Server time: 2019-04-26, 16:47
Isaiah Cortez

Old mans diary (rambles of an old man)

Old man sits inside a house, at far off little village, off the main roads, in front of a table with a bottle of quality brandy and a note book. He turns the pages looking at the pages filled with his thoughts, names, places and locations of interest. He picks up his pen, brushes the small pieces of dirt from between pages and starts writing once more, to clear his mind about this world turned dark.

29.03.2019 - Chernarus, "home"

Oh my dear book of thoughts. This world hasn't changed anywhere. We still sit here, and curse the darkness. From time to time, people light a match and enjoy the little light it brings to the darkness before it burns their fingers, or someone else blows it off.  Some people try it over and over again. To light a match and drive away the darkness around them. With just one match. They don't look around in the darkness. To realize what it means to have matches. If you just light one after another, you will just have burnt fingers, and darkness around you. With no more chances to drive it away. But when you gather enough kindling with you, the match you use, can have a meaning. To give people hope of surviving this darkness. And when you manage to light the kindling, you add fuel to the fire, so it may burn brighter. I feel like I am a lit match. Slowly but surely burning down. And in the darkness around me, I can hear the wind howling. Trying my resolve to stay lit. But onwards I go, small fire, bringing comfort and light to the people needing. Bringing them a moment of happiness and understanding. Of hope. But I'm just a single match, trying to push away the darkness. So sun could rise for us. I know I will fail, but I hope I manage to light some kindling before I go. To create a fire, that drives away the darkness for good. 

Also, Remember to check the new rifle daily for cracks. Bolt to the face was not a pleasant experience. 

*He sets the pen on the table, and rubs his face gently, yawning and reaching for the bottle for a quick swig. It would be time to go looking for new people to have a chat with.*

Old man diaries! Woo!! Nice writing, hope you get to add more the longer the old man lives! ❤️ 

57 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Old man diaries! Woo!! Nice writing, hope you get to add more the longer the old man lives! ❤️ 

Oh, you bet. There will be more. some from the past, some still to come. i actually have a notebook where i scribble while looking at a wall in dayz

*Old man leans onto the shacks wall and frowns at the book he is holding. He's trying to think happy thoughts, but it feels like he is in a crash course with a good man. He pulls a pen from the shirts pouch, and opens a new page, opening his heart to it, once more.*

30.03.2019 - Chernarus, Doctors home

Why is the world like this? First you meet nice people on the road, and then you meet bad people soon after, and they do bad things to the nice ones. Just... leaving the old soul alone. Again. Last night, I met this man. Fred his name. A nice kid, little lost. But I told him some tips, gave some food and well. Good kid. Then by opening a door, a young child just walks into my life. Or rather sits. For crying out loud. 14 years old child. World is a strange place. I'd never believed myself to look after a kid that young. Not even for a while, until she can get back to her newfound family. But, even stranger things have happened. But well. The people on the road, who drugged Fred were strange to say the least. Impulsive, short tempered. Rude. But I'm glad they didn't hurt Ellie. I wouldn't have guaranteed my actions if they would have. It just feels that this world is getting under my skin. Changing me. Because after we had found a doctor and some help for Fred, I... I got agitated by a honest question. Which was just meant to clarify things. To make sure everything was all right. And then I punched a man... As a joke, but I still punched him. And... Hughes... He means well, and I was awfully rude to him but. But I can't trust people like I used to. I just cant. Maybe I am not a match in the darkness, but rather  just a small gleam floating in wind. Soon to fade off and be forgotten.

*He holds the pens tip on the paper, just staring at the things he wrote for a while. He just sighs heavily and continues writing after a brief thought*

I have to apologize to Hughes. I'm just so paranoid and worried for people. Not a good combination I would say. And I definitely need to clear my mind, because there are still people who need me. Even if just to say a hi to them when we meet.

