Server time: 2019-04-26, 16:46
Blitz

S1 Novaya Petrovka 2019-03-31, 05:00 (Approx) Attempted KOS

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Novaya Petrovka

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-03-31, 05:00 (Approx)

Your in game name: Grisha Petrov

Names of allies involved: Zero, Muggin and some other Bystanders

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): LADA 4 seat

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): IMAGE

Detailed description of the events: I was driving to Novaya Petrovka from the north to seek out some merc RP at the school when out of the blue my car was layed into by the guy in the image above. From my POV up to this point I had not received any initiation or hint of hostilities from anyone. I immediately stopped after the first shot to show I was not a threat but the attacker continued and started zeroing in on the driver side. When I was sure he was going for the kill I stepped out of the vehicle and started waving my arms around as shown in the image. After this he fired a few more times in my direction then ran behind the barn. I waited about 10 seconds then quickly put my hands down to call for help from the only people I knew in the area. I did not see the man again after I lost line of sight. Once they arrived Zero (Richter Cain) and (Muggin) Francis Williams II put timestamps (period) in direct chat.The only other logs would be hits on the car or on my avatar.

I didn't really expect to have to make another report so soon after the last but really, c'mon. This guy was either A) In a firefight and didn't PID or B) Somehow assumed he had initiated on me from a good 150 metres away out of VOIP and text distance. If he/she wants to own up to this I would be happy to talk it out in TS.

Edit: There is a possibility that the suspect may have combat logged due to completely ghosting the search party we formed once help arrived. If staff could check for DC's around the time of the chat log timestamps that would be helpful.

Edited by Blitz

Posted (edited)

Zero's POV: Myself and others were at the Novaya Petrovka school yard investigating a group of individuals to see if they were trustworthy and possibly pick up intelligence for future operations in the West. After a bit of RP and deeming the occupants of the school non-hostile I decided to meet with my over-watch (Otto). He was located North of the school near a water tower and series of barns. Suddenly we both hear a series of shots ring out sounding like automatic gun fire. Otto decided to high tail it out of there, thinking that he was being shot at or that there may be an active firefight. Myself, Otto, & Mugin decide to head East to regroup and regain our bearings. We made it just East over the hill of the broken barn when I receive word through IC communications that my friend and associate Grisha Petrov is under heavy automatic fire from an unknown attacker at the exact location we just left from.

This led us to believe that perhaps the automatic fire may have been directed towards even my ally Otto as well and perhaps a potential mis-ID or worse, attempted KOS. We decide to book it back to the location in order to try and initiate on the attacker and figure out why he was firing an a random vehicle and ally, and if push came to shove eliminate the threat if necessary. We rush over the hill and get eyes on Blitz and his vehicle which had been heavily damaged and was now smoking. We notice that he is out of the vehicle and has his hands in the air in an attempt to stop the attacker from discharging his weapon even more.

Otto and Mugin decide to take the Northern flank from where the gunfire was coming from and I decide to run to cover of the haybales in the field near the car wreck. As I take cover behind a hay bale Grisha yells for me to keep my head down and states that he had almost been killed from automatic Kalashnikov fire from the destroyed barn on the hill. I get my scope in on the destroyed barn in an attempt to find the enemy but do not see anything. That's when suddenly I see a sudden movement near the barn left of Petrov. Someone darted from the barn and to the side. I stay back to weigh my options as the enemy not only had higher ground but also superior cover.

After looping around safely to a better vantage point I decide to rush the barn to find whoever was sneaking around. Unfortunately I do not find anyone. Perhaps my eyes played tricks on me. Personally I believe someone may have combat logged in the location but it's also possible he managed to get to the side of the barn and make a run for the forest nearby to escape. After Otto and Mugin cleared the Northern barns we swept the surrounding forest for any people but found no one.

The entire situation to me seems like a new player randomly fired on a vehicle out of no where. When Otto was in the area around the barns he did not hear an initiation or see one in text. Either this is a big misunderstanding or someone is going ham on randoms in the North.

Edited by Zero

@Blitz @Zero Were any of you hit by this person? 

@RandyRP I was not, nor was any of the backup. I believe Blitz may have been hit, but I am not sure.

Hi 

Unfortunately we couldn't find any hit logs that could help us out.

Thats a shame. I would however like to keep the report open to check for DC's around the time of the chat logs and also to see if the accused will step forward. I reiterate that I would be willing to talk out this report in TS/Discord.

Hello,

I can look for the disconnect logs. @Zero what is your characters name that you were playing on at the time so I can search for this timestamp. 

I will post my POV if need be, but I typed a timestamp of just a "." after we had secured the area. This was around or shortly after the time OP previously mentioned. 

If that is of any help...  IC name: Francis Williams II

A team of Staff Members have looked over this report.

After looking through the logs and digging around where the timestamps were placed. We were not able to find enough evidence to call anyone into the report. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If more evidence is brought forward in the future we can reopen this report.

//Closed

Signed by: @Zilly, @Onyx, & @RandyRP