Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 16:16
Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

Powergaming question (Old rules vs new rules)

This is another one of those "Before the rules were changed, there was X rule that was good/bad. Is it still the same or has it changed?" thread. This is more aimed at the GMs and admins because they're the dudes responsible for enforcing rules.

So "before the rules were changed" you could permascar someone without asking in OOC chat if it was in an area that was easily covered (back, torso, upper arms, whatever) and if it wasn't too extreme (like cutting off a limb). I don't think this was ever written down, but it was absolutely a thing when I was a GM and before the rulepage change.

For example, as a Jackal, we take people captive and sometimes judge whether they are strong or weak through questioning or through challenging circumstances. If we judge them weak, we carve a 'W' (for Wumbo) into them; if they are judged strong, sometimes an 'S' is carved. These letters are usually small, and on the arm or something like that. 

So, my question is simple: As you could in the past, can you permascar someone if it's small and hideable, and not going overboard? (Cutting off limbs or putting huge scars on someone)

Of course, asking in OOC chat if someone is alright with a scar is the more respectable way of handling a permascar, but I was curious if it was absolutely necessary regarding the specific scenario I mentioned.

Posted (edited)

I think you should be able to permascar people full stop. The whole point of roleplay is character development, there is no point in roleplaying a character and just keeping them fresh/untouched because then it just leaves a relationship-based roleplay. Adding in permascars as a non-optional thing will ultimately further one's character development more than say meeting up with an old friend, due to the elevated circumstances, and if anything it is more exciting. What do you lose? Back in 2015 the Blackwood Militia would mark people who were being hunted, and this type of roleplay was very interesting and brought about a lot of fun experiences, and I'm not 100% sure if there was a permission requirement, but then why would you say no? We are roleplaying in the apocalypse, not everything is going to be all calm and pretty, events like this are what make DayZRP a fun and enjoyable community, having consequences to things ultimately develops roleplay to a much higher extent.

Edited by DaRsnn

i do agree thet some type of permascaring suld be allowd without perms but i do think with how the rules are now you need to ask for perms for any type of permascar

Any permanent scarring requires OOC permission, regardless of size or extremity.

Permanently scarring someone in game will always need to have OOC permission first in case the person is not comfortable with it or agree to it. Otherwise this can lead to powergaming claims since you scarred them without their agreement. It makes sure both the victim and hostage taker are safe within the rules so the whole atmosphere is fair and fun.

Sign in to follow this