Server time: 2019-04-22, 13:34
deserteagles72

How suggestions are handled

Hello devs. Recently with the showcase of the AUG and the Deagle 357, I had 2 questions relating to what makes it into the mod and what doesn't.

1. Weapon suggestions, I had thought it used to be based on animations and the lack of good animations made a weapon unable to be added. However with the bulpup design of the AUG and the usage of the MP5K animations for it, that begs the question, are weapons being added based on being immersive or some other reason? I love the work that's being done though, would just like to see more into yalls thoughts of suggestions <3

2. Recently I've also seen some suggestions for big engine changes that obviously cant be done and certain clothing that cant be added because the dayz characters are dumb and all that. So what cant be added in dayz that isnt so obvious? A bit of a fun question if you think a bit about it. Also so that there is less dumb questions from yours truly in the future

1. I added the weapons you see because they were easy to do and took me about an hour tops to do.. they were requested and i had already made another version of this before so figured id just add it onto... Weapons getting added are down to animations.. the weapons that are added by the MoreGuns mod were likely Made to fit the current animations.. doing weapons that wont fit onto the current animations isn't viable.. Most of the time guns being added are for fun IMO, we had same RP with just the M4 and AK for automatic weapons.. its being added to improve game-play (Fun) and sometimes Immersion as well when it comes to AK variants and guns that fit into the country of Chernarus.

2. We cant do Custom Animations so because of this fact, we cant actually add new clothing that works with the current animations.. Glasses, hats, shoes, masks and a few more i think don't use animations so we can add things like this. Another thing is changing literal base code, Example of common suggestion : rotating items in your inventory like Escape from Tarkov.. this is a core thing which i highly doubt and have been told i cant be done..

- That's all i know really, i'm sure someone like @Aeryes would be better to answer or @Roland / @JimRP🙂

1. Watchman answered and pretty much that is the reason.

2. There are things we can and can’t do. It depends on what that is, really. The reason we can’t add new shirts, pants, and shoes is because we have no way of really knowing how it is done. Yes, we know how, but we don’t “have an example of how to implement them (and its probably not worth the time to figure it out)”. Generally, if we can’t do it we will try our best to tell you that. 

To put it simply, if we see something we can do, we will more than likely attempt to put it in. If we see something we can't do at the current moment, we will put it aside and wait for the day that we can do it.

(I've been annoying people at BI for animations and samples)

Quoting the man himself @Aeryes

Aeryes :

"The way suggestions are handled is usually on a majority basis. I feel like this differs for each Dev but I usually go for a 70% approval. If the suggestion has a 70% approval and it is doable, then I will try to make it happen. The big issue however, is that some things that we think we can do, end up been too difficult. So not every suggestion we try to implement actually makes the cut."