Server time: 2019-04-20, 07:19
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 40 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Jasper

People Hiding Is Killing The Server...

What needs to happen  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly I want to vote for literally all of these options. Things are getting so boring. Getting on at peak times and then walking around the map for 3+ hours at a time to find one or two people is so mind numbing dude, I just want to play the game and have fun with my friends and we're at a point that it's basically impossible.

Yeah, all I want to do is at least find people to talk to. Contrary to popular belief, we actually don't rob everybody we come across. If it feels right, we go for it. But at this point, we've literally been travelling the very north part of the map, the very west (yes, next to debug), and the very south and have found so few people that it doesn't even feel worth getting in game.

And the shitty thing is, I actually want to play. Not just to get off final warning, but RP in dayz is my favorite RP. I legitimately want to play, but I don't want to waste hours upon fucking hours to try to find a few people.

People hiding is literally killing the server. The server has been full or close to it, and we still can't find anybody. New people don't know where to go for RP already, so this only makes it even harder for them to find people to RP with. How is someone who just joined the server expected to want to stay in the community if they literally cannot find anybody else? Something definitely needs to change, and I personally think it's just up to us players to create different groups. I don't think staff enforcing some new rule or cap on groups is the way to go about it either, as that just stifles creativity. 

I’ve noticed this. With the resurgence and base building a patch or so ago and cars not being so fucking wonky-tonky on most days, people have really spread out. This is not a bad thing but not truely a good thing either. When any player has to search for literal hours to find anyone to rp with while casually strolling through usually high populated areas, something is wrong.

i just wanna see where people are actually going because when the server is full and you’ve scoured literally half the map, you really start to wonder where the fuck people are going.

Yeah yall need to stop hiding and RPing with yourselves and come out and play

Just now, Zero said:

No offense, but when most of the hostile groups only offer RP that consists of robbing, beating people up, then telling them to scram afterwards. People don't want to participate in that and I don't blame them. You can only do that so many times before that shit gets boring, people have said they were robbed three times within one play session. Offer more interesting RP and the people will come. I don't mind being robbed, but if that's the only hostile RP you have to offer, I will decline to go to popular areas and instead will RP with my group instead.

The issue and point of this thread is that they CANT offer "better" RP if there's nobody to RP with my man. I deadass found two people today. One two days before that. What am I meant to do? And that's neither here nor there, I am not really playing hostile lately unless hired to do so. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

Yeah yall need to stop hiding and RPing with yourselves and come out and play

I'm not a stranger to participating and even doing hostile RP. Granted most of my hostile RP was through the idea of mercenary type RP, but I've also done bandit type things. Offer some more interesting alternatives that don't always end with me being stripped down and I will like to participate. Last hostile RP encounter I had that I enjoyed was @Wong and @Blitz strong arming me into being their soldier when The House was still active.  

Edited by Zero

Just now, Zero said:

I'm not stranger to participating and even doing hostile RP. Granted most of my hostile RP was through the idea of mercenary type RP, but I've also done bandit type things. Offer some more interesting alternatives that don't always end with me being stripped down and I will like to participate. Last hostile RP encounter I had that I enjoyed was @Wong and @Blitz strong arming me into being their soldier when The House was still active.  

i never said anything about hostile RP. I just want some friends to play my guitar with

Just now, Zero said:

I'm not stranger to participating and even doing hostile RP. Granted most of my hostile RP was through the idea of mercenary type RP, but I've also done bandit type things. Offer some more interesting alternatives that don't always end with me being stripped down and I will like to participate. Last hostile RP encounter I had that I enjoyed was @Wong and @Blitz strong arming me into being their soldier when The House was still active.  

That's not answering my question though. The issue isn't that i'm hypothetically incapable of providing engaging hostile RP or am against that, the issue is that there's nobody to do it to/with. Literally in 10 hours of playtime i've met 5 people. That's insane. And i've traveled constantly during that time spent. 

Tbh if you play on an RP server and you only prioritize your RP over everyone hiding away far far where ever is dumb asfk.

Posted (edited)

I have been running around up north , south and west the times I have been playing and I barely bump into anyone .

I have to migrate to popular settlements ( when they were a thing ) like Kab or Novy and I don’t want to sound like a dickhead but most of the time in these settlements are ether boring asf even with a lot of people or just outright troll with their mates . Just puts me off rping to a whole , I legit ran around up north for about 2 hours found no one and logged off depressed thinking it was a waste of time .

But was a suggestion to stop this hiding thing is hostile groups having wars with one another , other than restricting civs with weapon law #200 . Let’s the civs have fun and the hostile rpers , win win imo . ( Don’t know what’s actually going in game atm , so if the last part is actually happening ignore plz)

Edited by Saints
Phone so bad grammar

Just now, Eagle said:

Tbh if you play on an RP server and you only prioritize your RP over everyone hiding away far far where ever is dumb asfk.

