Luke

The Signal

Posted (edited)

11.png.04650ebee6825c2e480f4f5fbe417216.png

Spoiler

- The best combination of sounds your ears can experience -

stry.png.440a0eb445768097e6fd0addd51b8a64.png

- The story of the group -

The 'French Inhale' is a relatively simple smoking stunt... It requires the smoker to gently push the smoke out of their mouth whilst simultaneously breathing in up through the nose, something that requires a little practice. It was a simple irrelevant trick that led to very formation of The Signal.

-

The unofficial start of The Signal's formation began when two familiar faces met amongst the absolute shit-show that is South Zagoria around half a year after the outbreak. The two young men in question, Clancy and Liam, were never particularly close however they shared the same school back in 2012, however neither had given any crazy possibility like this a single thought. Their unexpected cross-of-paths was the result of a supply run Liam had organised on a small building complex near Svetlojarsk. The building's doors were open and it appeared to be broken into already and Liam had initially dropped the idea before going in, but moments before leaving the area he noticed something wasn't quite natural. It was the smell of the building that begged Liam to check it over once again. It was strange, it was pungent, and after what felt like years of trying to navigate the cluster of what may have been the original contents of the building thrown everywhere, there was nothing to be found. This is a waste of time he thought to himself. He'd been having awful luck over the past few weeks and had now spent more than an excusable amount of time looking for something he didn't know existed.

"You good Liam?"

That's when Clancy emerged from a back room Liam had already looked in, and as it turns out he missed a well hidden trap-door. After the initial shock of being confronted by someone from home, the two exchanged a handful of quick chatter and before long Clancy ushered the two of them into the trap door before securing it once again. The two headed down a few steps to which then Clancy took the time to explain to Liam how he'd been using the hidden basement to avoid as much contact with both the infected and other survivors. 

"There were others here at the beginning mate, a fair few. Some locals but most english. I came here with my Uncle funnily enough, you might remember him... The one that school called the police on for smoking up a fat johnson outside the gate." He chuckled, but followed with a short sigh. "As I'm sure you could've guessed, school didn't really do shit for me since I last saw you, I quit. Long story short my Uncle and his boys had ties with a group of Chernarussian Cannabis farmers, and both groups had decided to start working on exports. I decided with nothing else to my name to help, so before you know it I'm off our little boat and organising all this man." He points to the stacks of relatively large wrapped cannabis. "This was one of a few places we used for storage and it's shit because my Uncle was here with me up until a few months back... It's deep, but it is what it is man and I know what I'm doing."

The two sat in silence for a few moments. They'd only recognised each others' existence for less than a day, yet somehow both knew they had found someone they trust.

"I don't suppose..." - Before he had even finished, Clancy stood up and began rolling a joint, giving Liam a hastened smirk. "Know any tricks? Shock horror - I may have smoked before..." "I think can do the mouth to nose one you know."

"Classic. The French Inhale."

- This lore will be expanded with the introduction of new members -

whoweare.png.3110e2a7811acf65b9c4500d9fa9df5e.png

- What the group is about -

The Signal is made up from a bunch of nobodies, and that's how it's meant to be.

We don't aim to become a famous/infamous group known by our banditry or heroism, who's name is passed throughout the towns of Chernarus.

We're simply just some irrelevant survivors, but the fact that we acknowledge this and strive to be ourselves and nothing different is what will make this group.

Hopefully in the future, those who are aware of our group can look at us as real down-to-earth personal individuals, each with our own behaviour, skills and interests, working together as... 

"The Signal"

goals.png.eb12593d4ed791e09f85be5cf7bdc465.png

- The goals of the group. These have been split into 3 IC sections followed by 1 OOC section -

[Each to be further updated in the future as the group progresses]

surv2.png.beea17caa0daa26a2d852746e6476d3f.png

- Goals relating to the survival of the group -

I  Upon re-emerging from the mountains the group should become familiar with current group politics, and the current goings-on in Chernarus [DAY 640]

II  Once ready, the group should begin stock-piling on what they can find and store it at a temporary / permanent solution for shelter [DAY 647]

II.I  If the solution for shelter is temporary, the group should aim to find a permanent location [T.B.D]

