Server time: 2019-04-20, 15:23
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 1 hour, 36 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Hanro

I know most like to kill people but...

Posted (edited)

Roland had an idea about that years ago I think. Will never happen though. Prepare for the bandit players to spam the thread with "StOp HiNdErInG mY rOlEpLaY u ElItIsT". You want roleplay that doesn't involve putting your hands in the air and dropping all your shit? Go hide in a corner of the map.

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Roland had an idea about that years ago I think. Will never happen though. Prepare for the bandit players to spam the thread with "StOp HiNdErInG mY rOlEpLaY u ElItIsT". You want roleplay that doesn't involve putting your hands in the air and dropping all your shit? Go hide in a corner of the map.

Yeah, I guess I will find more interesting roleplay at the edge of the map 😋

I just wish they focused more on each other. Having all the major bandit groups be allied makes no sense, you would think they would be fighting each other for power rather than dividing and conquering.

Just now, YO_MIKE said:

I just wish they focused more on each other. Having all the major bandit groups be allied makes no sense, you would think they would be fighting each other for power rather than dividing and conquering.

I am with you there buddy. It makes no real sense.

Threads like these pop up every now and then and they are rarely productive.  Im going to quickly summarize some of the responses you can expect (other than the ones going, "hell yeah i hate being robbed, all bandits are just filthy pvpers who cant roleplay"):

• There are hostage guides, try read one or twwo and see if that helps with points below.
  • Getting robbed all the time?  Are you walking around with an automatic weapon and a massive backpack?  If so you have higly increased your chances of being robbed, so make yourself less of a target.  The "top end" weapons are hard to find so just having one makes you a target.
  • Are you talking shit to people or trying to "act tough" IC with no backup?  If so it probably won't end well.
  • Are you as a hostage trying to progress the RP or are you just sitting there pissed cause you are losing gear?  RP is a two way street, if you think the hostile party isn't putting much effort ino the RP, then why don't you try and lead the RP somewhere, just not in the "I'm gonna kill you all cause im a supersoldier" sense.  There are things you can do despite not being in the "dominant" position.
  • You shouldn't be getting shot for talkign back once or twice, but If you are constantly shit talking the hostile party then expect a bullet or 30.
  • Use what happens to you IG to afffect your character and their behaviour, become more untrusting/cautious etc.
  • Try striking some kind of deal with the bandits (although admittedly some can't be reasoned with).
  • If worst comes to worst, throw up a report, and make sure to have some video evidence.
  • Try talking to the group talking you by DM with their leader or leavign some constructive feedback on their group thread if they have one.

Not all bandits on the server are co-operating, there are times that it seems like 2 or 3 groups may be co-operating but it isn't always the case.  People can always band together, you can always try and lead the charge or talk to like minded people IG. 

I agree though that more "hero" groups are needed from what i have seen lately.

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

1 minute ago, Dustup said:

Threads like these pop up every now and then and they are rarely productive.  Im going to quickly summarize some of the responses you can expect (other than the ones going, "hell yeah i hate being robbed, all bandits are just filthy pvpers who cant roleplay"):

• There are hostage guides, try read one or twwo and see if that helps with points below.
  • Getting robbed all the time?  Are you walking around with an automatic weapon and a massive backpack?  If so you have higly increased your chances of being robbed, so make yourself less of a target.  The "top end" weapons are hard to find so just having one makes you a target.
  • Are you talking shit to people or trying to "act tough" IC with no backup?  If so it probably won't end well.
  • Are you as a hostage trying to progress the RP or are you just sitting there pissed cause you are losing gear?  RP is a two way street, if you think the hostile party isn't putting much effort ino the RP, then why don't you try and lead the RP somewhere, just not in the "I'm gonna kill you all cause im a supersoldier" sense.  There are things you can do despite not being in the "dominant" position.
  • You shouldn't be getting shot for talkign back once or twice, but If you are constantly shit talking the hostile party then expect a bullet or 30.
  • Use what happens to you IG to afffect your character and their behaviour, become more untrusting/cautious etc.
  • Try striking some kind of deal with the bandits (although admittedly some can't be reasoned with).
  • If worst comes to worst, throw up a report, and make sure to have some video evidence.
  • Try talking to the group talking you by DM with their leader or leavign some constructive feedback on their group thread if they have one.

