Server time: 2019-04-21, 15:11
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 hour, 48 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Bevis

Reika Skògur

Posted (edited)

Untitled-3.png.d5c70c6ddcec0bf335b237f85e17bdb7.png
Rough Translation - Nomads of the Forest

Spoiler

Click play, adjust your volume, read, and enjoy.

lore.png.5f3aec7addd4ff8edbf1cc8a7979c9a7.png

The story of Reika Skògur starts with a lone nomad by the name of Aiden Walsh. Aiden was always the quiet solitary type, he generally kept to himself. Once the infection stuck and Aiden found himself trapped in the South Zagoria region, Aiden was quick to adopt a life in the forests and mountains. Avoiding town and cities and only venturing away from his camp to hunt animals for food and to gather water.

One day after months alone in the wilderness, Aidens camp was discovered by a group of locals who weren't interested in being friends. Aiden had heard them coming from a distance and took off running through the trees. Unfortunately for Aiden, the bandits had already spotted him and began chasing him. After about a hundred meters of running one of the bandits fired a shot from his rifle which hit Aiden in the leg. Tumbling to a halt Aiden clutched the bleeding wound and slid into a burrow formed by a fallen tree. Hiding and trying to be a quiet as he could Aiden ripped the sleeve off his shirt and tried to dress his wound. By a sheer stroke of luck, the bandits would end up running right past Aiden’s hiding spot and begin searching the nearby woods. Eventually, the group decided they weren’t going to find Aiden and left the area.  

Crawling out of the burrow and unable to hold weight on his left leg. Aiden used his knife to cut down a nearby sapling to fashion a makeshift crutch. Stumbling back to his camp to find it completely looted and razed. Wounded, defeated and hopeless Aiden sat in the dirt of his destroyed camp not knowing what to do. Eventually, Aiden was getting delirious from blood loss and he accepted his death. Aiden wrote a short message on some scrap paper in his native language (Icelandic) it read “Frá náttúrunni, í náttúrunni kemur ég aftur.” As Aiden signed the note he fell unconscious.

“Hey brother, hey we gotta move” Aiden was awoken by the voice of a man wearing U.S Military fatigues. “They’re coming back, I think they saw me coming up here”. Still dazed and shaky, Aiden mumbled incoherently and tried to stand but fell over from the pain. “Alright, buddy I guess we’re holding here then” the man pulled his sidearm from its holster and handed it to Aiden. “I’m going to go keep them busy. Don’t shoot me, I just saved your life”. Aiden nodded and stared at the pistol as the man picked up his rifle and disappeared into the woods. Aiden sat in silence for a moment before automatic gunfire broke out in the woods nearby. The chaos snapped Aiden back into reality and he cocked the pistol and began scanning the nearby forest. After a few minutes of gunfire, the wilderness settled in silence once again. Aiden through his cloudy vision saw a man climbing up the nearby bank and aimed the pistol. Shaking and terrified Aiden fired a shot at the figure, which hit the tree beside. “Woah Jesus fuck buddy, I said don’t shoot me”. Aiden let out a long sigh of relief as the voice was the same one that he awoke to.

“I'm Sean by the way” Sean says as he sits down beside Aiden. “Aiden” Aiden mumbles in a raspy dry voice. “Well, Aiden, you sound like shit. Here have some water” Sean reaches into his rucksack and slides out a canteen, unscrews the lid and hands it to Aiden. Aiden grabs the canteen and starts chugging down the water. “Easy there buddy, you were basically dead just a few minutes ago” Sean explained. Aiden choked down one more mouthful and handed the canteen back to Sean. “Wait a second did you?… I mean back there” Aiden shakily asked. “Of course they shot you and would have shot me, but they’re God's problem now” Sean answered and continued “We gotta move though, there are bound to be more on the way. How’s the leg?”. Aiden was quiet for a moment then replied “I- Uh, yea just need a crutch I can move” The two then packed up what they could, took the rifles off the dead bandits and headed North.

