Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 01:28
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin_Khem

Watchtower Build

I can build the foundation, and I have my four logs in place but it wont let me go any further then that. What do I need exactly because when I hover over the center with a hammer is just tells me to destroy the base.

You need to put nails and planks at the front, and it should give you the option to "Build Roof", then you want to add more nails and planks and it should say "Build Stairs".

How many do I attach to it? I also can't see the slots like you would normally see on a fence.

The only way to put building material on watchtowers is by taking them in your hand and looking at which side of the watchtower you wish to build. You should get a prompt saying "attach". Click and then build like you would a regular fence. For roofs/stairs, look for the "back" slot.

Posted (edited)

=Trent's Guide on How to Build a Watchtower=

-Supplies Required-

Spoiler

• 1 Hammer
  • 1 Hatchet/Axe
  • 1 Shovel
  • 1 Rope + 5 Sticks (To create watchtower kit)
  • 1 Hacksaw (or ∞ Planks prepped already)
  • 1 Set of Pilers
  • 1 Crowbar (If you screw up, and need to deconstruct while salvaging the used supplies)
  • ∞ Planks
  • ∞ Metal Sheet (May be created by gathering scrap metal crafted with Hammer. Requires scrapping metal objects with hammer.)
  • ∞ Nails
  • ∞ Sharpening Stone (or Ducttape) for repairing your tools. Don't let them break!

- Step by Step Process-

Spoiler

Start by;

1. Cut a two bushes and gather split the Long Wooden Stick into smaller sticks, then take a rope and the 5 sticks to create a Watchtower Kit.
  2. Place the Watchtower Kit the where you want it. (Pro Tip: Use mouse-wheel to rotate the placement. Other methods possible too, just ask me.)
  3. Cut down four trees, to be provided 4 Wooden Logs (posts). Then attach to the center.
  4. Take your shovel and dig up.

You now have the foundation finished. Unto the next floor!

1. Gather ∞ Nails, then ∞ Planks and then attach to center, use your hammer/hatchet to Build floor.
  2. Same process, but this time Build Stairs.

You now can access the next floor!

1.  Cut down another four trees, to be provided 4 Wooden Logs (posts). Then attach to the center.
  2. Use your hammer/hatchet to Build Floor

You now may build the walls of the WatchTower!

• Use you hammer/hatchet to setup wall frames with ∞ Planks & ∞ Nails, then finish upgrading them with either ∞ Planks or ∞ Metal Sheet, requires additional ∞ Nails.

Once you're done, and gotten to the last floor, Build a Roof the same way you built the floors, however, you will need ∞ Metal Sheet as well.

Edited by CamoRP

I figured it out thanks for the help, only problem is it wont build the roof. It does the animation but the roof doesn't show up.

5 minutes ago, Kevin_Khem said:

I figured it out thanks for the help, only problem is it wont build the roof. It does the animation but the roof doesn't show up.

Just be aware, even the slightly collission to an invisible wall or an visible object will cause the current building construction to not upgrade.

For example, if you place a fence between a bush, you won't be able to build a frame or upgrade until the bush is cut out of the way.

Posted (edited)

Might be clipping with something, means you will have to deconstruct it and place it again away from other objects (What Camo said)

Edited by DaRsnn

Or is it because I don't have all my walls build? lol sorry probably should've done that first.

3 minutes ago, Kevin_Khem said:

Or is it because I don't have all my walls build? lol sorry probably should've done that first.

No. I always build walls last, just to make sure I can build all the components incase of collission issues. Just make sure each floor is build and has wooden posts upgraded to the floor.