Server time: 2019-04-21, 07:11
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 9 hours, 48 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful

I was looking at a report today and found it odd the way it ended. It was to do with a guy telling someone to stop following him with his gun out, pretty sure if u want to u can find it. 

Guy is running away with a few people chasing him, guy then stops when he realises he cannot outrun his pursuers. He then raises his weapon while still back peddling and asks them "How about you Fucking stop following me alright"  he is shot by the word stop and "dead" by "alright".

The situation was dealt with and it was decided that it was a valid kill, no rule play or nothing wrong (apart from the guy killed being a bit guilty of avoiding rp, since he didn't talk to them when they wanted him to).

Now personally I think this is all wrong. The people following him who killed him should have done a lot more to RP, they could have tried to calm the man down or a myriad of other things apart from immediately kill the guy, the only words that the guy heard was "guy, hey". Personally I think this is only an example of how much people have just been looking to kill folk. Not saying anyone involved was but it does seem the server in general is more likely to break the following "obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them any time you want and in all situations."

I would like to kind of change this situation to show what I mean more, 

Guard is at door and a man walks up to the door, guard says "you cannot go in the door otherwise i will shoot you". Guard is killed on spot by guy.

You can see that as being worse but I hope you get my gist with this thread and would love to hear other opinions on this kind of stuff, and especially where you think i am wrong or where i have failed to make myself understood.

have a good one 🙂

Some people are waiting to find a reason to kill someone else. I wish to see more RP Instead of searching for PVP

The situation could’ve gone 4 ways.

- How it originally happened where he got shot.

- How the OP could’ve done those actions and the person complied, then the OP ran off.

- How the OP could’ve taken him hostage if the accused had been compliant (which from the OP’s intentions, he didn’t want to be near them in the first place and made this highly unlikely).

Or final solution:

- How the OP could’ve threatened the accused like he did, ran off and the OP + friends could’ve ambushed him to show force.

The OP gained attack rights and the group gained defense rights because of what the OP did. The OP’s intention was to run away because it was realistic and as stated in the report, could’ve possibly been Avoiding RP if he had continue. It makes a situation very confusing for the other side as they want to RP (hence why they chased him) and cannot see if this person wants the same or avoiding RP (because the first thing they do is point a gun in their face, which is fine, people have different roleplay styles).

Now the scenario you try to compare this too is completely different;

14 minutes ago, nisbo said:

Guard is at door and a man walks up to the door, guard says "you cannot go in the door otherwise i will shoot you". Guard is killed on spot by guy.

You wrote this. What was the tone? Did he raise his rifle? How many people? 

It all depends on the case to case scenario. With some people, they would back off and go “Woah man, why?” Or “What the fuck?” Or “Uhm... okay.” I can’t really go off of much without context of a situation that isn’t described properly cause it causes assumptions, confusion and peoples different perspectives on just reading that small paragraph I quoted you by.

What

They ran after him to roleplay then the guy initiates idk about you but i dont wanna get shoot for trying to rp

I feel like the current initiation system  (on which I can't really give a better alternative suggestion for, so it is what it is)  favors a sense of:

-  Depending on the person, both sides wait for an opportunity for the threshold of initiation to be crossed so they can shoot, that usually being someone raising a gun

Now this is not harking on people who actually roleplay out a situation atleast worth 2-3 sentences, but judging by some reports I've read of KoS and BadRP it usually boils down to getting an advantageous position as quick as possible to shoot. And there's nothing wrong with that as it's survival, I just wish there was more of a focus on roleplay than:    *Lifts gun*   "Hey how abo-.."    *Brrrrt*

Now I don't know what happened in the original encounter you are referencing to OP, can you link it? @nisbo  

But just based on this information. While it's considered badRP to avoid RP, I think it's perfectly legit to run away from a group that overpowers you in numbers especially if you have the distance already and haven't engaged in conversation with them. And IF the guy was sprinting away and someone was sprinting after him, I'd say it warrants an idea of them being hostile, though I don't think that is enough with the initiation rules. 

On how the situation boiled out though, he raised a gun, they shot, legit initiation and response. That's how it is.

But if I was in a apocalypse situation and see a group, run away, them chasing after me in 9/10 cases I'd consider hostile unless they were actively shouting to calm me down or something.

Posted (edited)

That was me. I ran away as it was a natural reaction to get away from many armed men when outnumbered (I saw at least 5 different people when I logged into the house). The verdict was rushed as my killer was asked for his allies but never provided this information. After running for my life, I realized I couldn't get away from the situation so I turned around and tried to express my disagreement with being followed. At this moment I was expecting to be initiated upon and taken hostage and have some cool roleplay. They decided to shoot first and ask questions later. I was and still am under the impression that my actions were not an initiation having stated no consequence whatsoever. Things could've gone a thousand different ways that didn't involve me being killed under 2 seconds of trying to engage talk with my pursuant. It really is a shame that this is now the accepted norm and situations like this are just swept under the rug of nonchalance.

