S1- Devils Castle. Ghosting.

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 Devils castle

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  20:15

Your in game name:  Winjab Akunda

Names of allies involved: Revenants

Name of suspect/s: No idea

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): n/a

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://plays.tv/video/5c9fcf833c687ef85d/ghosted-?from=user

Detailed description of the events: As we was defending out tower from the multiple groups attacking. we had 2 people watching the stairs (the only way up) on the floor below and someone logs in at the top and instantly gats us, as you can see in this evidence. Not very immersive if you ask me.

Edited by JSaulOG
More info

Clyde's POV: The boys get initiated on so I woke up in the tower and gas 2 people than die myself. Thats pretty much the pov. As you can see I get group rights being official. Would also like to point out its about the same as when we attacked novaya and your people logged in to help you in the fight. Same thing. 

Posted (edited)

I am a friendly and was also killed.

Detailed description of the events: I was one of the 3 or 4 guys on top of the tower during the gunfight. We were at least 10 or so minutes into the gun fight and had guys downstairs watching the entrance and stairs up the castle. If you notice - the guy who killed me is standing behind a half wall that is pinned in the corner of the tower. The stairs to the top are on the other side of that wall. He logged in in that corner area and gunned us down.

Also - Not sure if he logged in for the first time or ghosted using event server. Worth looking into.

POV:

Edited by NinjaCam
updated my POV statement

Posted (edited)

Ill also point out that you've admitted to ghosting @YungBrandonRP to log in and gas us knowing we'd full well out number you. NVFL in my eyes. there was atleast 6 guys in that tower and I'm sure you boys told you the same.

I am pushing NVFL for this report.

it should be aogm and not ghosting. As he abused the log out system to spawn in behind the Revenants during a firefight.

Also to point out, He was on a different character not listed in the group not sharing the kill rights, which he did not have any right to shoot any of us.

Edited by JSaulOG
adding more info

@NinjaCam If you are involved we require a full written POV. Please update your post. Thanks

Hit Logs:

20:17:02 | Player "Scot Dawson" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into Torso with Bullet_556x45 from 2.31836 meters 
20:17:02 | Player "Scot Dawson" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into Torso with Bullet_556x45 from 2.21238 meters 
20:17:02 | Player "Scot Dawson" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into Torso with Bullet_556x45 from 2.19488 meters 
20:17:02 | Player "Scot Dawson" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into Lungs with Bullet_556x45 from 2.19488 meters 
20:17:04 | Player "Winjab Akunda" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into Torso with Bullet_556x45 from 3.54967 meters 
20:17:04 | Player "Winjab Akunda" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into RightArm with Bullet_556x45 from 3.54967 meters 
20:17:05 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Scot Dawson" into RightLeg with Bullet_556x45 from 3.65002 meters 
20:17:05 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Scot Dawson" into Torso with Bullet_556x45 from 3.65002 meters 
20:17:06 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Scot Dawson" into LeftArm with Bullet_556x45 from 4.61962 meters 
20:17:06 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Scot Dawson" into LeftArm with Bullet_556x45 from 4.68791 meters 
20:17:07 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Scot Dawson" into Head with Bullet_556x45 from 4.95095 meters 
20:17:07 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Scot Dawson" into RightArm with Bullet_556x45 from 4.9306 meters 
20:17:07 | Player "Scot Dawson" hit by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" into LeftArm with Bullet_556x45 from 4.8525 meters 
20:17:11 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" hit by Player "Dominik Thomson" into RightArm with Bullet_556x45 from 7.39371 meters

Kill Logs:

20:17:05 | Player "Winjab Akunda" killed by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" with M4-A1
20:17:07 | Player "Scot Dawson" killed by Player "Clyde Wockhardt" with M4-A1
20:17:11 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" killed by Player "Dominik Thomson" with M4-A1

Chat Logs:

20:16:28 | Chat("Dominik Thomson"): HANDS UP OR DIE

Connection Logs:

07:39:01 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" has been disconnected
20:15:59 | Player "Clyde Wockhardt" is connected
-Dead-

18:49:58 | Player "Scot Dawson" is connected
-Dead-

19:23:27 | Player "Winjab Akunda" is connected
-Dead-

20:04:08 | Player "Dominik Thomson" is connected
-Still Connected-

Calling in:

@JSaulOG - Winjab Akunda | POSTED

@YungBrandonRP - Clyde Wockhardt | POSTED

@NinjaCam - Scot Dawson | POSTED

@Dominik Thomson - Dominik Thomson | POSTED

For their full detailed POV. Along with any other evidence that they may have of this situation. Please also list all of your allies that were involved. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, JSaulOG said:

Ill also point out that you've admitted to ghosting @YungBrandonRP to log in and gas us knowing we'd full well out number you. NVFL in my eyes. there was atleast 6 guys in that tower and I'm sure you boys told you the same.

I am pushing NVFL for this report.

Yes because in my pov I definitely said you would outnumber me. All my boys were outside. You wanted to initiate giving me defensive rights and I used them. Not my fault I fell asleep in that comfy tower. Check all the logs you want. As I said before you guys did the same thing in Novaya when everyone attacked. You can see in your video I even freeze when shooting. Don't hesitate next time maybe? I have the clip of me killing them 2 but wouldnt add anything. Their video shows pretty much what I saw. 

https://gyazo.com/36f7c99f3c3784b90408bb9c06caa4a3 (definition of ghosting)

https://gyazo.com/14916e86dcff04b15eb1298233014e66 (Rolle's saying)

Edited by YungBrandonRP

30 minutes ago, YungBrandonRP said:

Yes because in my pov I definitely said you would outnumber me. All my boys were outside. You wanted to initiate giving me defensive rights and I used them. Not my fault I fell asleep in that comfy tower. Check all the logs you want. As I said before you guys did the same thing in Novaya when everyone attacked. You can see in your video I even freeze when shooting. Don't hesitate next time maybe? I have the clip of me killing them 2 but wouldnt add anything. Their video shows pretty much what I saw. 

https://gyazo.com/36f7c99f3c3784b90408bb9c06caa4a3 (definition of ghosting)

https://gyazo.com/14916e86dcff04b15eb1298233014e66 (Rolle's saying)

What happened in Novaya is irrelevant to this case. Plus we logged into our own base not the enemies base (almost 2 months ago now). i still am pointing out this is clear NVFL as you expected to die. 