Not all bandits on the server are co-operating, there are times that it seems like 2 or 3 groups may be co-operating but it isn't always the case.  People can always band together, you can always try and lead the charge or talk to like minded people IG. 

@Wong Start breaking up these bandit alliances

Savages! Get crackin' 😤

2 minutes ago, Dustup said:

I am fully aware about all of this. Still it is pretty stupid. I am not salty as I do know I might provide roleplay for the other party. I see your point friend. But I do believe you see mine as well.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hanro said:

I am fully aware about all of this. Still it is pretty stupid. I am not salty as I do know I might provide roleplay for the other party. I see your point friend. But I do believe you see mine as well.

Im not saying you are salty, I am just listing the typical responses for threads like these, people get really defensive when they think you are calling out their "style" and others genuinely want to help, its just hard because it is such a subjective subject and without some kind of video to go off, it's quite difficult to give an honest and informed opinion on what you have experienced.  If you keep getting killed by people, something is seriously wrong (and it may not necessarily be on your end, but without anything to go on, can't really comment). 

I think we can all agree that "drop all your shit and STFU while I go through your gear or I will kill you" hostile RP has no place on the server though.

Edited by Dustup

Just now, Dustup said:

Im not saying you are salty, I am just listing the typical responses for threads like these, people get really defensive when they think you are calling out their "style" and others genuinely want to help, its just hard because it is such a subjective subject and without some kind of video to go off, it's quite hard.  If you keep getting killed by people, something is seriously wrong (and it may not necessarily be on your end, but without anything to go on, can't really comment). 

I think we can all agree that "drop all your shit and STFU while I go through your gear or I will kill you" hostile RP has no place on the server though.

That was my point if they provide good roleplay I am all for it. But sadly most do not. That was all I said:)

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kase said:

@Wong Start breaking up these bandit alliances

Savages! Get crackin' 😤

Lol 

We just gotta be careful Rolle/Staff doesn't hit us for too much PVP or whatever. 

I do agree that Bandits seem to band together but on the other hand so does all the friendly groups... The difference is the bad guys generally have the better shooters so that's why people complain. 

-1 no rules needed

Edited by Wong

Posted (edited)

Naw Bruh, Hero groups just don't work in the current meta of DayzRP, they normally don't have enough people to be a strong force against the bandits(Or don't have good PVP'rs when the time comes to fight) and just end up getting dumpstered

Bandits will be bandits, sometimes it do be like that brother

Edited by Shroud

5 minutes ago, Wong said:

Lol 

We just gotta be careful Rolle/Staff doesn't hit us for too much PVP or whatever. 

I do agree that Bandits seem to band together but on the other hand so does all the friendly groups... The difference is the bad guys generally have the better shooters so that's why people complain. 

-1 no rules needed

I feel you. No rule is needed but maybe just chill? Good groups don’t go around fucking with everyone. Bandit groups do. There is the difference. So if the bandit groups band together it is very hard for minor camps/ groups to do anything.

6 minutes ago, Shroud said:

Naw Bruh, Hero groups just don't work in the current meta of DayzRP, they normally don't have enough people to be a strong force against the bandits(Or don't have good PVP'rs when the time comes to fight) and just end up getting dumpstered

Bandits will be bandits, sometimes it do be like that brother

They usually do have enough for one bandit group, but unfortunately 3-4 bandit groups have allied even though their goals don't align and it's just killed off any thought to create a hero group, which is why I don't blame em for not doing so.

13 minutes ago, Wong said:

Lol 

-1 no rules needed

What's the problem with friendly groups allying? They ally with everyone they can, that's the whole point of being friendly.

2 minutes ago, YO_MIKE said:

What's the problem with friendly groups allying? They ally with everyone they can, that's the whole point of being friendly.

Where did I say there was a problem?

My point comes down to this, if all the friendly groups want to align like they did with that Cherno thing and have 6 different groups attack one (Green Dragons) and have 30-40 people show up then why wouldn’t bandits band together to keep things how they like it? 

