worth a try considering the amount of people hiding from the triangle due to the constant robberies and initiations flying around. I have to admit I avoid the triangle because being initiated on 24/7 sucks. 

Just now, Drake said:

How about making an allocated camp somewhere on the map which is set up by something for the loremasters to decide where you are not allowed to initiate or is considered a "PVP free zone / safezone" this would give a chance for people from all groups to RP amongst each other with no interferences, we could give this idea a trial run to see how it goes and see how many people actually use this RP zone to communicate amongst each other. It would be hard to draw a line between what counts as hostile but it's worth a try considering the amount of people hiding from the triangle due to the constant robberies and initiations flying around. I have to admit I avoid the triangle because being initiated on 24/7 sucks. 

This has been done a few times in the past during the mod era. Initial trade post was a wild zone but the second coming of it was a literal no pvp area with god mode and everything. It started promising but after a few weeks it turned into a place for people to run to when being chased by bandits or a place to big dick and talk all sorts of shit while you flaunt the best gear you can find with no worries of losing it. People would literally stay in the tradepost forever. 

Just now, Hex said:

This has been done a few times in the past during the mod era. Initial trade post was a wild zone but the second coming of it was a literal no pvp area with god mode and everything. It started promising but after a few weeks it turned into a place for people to run to when being chased by bandits or a place to big dick and talk all sorts of shit while you flaunt the best gear you can find with no worries of losing it. People would literally stay in the tradepost forever. 

Could be worth another try but with stricter rules regulating the above...? Even if it's for 2 days there would be no harm in trying it out.

Here i am Seeing like 15 or people every hour passing through my base

Its the way the game is. You adapt hot spots change base building changes the game. i still constantly get alot of good RP. making more rule about stuff or the way rp has to be done will lead to stiffer RP. 

On 4/6/2019 at 2:50 AM, Drake said:

Not making any suggestions but with the current rules regarding staff events, a loremaster could technically make an indefinite event with hostile action restrictions. 

I don't see that getting approved but with the way the rules are currently written, it's possible.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:55 AM, Drake said:

Could be worth another try but with stricter rules regulating the above...? Even if it's for 2 days there would be no harm in trying it out.

We had a trade post with safe zone in 0.62. It solved the staying forever issue by having it being on a timer, some hours it would be a open with trading post and safe zone, others just a normal area. Nobody visited it much tho, perhaps because of the location up north. I don't think there's a need for such a Hotspot anymore now that we have base building. 

85% of the groupes are hostile that most interactions end badly for smaller groups or solo players..  With so many hostile groups It's no wonder people hide.. 

With people now complaining about guns being rare or hard to find, Even more robbery occure. As much as one say that people hiding, and trying to avoid bad situations are causing trouble.. I say take a second thought before you decide to do something well bad guy like. Oww It's my character.. He's just like that.. Or I want to robb people It's fun.. I say one should not just consider reasons to do something.. Take a OOC 5 second thought.. Is this gona be fun for the guy im doing this to? Should we raid them when we believe they hardly got any in there group online. Would taking this guy's gun actually benefit me other then that Im gona stash it to use if I somehow lose the already Automatic I got. 

I still really really want Active guarded.. Settlements and places to go.. Public and good spots.. but non such exist for longer then a few hours or lucky a few days.. And force people to hide there bases.. It feels like a double moral saying that one want the RP to be as realistic as possible and therefor no ceasefire or no KOS zones should not exist.. As people would turtle there.. Yea.. But at the moment bad guy's decide the time to do things.. If this was real life i would live in that settlement.. we have guards 24/7 actually defending there home.. One can't defend the settlements like it was a second job.. but one can just gather a bunch of people and raid it at any hour..  There's ways to attempt to improve or solve this. Still without actual spots to go to where some kind of juristiction exist that can't be outmanuvered by just logging in at low pop hours.. Then I don't see any chance for changes. I feel or want honestly for there to be rules that compliment the settlers.. As much as it may feel restricted.. this 24/7 do what you want all out anarchy Is not any better. 

21 minutes ago, Bensto10 said:

- User has been warned for the post -

This thread is about "what would help" the rp in the server. It is  not about anyone's sexuality / sexual actions in any forest. Maybe try and contribute something to the topic.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Bensto10 said:

- Arned, starned, this user was warned -

Very informative and helpful towards the topic being discussed here, I appreciate your input as a community member my friend.

Honestly, most of the groups on the server currently are hostile, and it makes sense in a post-apocalyptic scenario, but I feel like this is what's causing people to go into hiding. 60% of the encounters (from what I am reading and hear from other people) end in an initiation and/or robbery. Hostile RP is great and healthy for the server and can be a lot of fun for both parties, constant robbing, on the other hand, isn't.

