Server time: 2019-04-21, 19:08
Geraldray08

Food and water deplenish time

Food & Water deplenish faster?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

I am curious to know what everyones opinion is on the food and water deplenish time? could we improve on it? make it slower? faster? 

Edited by xthegermx
Spelling

Definitely should be a lot slower.

It definitely could be slower. I spend all day sitting down by a fire and basically never sprint and even then I'm going through like 10 peppers and 10 tomatoes every hour or so. 

You should add 3rd option "No change" because so far I had no issue with hunger or thirst. I usually go about with eating one can of food (or 2-3 pieces of meat) every time I spent 2-4 irl hours in game. Same with thirst, only like 2-3 bottles which isn't an issue IMO.

I think doing what Tewudin said above me would be a good idea, adding a 3rd option for no change.

I personally want food and water to last you longer, but I think having all opinions available for this would be good. Gets a better feel for what the community wants. 

That being said, a lot of community members want things that make the game harder. I don’t really agree with that sentiment, I think the game can already be  challenging as is with how strong zombies are and how little damage they take from bullets now. Combine that with DayZ still being buggy, and the stamina system being a pain in the ass, and the game becomes even more of chore. 

I think it’s fine as it is. As long as you are not constantly running around and fighting your food doesn’t go down fast. I like it the way it is. 

What do you mean? Isn't it normal to drink 50 water bottles a day?

5 minutes ago, Mystery said:

What do you mean? Isn't it normal to drink 50 water bottles a day?

If you drink 50 water bottles a day then there is seriously something wrong with what you're doing. At best, I've used no more than a dozen bottles a single day and I wasn't even sprinting that much if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, Tewudin said:

If you drink 50 water bottles a day then there is seriously something wrong with what you're doing. At best, I've used no more than a dozen bottles a single day and I wasn't even sprinting that much if I remember correctly.

It was clearly meant as satire. But if you wanna go all serious and technical, my character drank 4 water bottles from Kamenka to Zelenogorsk and another 3-4 in Zelenogorsk before I logged off, that is properly going to be more than 50 a day.

Posted (edited)

I think it's fine the way it is. But if I had to choose, I would say it should be slower depletion of hunger/hydration stats.

Edited by CamoRP

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mystery said:

It was clearly meant as satire. But if you wanna go all serious and technical, my character drank 4 water bottles from Kamenka to Zelenogorsk and another 3-4 in Zelenogorsk before I logged off, that is properly going to be more than 50 a day.

I never catch up on satires, that's probably why. On last note though: You also have to take into account how much weight you're carring. Obviously the more stuff your character is carring, the more often he or she is going to need to drink and/or eat.

Edited by Tewudin
Grammar + wrong word used

Slower 100 percent, I should not have to drink that much god damn water, I am sorry you would drown yourself with the amount of water we got to drink in game .

Posted (edited)

I think the votes go to show but yes you lose food and water super fast, I agree to make it slower.

Edited by ScarRP

I'd say slower, but also the amount of food spawning could be reduced greatly. Going to be more dependent on hunting and farming. Afterall, 2 years into apocalypse.

Didn't vote because there is not middle ground option. /shrug

Food/ water is fine right now, don't get sick, don't sprint everywhere otherwise you'd obviously start to be thirsty.

Posted (edited)

Please make it slower, it is such a hassle to eat and drink every 5-10 minutes.

Edited by Clarence

I don't think it needs to be changed tbh, I do a lot of running and its only ever my water that runs down, but then almost every town has a well so I have no issues with maintaining it.

It needs to be slower or food and drink needs to fill up the meter more.

on red hunger you need to eat quite abit to get it full and recently on the server food spawning on the infected seems to be a rare occasion compared to when the server first introduced the new mod patch. Or maybe the loot tables have got abit funky but a majority of the time infected have nothing. Me and my group cleared out a town the other night and only found 1 can of tuna that couldnt be opened.

Posted (edited)

Not going to vote as I don't think it needs to be tempered with. It seems balanced in its current state, I've never had any problem keeping myself fed and hydrated. There's plenty of food around, especially if you dispatch some infected, they very often have food cans on them.

Edited by OldSchool

Slower please along with double stamina I'm here to play a game not a walking sim.

10 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Slower please along with double stamina I'm here to play a game not a walking sim.

Welllll... we are stuck with the walking sim.... BUT doesn't mean it has to be as much of a pain in the ass. +1 for slower and double stamina!

The poll would've made more sense if it had "No change" as a option as well, because personally I feel like it's fine the way it currently is. Food (and water) is still pretty abundant and it doesn't tick down that fast if you're not sprinting 24/7 (which you can't do anyway, because stamina). That said, if people get the double stamina pushed through, it'd probably make sense to tweak the food/water drainage a little to balance it out.

But for now, I don't see any reason to have it changed in its current state.

For once I'll try and write something a bit more compact.  No change, please. It's as good as it is, if you're planning a long trip.  Stack up on water and drink yourself full with ^^^ arrows  ->  Same with food.

Posted (edited)

Well personally I think the water level can stay the same, but hunger should be slower. Especially when the new update will arrive with less canned food and more animals. (can't wait for that to be pushed into the mod)! 

So I didn't vote.

Edited by Horse