Server time: 2019-04-26, 16:48
IronWolf84

Hello Everyone

Just went through the process of applying and looking forward to hopefully playing with you all. Have played Dayz on xbox one but fairly new to this style of game on pc so kind of learning the differences between console and pc versions. Have watched a ton of youtubers playing dayz rp style and it looks like loads of fun. Unfortunately in normal circumstances its hard to meet groups or people who want to teach in game rather then kos so this would be a nice change of pace.

Hello there, welcome!

I will say, PVP is drastically different if you do participate in it, as you could've guessed, people can flick and aim a lot quicker on PC than console! It's a nice change, I hope you enjoy it here!

I believe that I will especially once I get the flicking thing down but more so then gunplay just the concept of community building and bases with others has the most appeal i believe so even if I am not at the gunplay there will be more aspects of it to enjoy. Rather then on xbone all that seemed to be was a larger version of pubg since everyone wanted to kill you the moment they spot you..oh hey you are just refilling your canteen not even looking at me? gank lmao thank you so much for the welcome by the way

Hey welcome to the community!

Hello and welcome!

Hey, welcome to the community! Good luck with your whitelist and I hope you have a great time here. 😉

Yeah @IronWolf84 dayzrp gives you a much better experience then normal dayz because you don’t get KOSed every corner you turn. Hopefully you will enjoy let me know if you need any help!

Hi welcome 

Hello and Welcome to the community!

Welcome!

Thank you all for the kind welcome whitelist is approved now to make sure the rl world leaves me alone for a bit lol

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome, can't wait to RP with you IG! Be sure to check that you know all the rules and have lots of fun IG!

thank you for the welcome Severson certainly doing my best on reading the rules and watching videos still fear i may not understand certain situations if they arise but will play it as safe as possible out there. got a few hours in since being whitelisted and really enjoying the more relaxed feel knowing that i shouldnt be shot on sight. did have an awkward interaction ig earlier but that was based on my fear that they would shoot me the moment i turned away which probably is not a bad thing since rl would be afraid meeting others as well

Welcome to the community! 

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Welcome to the community man.

Welcome

Posted (edited)

@OnyxOne odd question that I either missed looking through rules etc or I am just being silly about...but is there a commonly accepted way of being afk or anytime i will need to be away from the pc for a bit is the best option to just log out..I only worry that I may need a bio break or something and come back and be dead..or someone try to initiate rp with me and it be seen as ignoring. doing my best not to break any protocols

Edited by IronWolf84

6 minutes ago, IronWolf84 said:

@OnyxOne odd question that I either missed looking through rules etc or I am just being silly about...but is there a commonly accepted way of being afk or anytime i will need to be away from the pc for a bit is the best option to just log out..I only worry that I may need a bio break or something and come back and be dead..or someone try to initiate rp with me and it be seen as ignoring. doing my best not to break any protocols

If you aren't in RP, I would suggest just logging out and then logging back in when you are back, if you have to leave the PC. If you are in RP with somebody, typing something like "//Mind if I go afk?" is a good habit to have. Most, if not all people will say sure, and then you can go into a building and log out. However, keep in mind that if you are a hostage, you should ask for permission to go AFK.

Hope this cleared things up for you 😄

@Onyx Very much so thank you! Kind of along the lines I was thinking but I knew there was the part in there about logging out so soon after a hostile encounter and didnt want to break that rule so definitely will mention it before logging or afk thanks again to everyone who has welcomed and given me tips