Server time (UTC): 2019-08-22, 14:34
Sign in to follow this  
Paco_

Distress Signal [Open Frequency 96.6]

*Parker stumbles toward the closest thing that could hold him up from stumbling, that being a downed airplane in the North West Airfield. He quickly turns around and puts his back to the cold metal and slides himself to the floor. He removes his backpack and sets it on the ground infront of him opening it wincing in pain from the cut in his left arm. Pulling out a few items including bandages, his radio, his canteen, and the fleeting amount of vodka he has left. He begins to roll up his left sleeve and pours the vodka on his arm trying his best to disinfect the wound but leaving just enough left to drink for himself. After he is finished bandaging himself he grabs the canteen to notice he has not left himself any water to drink and angrily puts it away in his pack. He grabs his radio tuning it to 96.6 and begins to speak.* 

"Hello I hope to the gods someone is hearing my moans and requests. My name is Parker Hunt and I am at the northwest airfield, just like a lot of you I had another run in with these damn infected. Unfortunately I bit off a bit more that I could chew this time." *Chuckles at his poor joke and the fact he still has a sense of humor in a time like this.* "I have made a stop at the downed plane north of the runway at the North West Airfield, I have stopped the bleeding but I am now realizing in my stupidity and greed of supplies I overlooked the amount of food and water I have brought with me and I do not know if I will be able to make it down south. If anyone is listening I am asking for the grace of god in the form of help, I know this world has turned us cold but I am hoping that some of us are still warm. 

*Parker lets go of the receiver and bangs his head against the metal of the plane, feeling the throbbing pain in his left arm. He sets the radio down and retrieves his cigarettes from his pocket counting that there are only four left. Takes one and places it in his mouth then strikes a match to light it. He admires the smoke that is coming from the end of his cigarette before picking up his radio again and continues to speak.*

"If anyone could please assist me I would be willing to give you what ever you like from the fleeting supplies in my pack in return for the chance to live another day in this harsh world. Also Kevin if your'e still in the area and are listening to this I could really use the help my friend."

*Parker takes another drag from his cigarette and slowly letting the tobacco filled smoke release from his nose.*

"Other than that to anybody who is listening. Keep surviving."

*Parker drops the radio in between his legs and continues smoking his cigarette.*

*Kevin would snatch up his radio holding down the PTT hoping his battery would hold out* 

Parker this is Kevin I read you loud and clear got a radio but I'm not sure how much longer the battery will hold out. I'm a bit of a distance from you but I am making tracks for you now. Hold together man I have a nice bottle of water with your name on it. I will be the-

*Kevin cusses and entertains the thought of smashing the radio as the battery had died mid sentence but thinks twice. He quickly stows the radio in a vest pouch and starts booking it for the airfield*

* The Captain overhears Parker’s transmission, while marking other potential survivor locations on a map. He pulls the radio from his vest and begins to transmit. *

” This is Captain Heinrich, Alpha Company 3-34. We are receiving you loud and clear Mr. Parker, what is your current situation? We are here to help. “

* The Captain can be heard calling a Sergeant to his side, but the name is cut out by static. The Captain points at Parker’s location on the map. The Sergeant shakes his head as he lights a cigarette. *

” Be advised Mr. Parker, the airfield you are at is a hot zone. There are hostile groups in that area that will try to harm you. It is recommended you reposition as soon as possible. We can dispatch a team to your location, to provide required aid and extract you from the area. “

* The Sergeant can be heard in the background, informing the Captain of previous hostile movements as the transmission ends. *

On 4/1/2019 at 12:07 AM, J1988Dizzle said:

* The Captain overhears Parker’s transmission, while marking other potential survivor locations on a map. He pulls the radio from his vest and begins to transmit. *

” This is Captain Heinrich, Alpha Company 3-34. We are receiving you loud and clear Mr. Parker, what is your current situation? We are here to help. “

* The Captain can be heard calling a Sergeant to his side, but the name is cut out by static. The Captain points at Parker’s location on the map. The Sergeant shakes his head as he lights a cigarette. *

” Be advised Mr. Parker, the airfield you are at is a hot zone. There are hostile groups in that area that will try to harm you. It is recommended you reposition as soon as possible. We can dispatch a team to your location, to provide required aid and extract you from the area. “

* The Sergeant can be heard in the background, informing the Captain of previous hostile movements as the transmission ends. *

*Kevin would dig his radio out of his bag having had a new battery in it and after a few days of thought decided to call out to the voice he heard on Parker's radio when they had met up*

Hello? This is Kevin Teran I am Parker's friend I managed to grab him and get him out of the airfield he is doing better now. You said you're a Captain? I didn't know we had any active military left in the area. I would be interested in having a word with you face to face one day. For now stay safe out there I just wanted to let you know about Parker's well being.