Correct. It's not even a "campfire RP" mindset. If you're hiding and just internal RPing with people in a corner to avoid any outside influence on you, your character, and your planned story, it's just selfish in my eyes. It's perfectly allowed, sure, but that doesn't mean it's good RP and not selfish. 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I’ve noticed this. With the resurgence and base building a patch or so ago and cars not being so fucking wonky-tonky on most days, people have really spread out. This is not a bad thing but not truely a good thing either. When any player has to search for literal hours to find anyone to rp with while casually strolling through usually high populated areas, something is wrong.

i just wanna see where people are actually going because when the server is full and you’ve scoured literally half the map, you really start to wonder where the fuck people are going.

i agree that the server is quite "wonky tonky" at this time, it needs a fix.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jasper said:

That's not answering my question though. The issue isn't that i'm hypothetically incapable of providing engaging hostile RP or am against that, the issue is that there's nobody to do it to/with. Literally in 10 hours of playtime i've met 5 people. That's insane. And i've traveled constantly during that time spent. 

Well reading through your post a second time you've said you've run all over the triangle areas. That's probably the issue. The highway North of NWAF has become part of the triangle due to proximity, and GM has always been in that little bubble. My reason for moving away from people is the same as others listed. They don't want to be in the middle of a warzone. Kab for instance, initiations almost every 1-2 hours, people just being robbed by hostile groups so they can go initiate on their enemies with the guns they stole. It is, or was an endless cycle. Those are my issues and issues other people have had. Also, I don't care if someone comes and finds me and RPs with me, I just don't want to be in the middle of a war all the time. I don't care if someone comes and robs me, or forces me to do something.

Edited by Zero

I hear ''People at Kamenka'' I run to Kamenka, no one there. ''People at Kabanino'' I run to Kabanino, no one there. ''People at Novaya'' I run to Novaya, no one there.

I mean, people have clearly been to these places and stayed, trying to build or do something, but why did they leave? Where did they go? Is it because of the amount of hostile RP? 

-It is turning into a running simulator and that's not fun when you have 1400 nails on you.

Just now, Zero said:

Well reading through your post a second time you've said you've run all over the triangle areas. That's probably the issue. The highway North of NWAF has become part of the triangle due to proximity, and GM has always been in that little bubble. My reason for moving away from people is the same as others listed. They don't want to be in the middle of a warzone. Kab for instance, initiations almost every 1-2 hours, people just being robbed by hostile groups so they can go initiate on their enemies with the guns they stole. It is, or was an endless cycle. Those are my issues and issues other people have had. 

Today I ran across all the major towns in the northern highway, Tisy, NWAF, The triangle, Pogorevka, GM, Myshkino and Zeleno, and all the way down to the coast. I found two people. 

I can agree with this too. I had a car, and I still barely could find more than a handful of people in the several kilometers I traveled. Usually I'd expect like 30-40 people, or 5-6 encounters a day. I lately have been getting less.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Today I ran across all the major towns in the northern highway, Tisy, NWAF, The triangle, Pogorevka, GM, Myshkino and Zeleno, and all the way down to the coast. I found two people. 

Those areas are connected to the triangle or lead through those areas in some form. I know there are people far East, far West, and far North. People got away from those areas you listed for a reason. Try Stary Yar, Svetlojarsk, and the summer camp on the West edge of the map.

Edited by Zero

Im one of the people thats guilty of building a base a bit out of the way of the main bit of player traffic, but then again seeing as there isnt a lot of traffic anymore I guess thats kinda moot, aint it?

Anyways, I recently finished my little home but the thing is that Ive been openly inviting certain groups to hang out in my area if theyd like, and several other people know of it too. Im kinda hoping to eventually make it a sort of a mini hot-spot if that makes any sense. 

But when I do venture out to find stuff or people, which is decently often, Ive noticed that there arent a whole lot of people around too. I ran into ONE guy today over at Tisy and from there all I heard was distant gunshots in various directions. Im hoping my little area can get pretty popular but im worried about some people turning it into a PvP hub. Still, though, cant hurt to try I guess. Especially since we have base building/destruction logs again. 

As for WHY its happening and a solution, I believe the sheer amount of hostile groups might have something to do with it. The  hostile RP Ive had recently has been good, though. And the only time Ive been 'taken hostage' in the past few weeks was fun and enjoyable thanks to the Jackals. 
Im sure some of the currently hostile groups could tone down their hostilities, at least for a little while and we can see how it goes.

Posted (edited)

Dont worry guys, Puncture is on the case. Hero group is in the works

I will free the roleplayers from their hobbit holes 

Edited by Puncture

Piling on to the points of a few others here,

Base building has spread out the RP significantly, and people are rightly scared that looters will strip them of everything they have. 

Personally, I'd like it if more neutral/good groups sprung up, or if hostile groups started being selective on their initiations, (there all plenty of ways to get on of a situation with Kamenici, unless you're Russian )

Also, the collapse of the big cities like Kab, Novaya, etc.. has made it a lot harder to just go somewhere for guaranteed RP. 

I'd like to hear what some active non-hostileRPers have been up to recently? How does your usual DayZRP session go?

in my own word theres too much hostile rp going on we need to be able to breath and be able to have good rp going on

Just now, Veryniceperson said:

I'd like to hear what some active non-hostileRPers have been up to recently? How does your usual DayZRP session go?

Above tisy and on the mountain above svet is where I've found roleplayers. I dont blame them for doing it due to multiple hostile groups controlling the triangle.