Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 04:19
Sign in to follow this  
Aron73

Where is all the loot?

Hi all!

Am I the only one that has a hard time finding military grade weapons right now?
I'm suspecting someone is hoarding them or something is wrong with the loot table.

So if someone is hoarding maybe its time for a server wipe.

There is no hard cap on "Military Grade" weapons in the loot table - considering there's usually an abundance of UMP's an SKS's at all the mil bases i've passed - fully fledged assault rifles are a rarity due to everyone wanting one, and picking it up when they can. You just got unlucky on your loot run my friend.

I have not found any weapons above the UMP and SKS since the second day of the February update release, the best thing for getting gear is to rob other people for it, currently most of the automatics are held by other members, once they die/lose the gun, it gets recycled into the loot table, however you have to be quick to catch these as they are usually snatched up pretty fast.

ok good to know the last thing I want now is a server wipe. I literally have gone through 5 military bases NWA and Tisy was two of them and did not find a UMP but ill keep looking

If you just find an M4 or AK laying around it won't be long before someone else is trying to take it from you. You gotta go get dirty if you want that sweet loot. Remember, the best gear is on the bodies

Just rob someone for their military weapons if you cant live without them. solves all my problems 😄 
I mean I've been in firefights with an SKS before tho which works fine for me 😉 

Well my char is a good guy and atm he doesn't need an assault rifle but he likes the UMP as a 2nd and usually rocks the SKS as a primary

It’s getting silly, I haven’t seen an AK at a natural spawn in weeks. I still wanna play a game, I really hope something will be done to make higher tier guns more common.

9 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

No one can find assault rifles, meanwhile somewhere in Chernarus...

yXO1w1B.jpg

LOL

18 minutes ago, Squillium said:

It’s getting silly, I haven’t seen an AK at a natural spawn in weeks. I still wanna play a game, I really hope something will be done to make higher tier guns more common.

AKs natural spawn is in the ALICE backpack of a supersoldier and it comes with a free engraving of "to sgt. John from grandpa"

You gotta robb people or loot a mili base right after restart

People hoard alot 

Its so easy to hide loot nowdays

People hoard alot

I am all for wipes. I mean, the base building too. I wander into Novaya for instance and my frames just plummet, which is a nightmare if you get aggro. 

Play around the other guns, why does everyone and their mother have to have  a m4? The dev team in general feel that we would like to make it even more rare and harder to both loot and survive but people these days are all about military gear.

3 minutes ago, Misho said:

Play around the other guns, why does everyone and their mother have to have  a m4? The dev team in general feel that we would like to make it even more rare and harder to both loot and survive but people these days are all about military gear.

Not just a m4, an AK, an AWM, a M1A, a M16, and any other gun that big groups are able to horde while most of us can’t even find one. The dev team can feel however they want but I’d actually like to be able to use all these modded in guns at some point. The survival aspect is fine right now, zombies are a pain in the ass while you actually have to worry about food and drink. Don’t make it so we have to use shit guns when the entire lifespan of DayZ there was no problem finding good ones.

10 minutes ago, Misho said:

I have only ever seen the M1A Socom spawn, out of all the new guns. 

I am all for things being harder though. Its far too easy as it is for people to 'gear up', if it were harder they might take their lives more seriously.

I don't know, I don't even own or look for assault rifles, but in the recent days I found 2 SCARs, 1 AKM and an SVD, so they can't be that rare. What I'm really looking for right now is a good pair of assault boots and I haven't seen a pair in 4 days.

6 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Not just a m4, an AK, an AWM, a M1A, a M16, and any other gun that big groups are able to horde while most of us can’t even find one. The dev team can feel however they want but I’d actually like to be able to use all these modded in guns at some point. The survival aspect is fine right now, zombies are a pain in the ass while you actually have to worry about food and drink. Don’t make it so we have to use shit guns when the entire lifespan of DayZ there was no problem finding good ones.

If we are to fix this then we need to remove stashes, barrels and all other things used to store loot, making the game even less complex than it is now. Or frequently wipe everyone's inventory, how much would you like that ?

This is a problem that exists on a closed hive server like DayZRP and it's something the community has to work out themselves, even if you can hoard, it doesn't mean you have to. It's not something we should have to balance again and again, spending resources on a thing that some people like and others dislike.

