Server time: 2019-04-21, 17:12
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
ONGOING | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 2 hours, 47 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
OldSchoolOG

Initiation

So, since the verdict dropped on this report, I've been reviewing the rules and older reports and I still don't understand how me asking if he could stop following me was considered an initiation. It is clearly stated in the rule 4 Hostilities: "if someone is telling you to drop your weapon and put your hands up or else you will die, he is committing a hostile action against you." I made no threat or cited no consequence, the only thing I said was actually a question, "Can you stop following me", to which I was swiftly answered by a hail of bullets. It has been said numerous times in the past that raising a weapon or asking for something without citing a consequence was NOT an initiation. Either I'm completely out of touch with the rules or something was overlooked.

Greetings OldSchool. While that is true, as an example, of an initiation, it is far from the entirety of the rule. The rule itself is as follow

4 Hostilities

Hostile actions are player interactions where you or your group members lives are threatened by other players, you are forced to do something against your will under threat of violence, someone is stealing from you, etc. For example, if someone is telling you to drop your weapon and put your hands up or else you will die, he is committing a hostile action against you. Hostile actions can often be very complicated involving multiple people and groups, which makes newcomers especially vulnerable to punishments for rule breaks in this category.

Depending on a whether a player is attacking or being attacked, players can defend themselves and their friends and kill other players during hostile situations.

In this particular case by pointing a weapon you have given a threat of violence, followed by a demand of, 'stop following me'. The whole statement in this, due to the raised nature of your weapon is therefore seen as 'stop following me (or get shot)', and therefore is considered an initiation. While this may have not been the intent of your actions, it does not lessen the validity of the initiation, and had they continued to follow you, you would have been in your rights to then shoot you. Likewise the suspects in this case are within their right to defend themselves from the threat of violence, ergo why you were killed.

So tl;dr, while yes the individual actions of raising a weapon, or simply telling them not to follow you, are not an initiation, the combined used of both creates a valid initiation as you have now both stated a demand and given a consequence.