Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 06:33
Sign in to follow this  
SoundWave

Sons of Silence | Recruitment: Active

Posted (edited)

Group Song 

Sheildandpheonix.png.ee126d3e9fa259038496dae4d5a1556e.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Darkness

What's your biggest fear?

Is it the emptiness you feel inside? Or maybe the growing knowledge that nothing you can do will save them?

-The last words heard by James Recal as his family was executed in the next room.-

Spoiler

The shots echoed through the settlement, a lone sound amidst the silent tears of those bound and gagged. Blood filled the dirt streets as heavily armed men paced between the lines of submitted people, occasionally kicking the ones whose fear and dread lead them shake violently. 

And you, what's your biggest fear?

Asher knelt, arms bound behind him a man, scared and brutally ugly approached him, smoking revolver swinging in the air with a sickening glee.

Hmm, no family? No true home? No... your fear, your fear is the simple silence of being alone. Isn't it? I think we'll leave this one to clean up our mess.

The man nodded his head with a sickening smile, and continued passed. Asher let a muffled scream out at the man casually gunned down five tied up civilians with a sickening laugh.

The Deafening Sound of Nothing

The smell of blood and gun powder was thick in the air. Asher still sat, bound and desecrated. The silence pushed upon what was once a bustling and happy settlement had forced Asher to realize that his world had ended not once, but twice.

Spoiler

As the sun crept over the horizon Asher watched it with tear stained cheeks. The pain subsided, leaving him numb. He was empty. Drained of hopes, aspirations, the will to live. Everything.

But as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight and he now saw the true cost of survival something within him forced him to his feet. He cut off the restraints on a piece of splintered wood nearby and begun his work. The thought of the  creatures soon finding the bodies of his former group made his stomach churn. He soon gathered the bodies, what was left of there fuel supply and set it a fire.

He stood atop a hill, chills coated his body as the icy breeze floated around him and bit through his meager clothes. He watched the smoke billowed and rose in the distance, slowly turning his life and friends into ashes.

From the Ashes

Help, please... We cant fight them. The guards are dead. The walls are breached. Please.

Spoiler

Asher chambered a round as he peered down his sights as his radio buzzed away. His cross-hair resting softly on the back of the gunman's head. As the bullet jumped from the barrel and cracked into the assailants head, blood splattered on the face of his confused companion. Second later, the startled companion also fell, blood pouring from his chest.

Yes! Whoever you are, please for the love of God don't stop.

Several more rounds penetrated the armed invaders, most of them scrambling for cover, not knowing where the shots came from.

I see an exit! Keep them distracted a little longer. Thank you. Thank. YOU.

Several civilians dashed from a building, escaping the settlements walls and running to freedom. Asher covering their retreat.

The Sons of Silence had made their first move against banditry. It would not, be their last.

Echos From the Past

Spoiler

The night was misty, swirls of moisture reflected the flickering yellows and reds of a small campfire. The crackle and popping of wood only over written by the  persistent screams of the undead rolling up the hills.

How did you meet them Asher? Your old group?

Asher sat, his hands resting on a polished rifle, staring into the embers with a lost look in his eyes.

They found me huddled under a bush, shaking and soaked with sweat. At first the children prodded at me wondering if I was still yet living. But soon after I remember the yell of a man ushering the kids away warning them of the infection. I later found out that is was a man by the name of James Recal. And those children where his. After looking over my body and noticing I had not been bit, he drug me to there shelter and nursed me back to health using antibiotics and half of the food they had on hand.. It was in those days that my hope in humanity was restored.

*6 Months Before*

James! I'm glad you're back.

The two men embraced and shared smiles as town gates shut behind them.

It's been to long Asher, far too long. Thing are getting worse out there you know? People have started to go hungry and fight each-other. I don't like how exposed we are here. We need more fighters, stronger walls, we need more.

James motioned with a wave of his hand at the town gates, pointing at the gaps and holes in the walls, perfectly matching the scraggly security force guarding them.

