Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:13
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Ethanorg

If someone yell's stop, and i do not, can they open fire?

Ethanorg    0

So I have a question.

Hypothetically

Say i'm driving along a road on the coast and am following orders by my clan were i have to pick members of my clan up and i won't have any room if i pick up survivors on the coast.

As i'm driving a survivor see's me coming up the coast and yell's "please stop the car" or "yo dude stop the car" in a non threatening manner, not ordering me to, but asking me to.

I do not stop because it goes against my orders, then the survivor begins to open fire on me.

whether at this point i get killed or not does the survivor have any rights to shoot at me since he didn't order me to, or say "stop the vehicle or i shall open fire". would this be considered KoS and a bannable offence?

Samson    0

No, they have to have a man made object or car blocking the road. they can't simply shoot you for not stopping if they don't have a clear road block.

Not really as he still gave you the order to stop the car and you did not. But most of the people who ask this way won't shoot the car. If someone really want to rob you, he must clearly state his intentions.

Ethanorg    0

No, they have to have a man made object or car blocking the road. they can't simply shoot you for not stopping if they don't have a clear road block.

Oh really, i thought that to shoot they'd have to say "stop or i'll shoot" and then if i didn't stop they could shoot

Bubbles    31

Samson    0

Oh really, i thought that to shoot they'd have to say "stop or i'll shoot" and then if i didn't stop they could shoot

You need to have the road blocked, they cannot shout at you as you drive by.

Ethanorg    0

But say the survivor REALLY wanted a ride and said he'll shoot if i don't stop (he doesn't have any form of road block) and then i dont stop and out of anger or trying to shoot me out of the car can he shoot me?

Samson    0

No they can't, i think that would be classified as attempted KOS, if they didn't have a road block they have no right to shoot at you , no matter how angry they were.

Ethanorg    0

No they can't, i think that would be classified as attempted KOS, if they didn't have a road block they have no right to shoot at you , no matter how angry they were.

Oh ok, well this has happened to me a couple times, luckily my driver was a good one and the shooter was a bad shot, but if i ever get killed from that i'll be sure to make a report.

But i have another question, one time we drove through an S-GRU roadblock, but it was just a Ural in the middle of the road which we easily drove through and didn't stop us at all, then they killed us, is that allowed?

Samson    0

I think the rules state if it is a vehicle and covers half the road then it can count as a road block.

Robbin    0

Anything that causes you to either stop completely or slow you down enough for them to initiate/request you to stop is considered a roadblock

Ethanorg    0

Anything that causes you to either stop completely or slow you down enough for them to initiate/request you to stop is considered a roadblock

The thing is it didn't slow us down at all? we didn't even turn we just kept going?