Edited by OldSchool

Posted (edited)

TL;DR: If you run away from people, you are more likely to be robbed. Stop avoiding their RP and just talk to them, and I guarantee your chances of getting away with your stuff and your health are much better.

On one hand, the dudes chasing him could've initiated on him in return, but the OPs gun was already raised and likely would've resulted in a shootout anyways.

On the other hand, the OP didn't have to raise his gun and give a demand, aka a valid initiation. The OP literally could have just stopped and spoke to them, or not raised his weapon and just told them to stop following.

And on the third hand, if you're an irradiated dude from Fallout or something, the OP could have not run away in the first place. I can absolutely guarantee you that if you run from a group of people, you will almost always get initiated on. If you just talk to the dudes that you're running from, you're less likely to get robbed.

I can guarantee you that if I chase you and you make me run across half the map just to speak to you, I will absolutely initiate on you and take you hostage for making me run a marathon just to roleplay with you..

Don't. Run.

If the focus of this server is to roleplay and create stories with other people, then why would you run away? You don't want to get robbed? Like I said, if you run from people and they catch you, you are most likely getting robbed for avoiding their RP and wasting their time chasing you.

Edited by Dusty

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

TL;DR: If you run away from people, you are more likely to be robbed. Stop avoiding their RP and just talk to them, and I guarantee your chances of getting away with your stuff and your health are much better.

On one hand, the dudes chasing him could've initiated on him in return, but the OPs gun was already raised and likely would've resulted in a shootout anyways.

On the other hand, the OP didn't have to raise his gun and give a demand, aka a valid initiation. The OP literally could have just stopped and spoke to them, or not raised his weapon and just told them to stop following.

And on the third hand, if you're an irradiated dude from Fallout or something, the OP could have not run away in the first place. I can absolutely guarantee you that if you run from a group of people, you will almost always get initiated on. If you just talk to the dudes that you're running from, you're less likely to get robbed.

I can guarantee you that if I chase you and you make me run across half the map just to speak to you, I will absolutely initiate on you and take you hostage for making me run a marathon just to roleplay with you..

Don't. Run.

If the focus of this server is to roleplay and create stories with other people, then why would you run away? You don't want to get robbed? Like I said, if you run from people and they catch you, you are most likely getting robbed for avoiding their RP and wasting their time chasing you.

tl;dr: these are facts

If you run from me IG I'll probably end of robbing you just because it looks like you've heard my voice and are going to inform someone about my location. 

Just now, ShanePVP said:

tl;dr: these are facts

tl;dr: read this 

3 hours ago, nisbo said:

He then raises his weapon

i believed to of found ur problem here sir

Posted (edited)

I had no sympathy for the person that filed the report. If I am in an open field following after a guy to talk to them, and he raises his weapon while yelling at me, I will retailiate and shoot them.

In my book, same concept in real life, the moment you point your gun at me, that's when you lose all rights to your life. I will attempt to fire at you in self-defense.

What he did broke the rules of gun safety, that I have been taught since I first held a gun when I was 7 years old.

• Always treat every firearm as though it is loaded.
  • Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
  • Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
  • Always be sure of your target and what is in front of it and behind it.

The point is, never point your gun at something unless you intend to shoot at it. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they raise their weapon at me, then I realize the severity of my situation and then handle it the best I can. I value my life, this person in the field being chased, did not, when he confronted his opposers with lethal force.

If my character sees someone pointing a gun at them, generally he'll say something. As I would in real life.

I've had people joke around in my life time, pointing guns at eachother, and I dare will I say, that they have gotten a beatdown. I don't mess around, people can get hurt or worse.

Edited by CamoRP

So... we're talking about putting RP first. Well to do that we first have to address realism and believably with some facts. The OP is trying to get away from five people... not one random with a gun, but multiple people, armed to the teeth and when approached his response was to threaten with a gun. Seems to me the odds of persuasion via these methods seems slim to none and is more likely to result in someones ass getting filled with more holes than Ron Jeremy's boned.

It takes 1 bullet to kill someone, 1. People don't always make smart decisions and no one wants to have a coastal visit on account of someones bad call.  If I am outnumbered, and unlikely to survive, I will do whatever it takes to not get shot by complying. If I am being threatened when I am armed and in a good position... I may just decide to shoot you. Wouldn't be the first time.

The point being, if you're going to point a gun, make sure you have an edge and if not... there is no grounds for complaint. 

