Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 01:31
Sign in to follow this  
Camo

Seeking ideas for a new character.

Posted (edited)

I'm seriously, this time, for real, considering to set aside Trent Jaegar, (my passive, generous, CampfireRP/TraderRP-orientated roleplay character), to whom I have primarily played the last two years since I joined; to now focus on a new play-style; by creating a relentless, aggressive HostileRP-orientated character. I've lately felt, I have been missing this kind of roleplay experience, perhaps since I began here. In my current two years, I can recollect to my memory that I have only killed two people, and wounded a handful of others. I have a thirst for blood and tears. Now, I might be a little rusty at first, but perhaps in time I can be just as good as other HostileRPers.

That all being said, I am now thinking of what kind of character background I wish to create. Maybe you can help me. Medic, Support, or full-fledged Super Soldier (that last one was a joke)?

I'm thinking of a Chernarussian character. A name that rolls off the tongue well. Now, one of the reasons that kept me from creating new character is my issue with acquiring such an accent these other roleplayers do. So, maybe I should write in my backstory,  if I can't pull off such an accent, that Chernarussian character could of grown up in North America during their childhood, just to have their family deported back to South Zagoria. Can't argue with that, right? I want to focus my character as best I can, and memorize who I am roleplaying as, as I did Trent Jaegar. So I would like it to have vivid background, and I am seeking ideas.

FYI - Also looking for a experienced HostileRP group. To teach me the ways, and also to get me back into the PvP aspect of the game again, if necessary.

Edited by CamoRP

There are plenty of people who play Chernarussians that are incredible at HostileRP and RP in general @Ducky being a good one. I've recently wanted to switch things up as well so I spiced up my Chernarussian character page in hopes to bring him back.

As for the accent, try videos of russian speaking people and get a gist for it, perhaps? If not then the NA raised Chernarussian would work just as well. I'm sure a HostileRP group wouldn't mind taking you aboard to improve on the hostile side of things for ya! Just gotta speak to the right people.

Also, I recommend using the occasional Chernarussian phrase, I like to google "Czech common words / sentences" -- Wish you luck! 

Chernarussian characters are hard to roleplay as, the way they act and speak should be very well thought out if you wanna be known as a good RP'er and provide excellent RP to others. I would say making a character that was even born and had to leave (Idk, his mom was from here or something) or make a character that moved here a few years ago for industry, if you really wanna be around / Partake in what these groups do.

On the other side of things, there is plenty of Hostile/Semi Hostile PVP and RP oriented groups with English speaking backgrounds, that you might be able to finesse your way into and build your character around.

-The Cult of Mann

-The Savages

-D7 Mercenaries

-Dead Batteries

-Generation Zero

-Jackals

-The Revenants

Just to name a few. I mean it is all up to what kind of character you wanna make and what kind of development you are looking for.

(Sorry if I ''accidentally '' put your group into a category, it is just my assumption of the group)

18 minutes ago, CrescentGent said:

There are plenty of people who play Chernarussians that are incredible at HostileRP and RP in general @Ducky being a good one.

I can personally vouch for the Kamenici boys, if you are looking for a Chernarussian then I'm sure they can give you their tips and tricks.

There's a lot of guides on the forums for playing specific characters

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

There's a lot of guides on the forums for playing specific characters

Feel like sharing some links?

Posted (edited)

This was posted not all too long ago @CamoRP

Very in depth about the military side and the general history of Chernarus, might help with some pointers provided in the thread!

Edited by CrescentGent

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CamoRP said:

Now, one of the reasons that kept me from creating new character is my issue with acquiring such an accent these other roleplayers do.

What issue???? Whatever you do, don't change your accent! I WANT Trent's accent for myself! XD!

Edited by William89

34 minutes ago, William89 said:

What issue???? Whatever you do, don't change your accent! I WANT Trent's accent for myself! XD!

If I do that, people will still think I am Trent. Trent's primary identifier is his accent, and the fact no matter the circumstances ALWAYS is wearing his cowboy hat & bandana.