Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 10:04
Sign in to follow this  
Squillium

Make Cars a Little Harder to Obtain

Make cars a little harder to get up and running as showcased below  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right now every car in the server spawns with everything on it pristine with a full Jerrycan. Now I agree that cars shouldn't spawn like "intended" with nothing but the frame and engine, but I believe it'd be appropriate if they didn't have a jerrycan in them and if they were missing one random part, such as a wheel, spark plug, etc. This would allow for cars to be somewhat difficult to get while not making them simply not worth it. My main argument as to why is realism, as after a few years into an apocalypse you wouldn't commonly find completely functioning cars just out and about with no problems whatsoever. Another point is the fact that almost every time someone finds a car they crash it or get it stuck within 5 minutes, leading to that car being wasted until it respawns. If you need proof just pay attention to all the cars on the side of the road that have hit a tree or sign. A system like this would lead those who are actually comfortable with driving in this clunky and broken game to fix them, obviously increasing their longevity, while those who would probably crash it instantly to not bother with it.

It's intentional, they break so easily, the least we can help is to make them easy to acquire and replace if one gets DayZ'd.

Cars break so easily, I think they are perfect how they are now. I would rather everyone have a car than nobody, it also gives players a reason to travel away from the triangle. 

man how about give us more cars 

Please give us more cars not less

More cars equals more RP 

With how difficult they are to maintain especially with high populations, nah. Keep em coming. 

I'd rather have more cars, and have them remain spawning fully equipped. Especially when there's people who just strip your car of everything overnight just to ruin your day.

2 minutes ago, Finn said:

I'd rather have more cars, and have them remain spawning fully equipped. Especially when there's people who just strip your car of everything overnight just to ruin your day.

I wouldn't mind this. Having more cars will help out seeing how easy they break

The only cars I ever find are the ones which someone has smashed into a tree, and can't be reversed

Sorry boss. Going to be a no from me. Cars don’t lose spark plugs, radiators, or batteries just because civilization collapses. Now if they made cars spawn at pile ups with blown out tires I would be fine with that. 

We need MORE cars not less, it's not like all cars would be broken just cause we're 1+ years into the apocalypse. Cars would still realistically be everywhere. Also like most people are saying they break super easily

Posted (edited)

Cars break so easy

and we need more cars 

maybe when cars dosent break so easy

Edited by BorisRP

This was a no from me as well. The vehicles are fine the way they are. I completely agree with @Zero, with the apocalypse upon us the vehicles will still have most of their working parts, apart from having to fill the radiator. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry, Squilly, my mad driving skills mean I need a fully operational vehicle about every two klicks.   

Edited by Mia

22 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

I was actually thinking about adding more lol and making it easier to setup.

+1 To adding more cars.

Also add Islamic/Muslim clothing for extremist groups plsplspls (pls)

25 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

Yes please since stamina is cancer and cars can be cancer please give us more, not making a joke I'm srs tired of running.

Just now, Aeryes said:

This. Also don't listen to @Roland he secretly also wants 2x stamina back he just doesn't want to admit it and likes to watch us squirm. Please. 

its not that they are difficult to obtain...its that they don't work 

I was thinking quite the opposite, I want more cars so it's a less valuable resource. That way people won't have the urge to steal it, or destroy/strip it when you step away from it for 10 seconds to talk to someone nearby.

When vehicles become 99% optimal, and not have so many bugs, or loot issues. Then sure. But even then, the lack of cars is rather odd. What is it, like 10-12 per map? That's not even 1 car per sq kilometer.

Also to add... I do like the concept of having to rebuild some cars, but not until everything is optimal/balanced.

Posted (edited)

If anything there should be more cars, it makes no sense how the world is full of crashed or burned out cars. Even if a car sits still for a year of two a lot of the times it only needs a new battery in order to start. 

Edited by RedRP

Fuck cars, give us bikes!
But no, transportation already is ass since they added the stamina bar.
Let's focus on fixing them before micro managing them.

Posted (edited)

Alright alright, I was never opposed to more cars either, I just think there should be more to "find and drive" but it seems I'm in the minority. Not like we can drive them half the time anyway since the server is too full.

Edited by Squillium

With how many people take them and hide them off somewhere nobody will ever find it, finding cars is not easy.

I suppose things will change when the next EXP goes to stable and we'll have a new vehicle. I don't know how the spawns work but we should wait until then to decide if the rate needs to be adjusted.