If we're bringing realism into it, walking up to 5 armed men seems unlikely but running away seems fishy and looks strange. What if my character has a reason to fear people in  general, let alone 5 people with guns? 

That situation however could've gone the way people have mentioned above. Instead of instantly gunning him down the moment he raises a weapon, try to stop him and give him a reason to lower it, thus furthering the RP.

Posted (edited)

Man if you wanna aim and gun and initiate you should expect to be shot, that’s not ruleplay, that’s just realistic 

Edited by Shroud

Posted (edited)

He picked a fight and lost, anyone realistically would shoot him for that.

Edited by Eagle

To be blunt...

Guy in the report initiated on someone in an open field and got shot.

If he didn't want to get shot, he shouldn't of raised his gun.

End of story.

Posted (edited)

I get your point, but for that you would have to add to the rule that, you only have kill rights on someone initiating on you, if you actually break the demand they made. Like for example the door guy A says to B "stop! I will shoot you if you get past the line!" Say in this case the demand is to not pass the line... (so by current rules, B can just shoot A now without anything else needed)if we added, only if the demand is broken, means if he puts a step past that line both can shoot each other but not before.  @Roland would love to know what you think?

Would not change anything to the normal hands up or I shoot you, since in that case the demand gets broken unless they react within the time anyways.   

Edited by GreenySmiley

-User was warned for this post-

I honestly think kill rights should be obtained the moment insults start flying around

you really think two groups of people would be hurling insults at each other while both are standing point blank holding automatic weapons lol, it’s silly

if the guy initiated on three people and raised his gun at them, while having RP talking him down sounds epic as fuck and would be a good route— the guy had what was coming to him and the people shooting him acted in an entirely realistic manner but stopping any threat to loss of life in their group before something bad could happen

i haven’t seen the report but that’s just a couple cents

8 hours ago, OldSchool said:

That was me. I ran away as it was a natural reaction to get away from many armed men when outnumbered (I saw at least 5 different people when I logged into the house). The verdict was rushed as my killer was asked for his allies but never provided this information. After running for my life, I realized I couldn't get away from the situation so I turned around and tried to express my disagreement with being followed. At this moment I was expecting to be initiated upon and taken hostage and have some cool roleplay. They decided to shoot first and ask questions later. I was and still am under the impression that my actions were not an initiation having stated no consequence whatsoever. Things could've gone a thousand different ways that didn't involve me being killed under 2 seconds of trying to engage talk with my pursuant. It really is a shame that this is now the accepted norm and situations like this are just swept under the rug of nonchalance.

You haven't needed consequences for initiations for a while.  If hostile intent is there, in this case, a demand and a raising of a weapon, then that is an initiation.  It has been that way for a while now.

7 minutes ago, GaryCash said:

you really think two groups of people would be hurling insults at each other while both are standing point blank holding automatic weapons lol, it’s silly

Yeah, that's exactly what would happen in most cases.

Just now, AndreyQ said:

First death: Kevin Nivek.

Initiating in an open field when outnumbered is pretty silly. Seems like rule ignorance on the OP's part not knowing what constitutes a proper initiation. Hopefully he learned from his mistake.

In terms of RP it would take more than a bunch of insults to start blasting away. People make killing seem way too commonplace as a way to solve an argument in game just because there's presence of guns and such a matter of fact thing, not every confrontation turns into an all out gunbrawl IRL. Doubt it would in many post-apocalyptic scenarios either. In many cases it would end up pointing guns at each other MAX ->

BUUUUUUT in terms of rules, it makes sense it does and let's face it, that's how it just is right now and that's how it will be handled in 90% of the cases. The moment he raised his gun he was a valid target for pew pew and a threat against said group.

3 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

Maybe, I’d like to think people value their life more than that though and would air on the side of caution  — if the second you insulted some one the other faction got Kill rights on you — I think it’d change the way we play and interact with each other ICly

Probedly do the same and shoot him if he raise his gun and threatens me.. But If i was alone.. and a group of people with there guns out would sprint towards me.. I would not for a second believe. .Oww maybe they got something nice to tell me.. No.. I run.. And I will try to get away.. Of course if i get caught up by the group.. I would not just throw my gun up and tell them to fuck off.. There the iniation is clear.. 

On 4/1/2019 at 3:34 AM, GaryCash said:

Maybe, I’d like to think people value their life more than that though and would air on the side of caution  — if the second you insulted some one the other faction got Kill rights on you — I think it’d change the way we play and interact with each other ICly

Wow.. Suddenly you gona see the most politest arguments ever for the worse reasons..And people will just wait to hear a fuck or an insult to KOS one another.. I see it already.. So guy accidently hit his toe IRL in his desk and says a curse in the voice chat.. and get's smoked for it.. ^^