I think that the hostile groups that are on the server currently should try and do hostile RP in some new and more interesting ways, without initiations. There are multiple ways to have amazing hostile scenarios with other people that do not require an initiation, and if you're going to initiate, don't run up and immediately drop it, 'cause there's no fun in a surprise behind a wall/cover initiation being dropped without any interaction. Try and create interesting scenarios when robbing someone, instead of the usual immediate initiation followed by vague semi-topical questions.

If you wanna rob someone, you could for example;

• Pretend to be wounded, and when someone comes up to you and emotes to inspect your wounds say "*The man does not appear to have any wounds whatsoever*", before dropping your façade and having you guys appear with their guns raised.

A scenario like this is also a lot more approachable for people than a group of 15 people running directly towards them.

TL;DR

Less behind cover initiations and robberies, more interesting hostile scenarios.

Edited by Banshee

Posted (edited)

I think the increase of reports corresponding to poor RP and rule breaks also is a large issue at this time. In the last 3 days I have met two +5 member groups, two groups of 2 and three solo players,(I role as a solo usually) of those only the solo players had bad RP, two of them even OOC voice chatting.  I think making a self explaining rule video, YouTube probably being the best bet would really make it easy to remember all the rules and properly role play with them. 😁 

On 4/7/2019 at 12:31 AM, Roland said:

We had a trade post with safe zone in 0.62. It solved the staying forever issue by having it being on a timer, some hours it would be a open with trading post and safe zone, others just a normal area. Nobody visited it much tho, perhaps because of the location up north. I don't think there's a need for such a Hotspot anymore now that we have base building. 

Base defense and raiding is completely broken at this stage though, once that is fixed we may see more active group "trading zones" or shops. At this time I can't see anyone doing that as they get offline raided too frequently.

Edited by Colman

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Colman
Accident

My recent interactions in the server recently have been majority hostile attacks. I get rushed by a group of people they initiate attack and I am dead and have to spend the next few hours re gearing. It has kinda felt like public hive dayz with extra steps. Hostiles are doing the bare minimum to not catch a report and then gunning you down to end the engagement. I understand the need for hostile people and groups to make things more fun and interesting and realistic but bumrushing people holding them up and gunning them down isn't fun for anyone involved except the ones who gun everyone down and now dont have to search for their loot. I agree with the person who said less hiding and initiating. Make things more exciting and interesting for all involved. It is RP so keep in mind there are others involved who deserve to get some kind of fun out of it. 

50 minutes ago, hypothermia90811 said:

My recent interactions in the server recently have been majority hostile attacks. I get rushed by a group of people they initiate attack and I am dead and have to spend the next few hours re gearing. It has kinda felt like public hive dayz with extra steps. Hostiles are doing the bare minimum to not catch a report and then gunning you down to end the engagement. I understand the need for hostile people and groups to make things more fun and interesting and realistic but bumrushing people holding them up and gunning them down isn't fun for anyone involved except the ones who gun everyone down and now dont have to search for their loot. I agree with the person who said less hiding and initiating. Make things more exciting and interesting for all involved. It is RP so keep in mind there are others involved who deserve to get some kind of fun out of it. 

Report such people if you think they deserve it. Such people need to know how to enjoy the game with others and follow the rules. And not be a hypocrite. 

50 minutes ago, Horse said:

Report such people if you think they deserve it. Such people need to know how to enjoy the game with others and follow the rules. And not be a hypocrite. 

I don't find a reason to report people unless they are truely breaking big rules like duping gear and such because from past experiences on other servers it seems things get swept under the rug. NOT SAYING THIS STAFF TEAM DOES IT . Just saying i dont see the point in it. Its still a game and taking the time to file the report takes away from my play time.

9 minutes ago, hypothermia90811 said:

I don't find a reason to report people unless they are truely breaking

rules like duping gear and such because from past experiences on other servers it seems things get swept under the rug. NOT SAYING THIS STAFF TEAM DOES IT . Just saying i dont see the point in it. Its still a game and taking the time to file the report takes away from my play time.

10 minutes ago, hypothermia90811 said:

I don't find a reason to report people unless they are truely breaking big rules

Trust me this community has never had a problem punishing those who break the rules, get them on video with audio, for the entirety of their role play with you. Many people record just in case somethings happens. It's an easy way to catch rule breaks and make reports easier on staff. 😁

Posted (edited)

Just a simple point of view I have had great RP moments on the server I met random people and we made a small camp and had some epic RP moments no one was on discord etc. But the rules have really changed since ive been back people running around saying the N word which should not be allowed in my opinion. People making massive RP areas the RP needs to be more spread out. That is really killing the server RP should be at most regions but it always seems to be in 1 place.

Edited by Md6199

49 minutes ago, Md6199 said:

Just a simple point of view I have had great RP moments on the server I met random people and we made a small camp and had some epic RP moments no one was on discord etc. But the rules have really changed since ive been back people running around saying the N word which should not be allowed in my opinion. People making massive RP areas the RP needs to be more spread out. That is really killing the server RP should be at most regions but it always seems to be in 1 place.