Along the way, while passing through a town Aiden and Sean heard yelling and gunfire coming from the other side of the town. Moving closer to investigate, taking a position in a 2 story building they could see 2 men trapped in a shop down the street fighting off infected. “We gotta help them” whispered Aiden. “Yeah, well there’s a lot of freaks out there” replied Sean. “I’ll cover from this window, and you watch the door downstairs” he continued. Aiden nodded and limped to a position by the front door. Upstairs Sean began opening fire on the infected down the road. Aiden shattered the window on the main floor with his pistol and began firing as well. After all the infected were dead the town sat in silence for about an hour. Finally, the two that were trapped originally came out of the shop and were yelling “Hello!?” “Anyone out here, thanks for the help!”. Sean replied from the second-floor window “Yea who are you two!?, get in here!” The two outside came running over to the house and introduced themselves. “I’m Eddie” said the first. “Slavoj, uuuh thanks again” continued the other.

The four eventually made it to the hills and dense forests of the North along with some scavengers they picked up along the way. The group decided to set up camp near a small settlement they discovered. One night around the campfire Aiden decided the group needed a name and he decided to go with Reika Skògur which means Nomads of the Forest in Icelandic. The group started a healthy farm of vegetables and spices and began trading with the nearby settlement. Keeping to themselves, Rekia Skògur strongly defends their territory, trades their food stock for what they need  and is always looking for more survivors needing sanctuary and purpose.

goals.png.0511bb108d8b1caba20548c49b6c8623.png

1.  Set up a strong and hidden base in the woodland of the North (Day 680)
2.  Set up a publicly known trade hub in the North (Day 725)
3.  Set up stashes around the general area of our base in case of raids (Day 725)
4.  Establish a foothold in the North through presence and group ally attempts (0/5 Day 725)
5.  Recruit more people to assist in defending the group and the group home (Indefinite)
6.  Train and send scavengers on scavenging missions across the map (Indefinite)
7.  Maintain a well-stocked food and weapons supply (Indefinite)

roster.png.987b6adb77766f468417d289d4ab88f7.png

The Bosses:
Aiden Walsh
Sean McCallahan

Security Sergeant:

Vacant

Scavenger:
Andrew Kyle Walden
Eddie Jameson

Security:
Corey Nines
Slavoj Milosevic

Commoner:
Hanna Heller

Kennedy Anderson

Traveler:
Mack Gruber

Edited by Bevis

Very Neat Graphics and Group Goals, Good Luck!

Glad to see so many new groups popping up.

Best of luck!

Graphics look good. @Challenger 

Good luck!

Best of luck with this!

good luck 🙂

Good luck with standing the attacks to comes. The people of Chernarus were never to fond of armies.

Best of luck!

More Foreign Dog Pigs pretending to be an "army of the people"..Pheh..

But no, in all seriousness, good luck with this group lads, it'll be nice to see what kind of dynamic you can bring to the server.

I like the 'in character' like backstory it was a good read.

What's the connection between the backstory and interesting choice of colours in the graphics, just wondering?

Best of luck lads.

Hmm, good luck I guess.

Posted (edited)

Good luck boys

Edited by Wong

Posted (edited)

@Ryan Shepherd Thanks for the support! To answer your question, most if not all of our group leads and members have characters [In game] that hail from Ireland, and [Out of Game] have Irish heritage. The colors are based off of the Irish flag because of that heritage and love for the country itself.

Sorry for the history lesson, just thought you may want to know.

Thanks again!
-Sean

Edited by Bevis

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the comments boys, we appreciate it!

Edited by Bevis

Goodluck with this group!

IRA and other terrorists groups arnt allowed on the server.

15 hours ago, Bevis said:

The group itself is based off of the Irish Provisional Army (or Irish Republican Army)

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 6:37 AM, Falk said:

IRA and other terrorists groups arnt allowed on the server.

It's not ACTUALLY based off of the IRA and we have no IRA beliefs or otherwise. We just use the color theme of Ireland because we're from there. Probably should've explained that further.

Edited by Bevis

9 minutes ago, Bevis said:

It's not ACTIALLY based off of the IRA and we have no IRA beliefs or otherwise. We just use the color theme of Ireland because we're from there. Probably should've explained that further.

You might want to revise your previous statement to @Ryan Shepherd if that's the case. Historically IRA type groups have been banned as per the owners wishes. So you need to make it clear it's not or it could be taken down.

Welcome our newest recruit @Lynch2512. Already showing great RP and has only spent a day with us. Good to have you here brother!

Our apologies for the edits, after contact with administrators we were made aware that the group idea and the group as a whole would have to be changed.
We are proud to unveil the finished product,

Reika Skògur

Best of luck! Do you guys take recruits. Would really fit my character as he turned into an traveler / scavanger.