*Kevin would release the talk button and stare at the radio a bit before sighing wondering if it was a smart idea to call out to someone he didn't know but nodded convinced that it was worth a shot and stashed his radio bag into his bag and shoulders the pack and continues on his journey.*

* As the transmission comes through, the Captain is relieved to hear the news. He transmits back. *

" Captain Heinrich to Kevin Teran, copy your last. Glad to hear your friend is okay. To answer your question regarding military personnel, yes sir we are remnants of surviving US and other military forces here in Chernarus. Also civilian survivors who are willing to take up arms, be trained, and assist in our missions. We remain vigilant towards the elimination of the infected and other threats in the region, while providing aid to all survivors in need. "

* The Captain shoulders his rifle and lights a cigarette, while walking down the coast. *

" You and your friend stay safe out there, I look forward to meeting you two. Captain Heinrich out. "

* The sound of seagulls and waves crashing on the shore can be heard, before the transmission ends. *

*Kevin would damn near jump for joy at hearing that there was US forces around and would grab his radio holding the button down to speak*

"What branches of US military if you don't mind my asking? I am a Sergeant with the US Marines I am glad to hear some of our boys are still holding the good fight out there. Maybe we should meet up sooner rather than later? I would love to be around some fellow brothers in arms plus getting to know each other might be beneficial."

*He would let off the button and tap the antenna against his chin a couple of times before hitting the button again*

I will let you think it over and discuss it with whoever you need to contact me again on this frequency when you get an answer yeah? I know taking someones word over comms is a longshot but hey I figure its a risk on both of our sides. Just don't leave me hanging. Kevin out.

*He would let off the button and tuck the radio into his front uniform pocket so he would hear any further broadcasts and laid back on his makeshift sleeping spot drifting off into a light sleep*

* While marking troop and civilian movements on a map, the Captain overhears Kevin's transmission on the open frequency. He picks up the radio and begins to transmit back. *

"Captain Heinrich to Kevin, good to hear your voice again son. We are composed of US Army, Marines, CDF, and NATO Forces. As well as Chernarus government workers and civilians that were and are willing to take up arms again. Bringing the fight back to the infected and other threats throughout the region, while providing any aid we can to survivors who can not or do not wish to fight back. "

* The Captain takes a large drink of his coffee, in efforts the caffeine will boost his awareness. It has been days since he has gotten more then thirty minutes of sleep at a time. He continues. *

" Another Marine! That is outstanding to hear Sergeant. Believe it or not, you Devil Dogs are popping up everywhere these days. You son's a bitches are solid survivors and hell yes myself and my men would be happy to meet you. We can always use more soldiers, should you wish to rejoin the fight Sergeant. If not, it is understandable and not uncommon to hear these days. "

* The Second Lieutenant walks over and taps his ear, reminding the Captain of potential threats listening in. *

" That being said Sergeant, there is a high possibility of our transmission being overheard by potential hostile forces. Recommend switching to secure comms for further transmissions. I can't exactly give out the frequency over this open channel though, kind of defeats the purpose haha. I have men in the field, they will find you and provide you the secure frequency. What is a round about location my men can begin the search? "

* The Captain places the radio on the table and lights a cigarette, while the Lieutenant grabs a pencil and awaits the location details from Kevin. *

* Kevin would grab his radio and hold the PTT button talking in a hushed tone the sounds of infected in the background can be heard*

Well sir as of right now I am....shit....

* He would let off the button and flatten himself against the tree as the small group of infected that had chased him passed close by. After he was sure they moved far enough away he began speaking again* 

....As I was saying right now I am north of Sinistok in the woods. I got caught by a rather large group and they had me on the run for a while. I will be making my way to the Novaya Petrovka area soon probably within the day if all goes well. I am aware that this is an unsecure line so be wary if you come looking for me there may be others looking for me as well we can exchange private channels once I meet up with one of you guys. You will know me when you see me. Good luck out there Captain.

* He would release the button stashing the radio and snatching up his radio making a dead sprint for Novaya hoping like hell the group of infected wouldn't hear him and follow*

* Kevin would grab his radio off the ground and lean back against the wall of the building he had claimed for his temporary shelter. He would think for a minute trying to gather his thoughts before pushing the button and speaking into the radio *

This is Kevin Teran calling out to Captain Heinrich or any of his men. If any of you are around give me a shout I have arrived at Novaya and am awaiting a radio call from the Captain. I hope everything is going alright out there.

* He would release the button and set the radio down and scoop up his rifle and scope in watching the fields and tree lines from his vantage point *