I also think that most randoms are afraid to roleplay with other randoms. I was in game just yesterday and I had a couple interactions (which is all of them yesterday) when I saw someone, even waved at them but they simply looked at me and ran away. This is also what's sort of kills any enjoyment. From my point of view people are afraid to RP with randoms these days if they're alone. They rather RP within their groups/closed circles and interact with randoms/other groups when they're with someone else. Which is kind of understandable since its apocalypse and most people won't trust strangers but it also makes Nomad/Lone Wolf RP kind of boring, especially to people that prefer that kind of playstyle.

Honestly DayZRP is becoming PvPRP oriented and it bugs me and a lot of others I play with/know.

We're just all increasingly annoyed at the amount of pure bandit groups that provide little to no RP, or just see an automatic and hoard it from someone who has no hostile intentions. Don't get me wrong, it's not an entirely bad thing to have people out and about with bad intentions since.. you know, its the Apocalypse for gods sakes, but its just become more gear oriented and more "I want to disarm everybody" oriented to the point anyone with peaceful intentions hides or just regrets coming in contact with anyone. It's become a survival tactic to hide your good guns or you'll get robbed, or use them and hope to the DayZ gods that you kill who confronts you, because it'll be almost everyone you come across.

I for one would like to see more RP and less "put your hands up, I'm taking everything" and then them running off.

8 minutes ago, Musty Cheeto said:

Honestly DayZRP is becoming PvPRP oriented and it bugs me and a lot of others I play with/know.

We're just all increasingly annoyed at the amount of pure bandit groups that provide little to no RP, or just see an automatic and hoard it from someone who has no hostile intentions. Don't get me wrong, it's not an entirely bad thing to have people out and about with bad intentions since.. you know, its the Apocalypse for gods sakes, but its just become more gear oriented and more "I want to disarm everybody" oriented to the point anyone with peaceful intentions hides or just regrets coming in contact with anyone. It's become a survival tactic to hide your good guns or you'll get robbed, or use them and hope to the DayZ gods that you kill who confronts you, because it'll be almost everyone you come across.

I for one would like to see more RP and less "put your hands up, I'm taking everything" and then them running off.

This ^ and always this. It shows especially with what happens currently in the Northern part of the map. I've been traveling all over there and seen a couple of relatively peaceful settlements that in the span of a week or two became deserted because of hostilities. It's the same thing over and over again. There is an abundance of hostile/bandit groups on the server but whenever a neutral/peaceful/hero group appears and makes its presence known, they instantly become a target of hostile group/s. In the end it ends with "victim" group either running away and eventually repeating whole cycle or archiving which results in yet again another situation where the only groups on the server are mostly hostile oriented. I agree with you, its apocalypse so obviously there are bound to be hostiles here and there but what's wrong in the current situation is that some hostile groups are so persistent in their attacks against some groups that it makes it impossible/unenjoyable to even perform any other types of RP except for hostile RP. At least that's how I see it.

Hey!! Who needs doctors right? Easy frags and little resistance. Hiding is more rewarding than staying put at one place.

Issue is to many bandit groups I never remember even in Anarchy’s days there being so many robberies.

More like DayzPVP sometimes instead of DayzRP. Getting initiated on 24/7 is kinda boring a 2 hour siege or a 6 hour camping of your base waiting for you to log in to get RDM is boring and crap RP

A lot of groups I find have been initiating out of sheer boredom and hoping for a firefight.

At the same time, it's an RP server, there's plenty of other servers I know where they could get the same thrill of PvP if they seek it but they don't.

I do hope future hostile encounters are more fruitful and not just purely taking gear and rping for an x amount of time just to loophole around the "You must provide RP for your hostage" rule.

Truthfully, I am concerned about how hostile groups act towards others. I want to play as a medic but it is an annoying thought that everytime I get robbed, theyll likely take all of my stuff. That will force me to go look for an adequate amount of medical supplies in order to continue the RP which is a very unappealimg endeavor. Granted, this hasnt actually happened yet, will start diving in in like a week.

6 minutes ago, Edgar_Toro said:

Truthfully, I am concerned about how hostile groups act towards others. I want to play as a medic but it is an annoying thought that everytime I get robbed, theyll likely take all of my stuff. That will force me to go look for an adequate amount of medical supplies in order to continue the RP which is a very unappealimg endeavor. Granted, this hasnt actually happened yet, will start diving in in like a week.

You won't lose all your medical stuff. Mostly guns and ammo. I went around as a doctor for months, and in all of the cases the large experienced PVP groups robbed me I was generally left mostly intact in terms of 'equipment'. Health and IC moral being something completely different.

The only time I got robbed of everything was by newer players that didn't really understand that this isn't a place to do the 'take your clothes off' kind of robbery.