Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 04:21
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

New anti-rape rule suggestion

If it is agreed on by all people present in the situation OOC then I do not see a problem with it.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

3.10 You may not force a sexual action upon other characters. All other role play of consented sexual nature needs to be explicitly agreed upon OOC by all involved players.

Is there any more we need this is good in my eye's 

I would accept the above as it removes all possibilities of rape from occuring on the server, but my personal preference would be for any explicit sexual content to be reserved to private mediums: Discord message, forum PM's, etc, and any sexual nature RP beyond PG related things be faded on game.

i wouid also say it has to be RP'd on another platform but if done in our public chat box as a *Fade in, fade out* as clarification.

No one really wants a visual description of what happens unless they both agree to take it to steam / discord etc. Imagine stumbling upon someone being raped IG with descriptive chat... That's like a big no no. 

Yea sounds good, no one wants in game Rape so no point in having it, but weirdos can still do whatever if it’s consensual.

Posted (edited)

ehm

I mean sure

Sounds ok

Everything needed consent before to so idk chief 

Edited by BorisRP

1 minute ago, Mademoiselle said:

i wouid also say it has to be RP'd on another platform but if done in our public chat box as a *Fade in, fade out* as clarification.

No one really wants a visual description of what happens unless they both agree to take it to steam / discord etc. Imagine stumbling upon someone being raped IG with descriptive chat... That's like a big no no. 

“Can’t force sexual act”

Pretty sure that means IC rapes a no go now no matter what.

I don't see any issue if it needs to be agreed upon by both parties. Maybe even add something about requiring a proof of agreement/disagreement (like a screenshot) in case things escalate towards a report because otherwise we might see a lot of accusations thrown around without any solid evidence.

Pretty much what Rover and Faith are saying.

Only RP explicit sexual Emotes OUTSIDE of the game and not IG on the server even if both parties OOC agree.  

Sexual RP should also be restricted to third party comms or a Timeskip (fade out, fade in) scenario. In that case it isn't really being forced, and more focused on story progression.

This isn't 50 shades of grey I don't want to read that shit when I'm roleplaying.

Just now, Squillium said:

“Can’t force sexual act”

Clarification: If both parties agree to it, I'm pretty sure someone will misconstrew the rule and start emoting that crap out. 

Sometimes spoon feeding is the best way to go, otherwise something bad will happen.

If there’s little chance of someone coming by I don’t see the problem in emoting it. I don’t wanna see it but in the unlikely chance I stumble upon it it’s not gonna ruin my day. It’s text emotes in a video game, it’s not like you’re literally seeing two people fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Squillium said:

“Can’t force sexual act”

It means that people cannot force the action on everyone around them to do the deed or any weird shit.
This rule is perfect leaves the well ERPs in the corner and others not bothered by whatever people wish to play out.

Posted (edited)

3.10 You may not force a sexual action upon other characters. All other role play of consented sexual nature needs to be explicitly agreed upon OOC by all involved players. This includes all the people present (meaning spectators) Maybe this would also help since some people were saying that they did not want to spectate erp at all.

Edited by NozzyRP

I mean, I thought all RP of this nature had to be agreed on first including rape? But (Excuse the writing because I'm out of my head atm(

6.9: In order to engage in any form of sexually explicit behaviours, it must be agreed on (with valid proof) by both parties/people. It must be done outside of our server via a third party application. 

6 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

Maybe this would also help since some people were saying that they did not want to spectate erp at all.

Good idea. Maybe just change the wording a bit like:

3.10 You may not force a sexual action upon other characters. All other role play of consented sexual nature needs to be explicitly agreed upon OOC by all present players.

So now there is no need for another sentence.

Perfectly stated, nothing else is needed. It is simple enough to leave out the excuse of not understanding it, but yet it still covers everything it needs to. Well said, and well done!

Posted (edited)

Why does this NEED to be played out in RP I do not get. Just OOC agree on steam/discord what happened and go from there... you do not need to actually act it out?

Right now as I read it: if all players involved with the situation agree upon it... but what about a random person who runs through woods and stumbles upon this?

That person still will experience it without OOC consent. A kid would even just run up while 2 people sexually moan in woods?

Also I do get kissing/hugging/cuddling is not an issue. But currently this rule still leaves open sex act through RP by agreed parties.

...like why?

Edited by Shanoby

I feel like the rule works. Removes rape from in game, leaves consensual ERP alone, and if anybody wants to do rape RP, then they take it to discord or steam PM's. Sounds fine to me!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

Why does this NEED to be played out in RP I do not get. Just OOC agree on steam/discord what happened and go from there... you do not need to actually act it out?

Right now as I read it: if all players involved with the situation agree upon it... but what about a random person who runs through woods and stumbles upon this?

That person still will experience it without OOC consent. A kid would even just run up while 2 people sexually moan in woods?

...like why?

What kid? this community is mostly 16 + rn so idk what you're trying to prove you act like 12-14-year-olds are running about getting forced into similar situations, there ain't much of this going on but now it gives everyone an understanding that they cannot allow this to happen just for RP sake. I doubt a situation like this will happen up in Kab, for example, because well now you can get reported for just doing anything remotely sexual without peoples concent.

Edited by Eagle

41 minutes ago, Roland said:

With > 75% votes in favor of adding new anti-rape rule, we will be taking suggestions and discussion ABOUT THE RULE in this thread.

Discussion about whether or not the rule should be added, or your personal stance on the subject are not welcome here. Post only about the suggested rule and how it can be made better.

I'll start with this:

3.10 You may not force a sexual action upon other characters. All other role play of consented sexual nature needs to be explicitly agreed upon OOC by all involved players.

Your reply will be most helpful if you write your own rule suggestion like this.

Wasn't this what was already in place?

9 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

Also I do get kissing/hugging/cuddling is not an issue. But currently this rule still leaves open sex act through RP by agreed parties.

...like why?

I don't think that normal ERP is an issue. This is a mature community, and as @Eagle states, generally, the age of most members is 16+. I'm sure we all know about sex. It is the internet after all lets be real. I think the issue was the extreme sexual content that could occur, and that is now being kept off the server, which is fine, but if people want to RP it out in PM's and such, then they can. As for why people would want to? Character arcs, story progression, the more darker side of the apocalypse. Now the extreme sexual content is kept out of in game, and the more appropriate stuff is in game.

1 minute ago, General Rickets said:

Wasn't this what was already in place?

The rule was there, then it was removed at some point. It has been and on off rule for a while, and now its going back on, but it seems instead of banning all sexual content outright, is just limiting it to forced, non consensual stuff, which I think is a perfect balance. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry, for me it's no sexual RP at all. I don't see why it would be condoned OOC'ly either with the premise of consent. Just say no sexual RP (ERP, rapeRP etc.) at all. There is no need to say do it OOC'ly. We have no age restriction therefore just ban it. If people want to do it then it's on them and not the community saying it's OK if it's done OOC'ly if you get my meaning.

Edited by Samaritan