*He closes the book and stuffs it back into his pocket, pushing himself up and heading out of the door. There would be lot to work on today*

*Old man sits in the cabin and listens to the fire crackling in the fireplace and the smell of stew he cooked up filling the room. He takes his diary out and starts writing on it once more.*

31.03.2019 - Chernarus - Cliffs of Stary Yar

Well. I just have to say, world is strange. Really strange. I have no children of my own, nor a wife. But I have grandchildren. Ellie and Khendra. Strange thing this new world is. And It's strange in other ways too. That people are drawn to Dr.Hopes camp. Just like moths to the flame. Though, this one doesn't burn them, like the light of a candle. But gives them warmth and saftey. Even if for a little while. With them, I feel. Useful? World is a strange place.

*He sets the pencil down next to the book and leans backwards on the chair and smiles.*

Posted (edited)

*Old man is sitting inside his friend, Marie's house. He's sitting in front of a table with his radio, pistol and a diary on it. He's looking out of the window, at the plum tree, thinking of the past days events. His left arm was throbbing from the pain, but it made him feel alive. And it made him feel cared for, as the stitches on the scar slowly made it heal. He turned to look at Ellie and Khendra who were both sleeping on the mattress that was laid there, and smiled warmly. Things to keep living for. He picked up the pen and started writing* 

5.04.2019 - Chernarus - Home of Marie

Sometimes you need others to find your reason to keep on going. May it be your friends, family, adopted family or just the stranger on the side of the road. Sometimes you have to remind others of these reasons, and others need to remind me of these reasons. Past few days, I felt so down. I felt useless, and just a burden. But my friends and total strangers, kept yelling at me. Telling me to get up and not give up. Because I had people to look after. Because I still could be use to everyone. Not with a rifle on my hand, or a medical bag by my side. But just by being there. Being me and talking with people. That's what I do. Bring little light and laughter to everyones life. To remind that the world is not full of darkness and sorrow.

I have to look after my family. Both my Grand daughters and Dr. Hopes group. They are my family now. And I have to look after Khendra, and get her off the drug shes taking. I'm afraid how the withdrawal will be. And I fear for my own strength, but I have to stay strong. For her. And for Ellie. Because if Khendra can't get rid of it, I fear that Ellie might follow suite. To take the drug. Or... I'll have to take down that group somehow... But I'm just happy I got to talk with her. To know what is happening. I need to ask for Doctors to teach me how to treat small wounds, so the two don't need to always look for a doctor.

There is lot's to be done.

*He sets the pen next to his book and leans back, letting the wounded arm rest on his lap. He looked once more outside, seeing Marie tending the small garden she had made. It made him sigh happily and turn to look at the kids once more before he stood up and sat next to them, to close his eyes and to have another nap.*

Edited by Isaiah Cortez

Awww... I feel loved!

❤️

Thank you grandpa 😄

*Old man sat in a two story house. In front of a table where his diary was laying. He looked out through the window, and morning sun warmed his old bones. He had slept only few hours, things of yesterday weighing on his head. He picked up the pen and started writing once more.*

7.04.2019 - Chernarus - Gorka

I killed a man today. I killed my friend. And I have to live with this thought for rest of my life. I killed him, no matter what others say. He could have been treated, he could have been better. But I killed him. Because I didn't want to see him suffer. I killed... My only country men I actually knew. And now I'm alone again. Though I have to keep on going. For my family. Because I made promises, that I can't keep. But I must try. For them. And I feel like my tears have ran dry. I just can't cry anymore. Why am I still here? When all the young ones go. What's so special about me that I'm still walking here, talking with people. Young people. And then I just see them go. And die. Why is old man still alive.

*The page would be soggy with tears, causing the text to smear as he tried to wipe it clean. He sighed, wiped the tears off and left the book to dry, to make some breakfast for himself. Bacon and eggs. At least there was something tasty in this world.*

Nice read, Hope the old man stays alive for a while 😛 

The night changed into a day. Day into a night. Spring to Summer, Summer to Fall and Fall to Winter. World kept on turning. Though the world would be little darker place. One light had been extinguished. Light that many did not see. Though the few who saw it, saw it burn bright, blinding them until it adjusted. It brought them hope. It brought them peace. It brought them feeling of better tomorrow, that dark would fade, and new morning arise. But the light was extinguished. And only thing what might have happened, would be that fire. That fire what had burned in the old mans heart, would have lit other hearts too. To bring hope, peace and faith for new tomorrow. To these people, and encourage them to spread it around. But it's time would not be now. 