Hero groups threaten the way of life for bandits and vice versa.

Posted (edited)

I will fight the bandits for 5 dollars.

I'd like to see a hero group win for a change

Edited by Puncture

Since I play an autistic character he can be quite "stubborn" at times and I always try to make the RP interesting but when someone gives a demand I can try and refuse to do it if no threat is added to it but I'm always afraid of committing NVFL when I'm only trying to roleplay as realistically and as entertaining as possible.

I do feel like theres a lot of groups out there that will execute you on the slightest backtalk or non compliance just so they dont have to provide RP for the gear they wanted.

7 minutes ago, Wong said:

Where did I say there was a problem?

My point comes down to this, if all the friendly groups want to align like they did with that Cherno thing and have 6 different groups attack one (Green Dragons) and have 30-40 people show up then why wouldn’t bandits band together to keep things how they like it? 

Hero groups threaten the way of life for bandits and vice versa.

I guess that makes sense, however the friendly group band together for defense. While the bandits band together to ensure they can continue killing without interruption. 

Just now, YO_MIKE said:

I guess that makes sense, however the friendly group band together for defense. While the bandits band together to ensure they can continue killing without interruption. 

Not really, hero groups also go hunting bandits then it turn into a back and forth either way Heros band together so do bandits it's just the way of the server

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

Since I play an autistic character he can be quite "stubborn" at times and I always try to make the RP interesting but when someone gives a demand I can try and refuse to do it if no threat is added to it but I'm always afraid of committing NVFL when I'm only trying to roleplay as realistically and as entertaining as possible.

I do feel like theres a lot of groups out there that will execute you on the slightest backtalk or non compliance just so they dont have to provide RP for the gear they wanted.

I feel you on that. While a few of my group members and I were held hostage in Stary church yesterday by the 24th Blvd, one guy kept screaming talk shit again and I'll kill you. Keep in mind that the only shit talk I did was say they were all ignorant of the true God. while talking to one of the others I ended up saying ignorant again and he thought that was a good enough reason to fill me full of lead. His buddies had to scream at him to stop shooting.

6 minutes ago, Wong said:

Not really, hero groups also go hunting bandits then it turn into a back and forth either way Heros band together so do bandits it's just the way of the server

True, I guess you're right.

hot take comin in from one of these dirty hostile RPers...

There's like 5 different friend groups that are the hostile groups currently. They archive, create new groups, etc. What do you expect? It's the roleplay they enjoy. However, out of these ~5 or so groups, only 1 or 2 of them actually make RP sense and have RP as a top priority. And it's never the same group of people. There's times when after RPing out so seriously the different conflicts and none of the other hostile groups want to go along with at and all they wanna do is PVP,  you get tired of putting in all the effort. Then one or two of the other groups go for it. Honestly, people need to just take breaks from the game as a whole more often and come back refreshed. Logging on 5 times a week for months on end is just going to lead you to put forth less effort and make things less enjoyable for all.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

hot take comin in from one of these dirty hostile RPers...

There's like 5 different friend groups that are the hostile groups currently. They archive, create new groups, etc. What do you expect? It's the roleplay they enjoy. However, out of these ~5 or so groups, only 1 or 2 of them actually make RP sense and have RP as a top priority. And it's never the same group of people. There's times when after RPing out so seriously the different conflicts and none of the other hostile groups want to go along with at and all they wanna do is PVP,  you get tired of putting in all the effort. Then one or two of the other groups go for it. Honestly, people need to just take breaks from the game as a whole more often and come back refreshed. Logging on 5 times a week for months on end is just going to lead you to put forth less effort and make things less enjoyable for all.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's easier to just shoot someone rather than putting effort into making the rp situation more enjoyable for both parties. People tend to resort to shooting because of this, not sure what a solution would be.

If I ain't mistaken the lovely Mr.@Wong is working on stopping groups from ganging up period right now, and I think that's great for the server. As a community we need to take responsibility for shit and police these kind of things ourselves like he is right now, not have someone that's less informed about the current in game affairs (sorry red boi) come in and set up a bunch of red tape everywhere that doesn't quite make anyone happy and makes others mad.