It's not just that either. On our last scouting mission we were tracked by some men in red ski masks. They had military guns and vehicles. We barley escaped and two of our men were taken. It's just not safe here anymore.

goals.png.6cac3ba074109485c99912e3b24071ed.png

IC 

Form Active Uniform: Completed: X Surgical Mask | Golden Armband

Scout location for our settlement (New Ember): Completed

Establish Full Farm: ETA Day 655

Acquire Working Vehicle: ETA Day 680

Further Allied Group Interests: ETA Day 660

Gather munitions to repel bandit groups: Ongoing

Keep the fight against bandits alive: Ongoing

OOC

Increase Active Member Count: Ongoing

Provide Solid Hero RP to the server: Ongoing

Improve and Finalize Group Lore: ETA Day 650

Gain Approved Group Status: Ongoing

Roster.png.85933c24cbae58dd52cfecaf1b4f31e7.png

The Circle

Circle.png.95d2778f224eca2583120f5ea74382cc.png

The Survivor

Asher Cross - @SoundWave

First Knight | High Guardian

First Knight Jory Carbone @Jory VanHorn

High Guardian Glen Skel @Grimmskel

The Sons

Knight | Guardian

Voidbringer | Ashbringer

New Blood | Scribe 

Mia Weaver @JHontz1917

Rowen Brown @Rowen6

Jake Sanders  @Jake Sanders

WIP  @Jomba Juice

Rank explanations

Knight, Voidbringer, and Newbloods are the sword of our organization. They strike out at our enemies and are out primary source of gear acquisition.

Guardians, Ashbringers. and Scribes serve as our Shield. They are the guards and police of our bases as well as the architects and medical staff.

Applications: @SoundWave

Spoiler

IG Name:

Brief Backstory:

What rank path you are seeking (Knight or Guardian):

*Rest is done IC*

Edited by SoundWave
Updated Roster and Group Goals

Fight the good fight gents. Hopefully you live to see next week. Good luck.

Good luck.

Goodluck

Good luck

Good luck!

Oooooh, anti-bandit group.  Good luck, top tip:   Get a phat looted bait person to walk on an open road while the rest of you wait in ambush and wait for the bandidos to come.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Ouromov said:

Oooooh, anti-bandit group.  Good luck, top tip:   Get a phat looted bait person to walk on an open road while the rest of you wait in ambush and wait for the bandidos to come.

Seems like you have experience, care to join? 😜

I've got some other things cooking, but never know.  If you get stuff going I might eventually ^^

2 hours ago, Ouromov said:

I've got some other things cooking, but never know.  If you get stuff going I might eventually ^^

Haha, well we're always open to new bloods.

Good luck. needs some graphics tho.

Your graphics must've been deleted from the "Drag files to here to attach" Section hence why this is occurring for everyone else on your group page

image.png.f5c7c944a4a3246291447ac8344b126c.png

Curious. Best of luck!

33 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Your graphics must've been deleted from the "Drag files to here to attach" Section hence why this is occurring for everyone else on your group page

image.png.f5c7c944a4a3246291447ac8344b126c.png

Thank you for the heads up! I'll fix it now, not sure how it happened though.

Just now, SoundWave said:

Thank you for the heads up! I'll fix it now, not sure how it happened though.

Delete all your images from the thread, put them in the drag files here to attach or choose files section and press the + button. Do not press the trashcan, as it deletes the image from the bar but will look like you have it on your page still when really it gives links.

3 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Delete all your images from the thread, put them in the drag files here to attach or choose files section and press the + button. Do not press the trashcan, as it deletes the image from the bar but will look like you have it on your page still when really it gives links.

Fixed. Thank you for the help!

40 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Good luck. needs some graphics tho.

Error when I went though and did one of my last edits, all fixed now though.

Best of luck lads!

Good luck guys!

You need to flesh out your lore a bit more, and you need SMART goals. Please correct this.

8 hours ago, Zanaan said:

You need to flesh out your lore a bit more, and you need SMART goals. Please correct this.

Will do!

Posted (edited)

We need some heroes up on here to fight all the nasties coming out of the woods.  Good luck to ya!

Edited by MR Pussywhipped

31 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

We need some heroes up on here to fight all the nasties coming out of tge woods.  Good luck to ya!

Hey i'm trying my best to rally who I can, thanks for the well wishes!

Welcome to all our new members

The Sons have completed two goals! 

Updating Roster and Goal listings.