As for the hesitation, i did not expect someone to appear out of thin air behind us, my bad, I'm here to RP so my immersion is on point until things like this happen so maybe that's why i was caught off guard. i also feel as though you logged off in the base on purpose as you guys attack us on a daily basis, and you used this as a plan of assault. if you don't see someone appearing out of thin air and spraying 2 people down is not realistic, then i don 't know. 

i wish to leave this to the admins to look into. thanks.

Alright lets cut out the back and forth. You have both posted your POV. Only post if you have new evidence to add or have been called in for a POV. This is the only warning.

Posted (edited)

Dominik's POV: I was on the top of the tower, looking around the perimeter for any hostiles, listening to Radio Chatter as well. Then, out of nowhere, I hear shots right behind me, and a lot of yelling IG and over the Radio. I turn around and see a guy spraying down two people, so I decide to just spray him back, and I kill him. Apparently, the guy logged in on top of the tower, while the fight was ongoing. The reason I know that he did that is the fact that he stated it above in a comment, and that we had 3 people watching the stairs, so there was literally no way he could just run past it. I mean, I am not sure what else should I write down here, you can clearly see that he logged into the game, and he also wrote it in a comment above, so yea...

Edited by Dominik Thomson

Posted (edited)

My final post, The morning of the report a couple of us raided the base rp'd with some civis and took the base over. After a couple of hours I logged out at the top of the tower. Thats why I was logged out there not for a tactical advantage but because we took the base over. 

I think its important to note that they weren't defending their base they were attacking us in the base. They initiated on the group and I logged in to help my group mates and friends. 

Edited by YungBrandonRP

7 hours ago, YungBrandonRP said:

My final post, The morning of the report a couple of us raided the base rp'd with some civis and took the base over. After a couple of hours I logged out at the top of the tower. Thats why I was logged out there not for a tactical advantage but because we took the base over. 

I think its important to note that they weren't defending their base they were attacking us in the base. They initiated on the group and I logged in to help my group mates and friends. 

My final post as well:

Weird... NONE of your friends mentioned that it was their base at all during the hour or so of the fight night event leading up to the initiation. Also - in J Saul's post above - your character at the time was not on the group's roster so you had no kill rights.

Verdict:

@YungBrandonRP - AOGM | Invalid Kill x2 - KOS | NVFL | Ruleplay - Guilty

Explanation:

To shortly summarize the situation. The Revenants are in a firefight with multiple different groups at the time with one being the 24th Blvd and Prigorodki Street XII, South Zagoria. @YungBrandonRP gets word that they were initiated on so he logs on at the top of the tower. This is where The Revenants are held up and @YungBrandonRP proceeds to kill them after he spawns in.

Moving onto the rulebreaks that are in question. The first rulebreak is Abuse of Game Mechanics (AOGM). @YungBrandonRP is seen in the video spawning in behind The Revenants and starts to kill them. This is considered AOGM because the log out and log in system were taken advantage of, so he could spawn in behind the enemy and kill them. Only when you are the Defender are you allowed to spawn into your base and help with the fight since we RP that you were sleeping there. Next is the two Invalid Kills. The two kills that @YungBrandonRP got are considered invalid because he had no rights on them. He was playing on another character which does not share rights with his approved group, since that isn't the character on the roster. Now moving onto the next rulebreak being No Value For Life (NVFL). @YungBrandonRP will be found guilty of NVFL because he was given information from the group that there were people inside the compound that they were fighting. Knowing this information @YungBrandonRP decided to log in and try to fight back against an unknown number of people in the tower. After looking at the video footage you can see that he was outnumbered and outgunned on the top of the tower. The last rulebreak here is Ruleplay because @YungBrandonRP was prioritizing the kill rights that he thought he had over the roleplay that could have transpired.

The rules that support these rulebreaks:

• 2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work. Example of exploiting is loot cycling, placing objects inside walls or other places where the object would normally not fit in, driving vehicles underwater, creating impenetrable tent walls, or intentionally using indestructible objects as shields that effectively give you invulnerability.
  • 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.
  • 3.3 You may not focus on out of character gains to the detriment of RP. For example, "rule play" is prioritizing things like kill rights or OOC information above more appropriate IC actions or behavior. Always prioritize role play over rule play.
  • 4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.

Before I close out I would like to make a few suggestions for the future. When it comes to logging into a base during a firefight, we have deemed it fine for Defenders to log into their own base but not Attackers because the Defender would be sleeping there since it is their base. To share rights with your approved group you must be both on the GroupCP and the Roster. Then only the character that is on the roster will share rights. So, you need to be on the correct character to share rights with your approved group. In a situation where you are out numbered or out gunned it is best to comply and not attack. Last, is I want to make sure that everyone knows we are here to roleplay and we should always prioritize RP over ruleplay. 

Outcome:

@YungBrandonRP - AOGM | Invalid Kill x2 - KOS | NVFL | Ruleplay - Guilty - 10 Day Ban & 20 Warning Points | Aggravated & Character PKed

Signed by: @BrianM, @Onyx, @Zilly@RandyRP, & @Zanaan, w/ Notes.