III  With some form of home to fall back on, the group should begin to reach out and begin making relations and building ties with current organisations and groups [DAY 661]

IV  If not already, the group should try to increase in size, and with this, introduce roles which use each individual's strongest features to maximise the efficiency of the group [DAY 670]

V  The group should fix up / find a vehicle (preferrably one that fits all current members), and allocate it's use to forming supply runs and group meetings [DAY 675]

work2.png.b413f42371594d32dccad38c70f5b44f.png

- Goals relating to the group's field of work -

Once SURVIVAL III has been achieved, this branch of goals can begin. It is too early to be writing in print what exactly The Signal will be carrying out in Chernarus, as the group's areas of work will likely be heavily influenced by actions of others. However, as ties with other groups grows, this particular area of goals will expand.

thrive2.png.4530c79c3f8344c75bc4500aaf93de61.png

- Goals relating to the group's image and interests -

The group's members should not make their ties to the group public if they are committing an act that could possibly tarnish the groups image (at the time of the act e.g. mask / fake name)

II  The group's members should pursue their own unique interests amidst working with the rest of the group

III  Once SURVIVAL II/II.I has been achieved, the group should make improvements to their home to improve their quality of life as well as protection

beyond2.png.f3596c342a28d65c5ca5b09f30f7c7de.png

- Out of character goals of the group -

I  Provide an authentic down-to-earth experience for those the group come across, as well as the group members themselves.

II  Interactions over combat when possible

III  Provide support to those in and out of the group outside of the game where possible

IV  To help build and develop the lore & backstories of those in the group

ppl.png.dbcba7e2c1110f3945f879333230986d.png

- A list of members publically representing the group -

[Once SURVIVAL IV has been achieved, this section can include roles and descriptions of said roles]

Clancy Road

Liam Carter

aff.png.fa2657461ffbd3f8894cc2a6691c4f94.png

- Affiliates, associates and hostiles -

-   The Signal currently shows no relations to any other public group or organisation   -

recrt.png.3416d28578af988d59da20643ebdd031.png

- Information regarding the group's current state on recruitment and affiliation -

The Signal is is currently accepting OOC applications to join.

The Signal is currently accepting IC applications to join.

The Signal is not currently accepting OOC applications for group affiliaton.

The Signal is currently accepting IC applications for group affiliation.

Spoiler

How to apply:

OOC Applications - Please message Alone [woah that's me], or EaZi via website PMs.

IC Applications - Find members in-game and after introducing yourself express interest. Roleplay it though, barely anyone even knows the group's name so I doubt you would've had.

Edited by Alone

Good luck! I like the graphics.

Liking the graphics, good luck with the group 

29 minutes ago, Finn said:

-

Just now, Wong said:

-

Appreciated fellas!

4 hours ago, Blackburn said:

Good luck

Thanks bud 🙂

I love the aesthetic of the group, and the tiered goals. Just keep in mind that you need to get at least 3 more members.

Good luck with this! I really enjoyed the graphics as well!

10 hours ago, Onyx said:

I love the aesthetic of the group, and the tiered goals. Just keep in mind that you need to get at least 3 more members.

Don't worry, I'm very aware aha

Good luck, looking good!

Holy shit them graphics are beautiful. Best of luck!

Brilliant stuff really, I hope everything goes your way in the foreseeable future!

Many thanks for all the good wishes! It means a lot to have the support :)

Due to work / university we haven’t been in game over the past few days but we’ll be a lot more active over the next few weeks.

And to those liking the graphics, simple is sometimes best!

Much love to all, and hopefully I’ll see you in-game soon!

nice song choice

True survialist! Can't wait to see you fellas IG.

Me likey! looks very interesting, proper survival, very interested in being a part of this.

Posted (edited)

- Note:  05/04/2019 -

Added SURVIVAL V goal.

Began sorting potential interested members.

I also just hit 420 posts, and I'm high as I did it so can we get a zoo-wee-mumma or what. Sweet.

Edited by Alone

Unfortunately as this group still only has 2 members after 7 days it falls short of the 5 member requirement and will be archived. Feel free to PM a moderator or above after 30 days if you wish to bring the group back.