A life of old man Pasi ended on a hospital bed. With a man he considered a friend, and a man who betrayed him. Life's end. All so sudden

"When ends life, so ends death."

Thank you all for memorable story, you helped build with the old man. Besides him, through the fire and rain, pain and suffering. Happiness and sadness. 

If I said I wasn't crying I would lie.

@Mademoiselle @Scarlett @arttu @Lyca @GreenySmiley @Brayces @Dino @Crim @Elmo @Stagsview @Aiko @Imation11 

And many many many others...

Thank you

Gonna miss the ballsy old bastard, even if we only did meet a few times ;( 

Apologies for that one 😕, you were a great person to run into on every one of my characters!

I will keep on updating this thread with the parts from the diary of old man. There is still a story to be told, even though he is gone to a better place. His diary is in his Grand daughters posession, and she decides what to do with it.

On the last few pages of the diary was a text written on it
Testament 4.4.2019 - Camp hope

I Pasi Blomqvist write this as my last will. I never thought I would die in a country like this. I didn't ever think I would have anything dear to me. My worldly possessions are few. I believed in no god, nor pantheon. People themselves create their own future. My last will shall be as follows:

I wish, that my remains to be buried, burned, or fed to the wolves. I'm not there to care for it. But all those dear to me, who are alive must know where I was buried. My lifes work are the people around me. Everyone I traveled with. Everyone who remembers me. Don't cry for me. Don't build statues, or make songs. I was just an old man. Only thing I deserve is a moment of remembering. Before I disappear into the sands of time. I wish that everyone who knows of my passing and cared for me, should live their life to their fullest, and not let hate and greed corrupt their heart. World is a dark place. And I was just a small spark flying in the wind. I wish that you, who reads this will deliver the news of my passing to the following persons, if they are alive.

Marie White, My best friend

Doctor Hope Pisces, Woman who accepted me as one of her own

Khendra, My loving grand daughter

Ellie (the small one), My loving grand daughter

Rose Pagano, my dear friend, who travels and observes

Liam O'casey. A man who deserves to know

Doctor Kevin Shock, A man whom this world does not deserve.

Arttu Kotka, a country man and fellow survivor

Signature: Pasi Blomqvist, Old man, White death, Grandfather

God damn it!!!! Damn it!!!!!! We was meant to have the talk!!! I was meant to help you!!! 😥

heaven doesn not deserve you old man. Your fire and spirt was the light in this world. I’ll miss....I’ll miss the puns...I know what a shock! 

Noooo I take one night off for rp to find this nooooo. You were Mary's anchor. I will miss your spirit and light pasi my old and best friend 😢😭

I remember meeting Pasi in the old lore, he was one of my favorite northern alliance members. I love this character. I wish Edward was able to RP with him more. O7 man.

A great character with a fire in his heart. Hope to see you again as I love the rp ur providing. 

Oh the fact that Liam got a mention melts my heart man ❤️ 

So much love for one of the most genuine characters i've ever played with. Much love and respect that you let him pass buddy.

My heart strings man 😞 Hope did all she could to give the justice Pasi never saw

My heart is broken.  The world was always a better place because I knew old man was still in it.

I'm not crying, you are crying! @Mia

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Isaiah Cortez said:

I'm not crying, you are crying! @Mia

Yes, I am crying you old fool.  I’d ask Pasi to pass the tissues, but . . . 💔

Edited by Mia

6 minutes ago, Mia said:

Yes, I am crying you old fool.  I’d ask Pasi to pass the tissues, but . . . 💔

Yeah pretty much that.

💔

4 hours ago, GreenySmiley said:

You have given Elly something to try out... A Journey  

She took you with her to places today. Sort of XD

Well... This is a fucking sad start to the morning. Thank you. Thank you so much for great time and story together