I'm sorry that you feel that you can't play with all the guns but it's an RP server and in reality you wouldn't be able to either, as someone up top said, get a low tier gun and surprise rob someone with a gun you want.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Misho said:

- Snip. -

*Pets Misho.* Shh, shh. It's okay...

Stop upsetting the Devs! Go rob some weirdos for their M4s or what have you, people are gonna stash and people are gonna hide their best guns so either you rob someone who has one or use a old gun. If we decide to suddenly start wiping stashes and whatnot you KNOW people will bitch, so figure it out in RP or get ready for the QQs of "wah, you wiped my stash now I don't have my 40 rounds and SVD hidden and unused anymore!" 

Edited by Brayces

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Misho said:

If we are to fix this then we need to remove stashes, barrels and all other things used to store loot, making the game even less complex than it is now. Or frequently wipe everyone's inventory, how much would you like that ?

This is a problem that exists on a closed hive server like DayZRP and it's something the community has to work out themselves, even if you can hoard, it doesn't mean you have to. It's not something we should have to balance again and again, spending resources on a thing that some people like and others dislike.

I'm sorry that you feel that you can't play with all the guns but it's an RP server and in reality you wouldn't be able to either, as someone up top said, get a low tier gun and surprise rob someone with a gun you want.

Calling in @Aeryes as I believe it was stated the other day that spawn rates aren’t effected by stashes. (If I’m wrong or interpreted it wrong my bad) The “it’s an RP server” excuse is lazy, and playing on other non-RP private hive servers since 1.0 I haven’t had a hard time finding guns.

Edited by Squillium

6 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Calling in @Aeryes as I believe it was stated the other day that spawn rates aren’t effected by stashes. The “it’s an RP server” excuse is lazy, and playing on other non-RP private hive servers since 1.0 I haven’t had a hard time finding guns.

You're free to join the modteam and make your case to the bossman, who is the one that did the weapons spawns for the current patch. And yes, stashes do affect weapons same as inventory and every other type of storage.

Lazy, alright man. You know what would be real lazy of me, removing all the new guns so you don't need to look for them at all 🙂

Also I want to add, other NONRP servers usually means people die more often, which in turn circulates the weapons more often. It's precisely because this is an RP server and all out PVP doesn't occur all the time that weapons are affected by the persistance the way they are, making them rare.

Posted (edited)

Again, I said this would happen when we were having a discussion about stashes.

Somewhere out there, somebody is stubborn enough to horde a shit ton of rifles in their 7 or 8, 48 hour stashes, that they visit every other day to refresh and prevent others from using.

Is it however as big of a problem as it was before?

No, instead of it being 15 rifles split between 100+ people we are looking at a definite increase.

Every other person I come across tends to carry one, sure it might be an AK instead of that sweet M16 I love so much, but hey, it's an AR.

As it stands, being a solo player you will hardly find them spawning naturally, they are pretty much all in circulation or stashed, so you gotta rob-rob-rob one of them or trade for one.

And y'all know I don't fuck with no trade shit.

Edited by Ducky

2 minutes ago, Misho said:

Lazy, alright man. You know what would be real lazy of me, removing all the new guns so you don't need to look for them at all 🙂

Might as well, for most of the server they virtually don’t exist. 

Look man, I’m not trying to flame you or piss you off, but I’ve been talking to a lot of different people lately and everyone just seems pretty upset they can’t find guns. All this is doing is widening the power gap between big groups and solo players who might not want to rob to get a decent firearm.

2 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Might as well, for most of the server they virtually don’t exist. 

Look man, I’m not trying to flame you or piss you off, but I’ve been talking to a lot of different people lately and everyone just seems pretty upset they can’t find guns. All this is doing is widening the power gap between big groups and solo players who might not want to rob to get a decent firearm.

But if you were to find a "decent" firearm, you'd get robbed by big groups for it, so what's the point really? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

But if you were to find a "decent" firearm, you'd get robbed by big groups for it, so what's the point really? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They wouldn’t feel the need to rob every single person with a decent gun if they weren’t so rare. Economies and whatnot.