Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 16:05
Sign in to follow this  
ScarletRose

Ban Rape RP

Ban Rape RP  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Probaly gonna be pretty controversial here but so be it. I separate RP from real life. My charecters ideas and descions are based in how to not die, but still enjoy life. If someone ever wants to scar my char, or as the topic is being discussed, rape, so be it. It’s callef RP for a reason, I myself am not getting raped, my charecter is. Then again I 100% support anyone who doesn’t wish to have that same view. All that it takes is a little //no or if you have started I reszpect the //pls stop I am uncomfortable. 

Edited by SeversonRP

Just now, SeversonRP said:

Probaly gonna be pretty controversial here but so be it. I separate RP from real life. My charecters ideas and descions are based in how to not die, but still enjoy life. If someone ever wants to scar my char, or as the topic is being discussed, rape, so be it. It’s callef RP for a reason, I myself am not getting raped, my charecter is. Then again I 100% support anyone who doesn’t wish to have that same view. All that it takes is a little //no or if you have started I reszpect the //pls stop I am u comfortable. 

Yeah I fully support people playing the characters they create. If you play a rapist, ok, don't ERP for a living. If you play a rape victim, good luck its hard, but DONT ERP IT. Rape and torture and scaring are part of creating drive for a character but something as disgraceful as rape should not be Emoted in the same way torture is. 

It is a very dark side of RP and I don't think it should be present in a community such as this, it's only going to cause problems in my opinion, and could possibly make people defer from the community itself

Posted (edited)

Hot topic, hot topic.

I really hate to have to avoid certain players because they think "lmao I'm gonna record myself performing RapeRP on a knowingly female player" because, you know, it never happens in detail to the dudes playing female chars. unless it's trolly.

Why is that? 🤔

Is it because it's fun and exciting when you know you're getting a actual female on the other side to RP force pixel bang? And people call ChildRP cringe but it's a safe guard. When shit like this is rampant I don't want to even have to worry about running into some weirdo cuck who can't understand that the RP is cringe, unneeded and fugging weird. People who detail RapeRP (not ERP just RapeRP) are living out a fantasy and enjoying forcing someone else to do what they will. Sure, it's all "IC man, IC" but it's still a point. If you fade to black without emoting it's fine imo, but when you go in voIP/text and start detailing it and starting groaning and moaning and all the other shit along with it at that point I know you're mega fugged up and need some help, and I worry about your views on women as well as sex. 

Ban detailed RapeRP emotes, ban detailed ERP emotes while on the server. If two people want to RP out a ERP/RapeRP scenario then go to DMs. 

TLDR: 

People who detail RapeRP emotes IG are degenerates and disgusting. 
Ban detailing ERP/RapeRP emotes while IG. IE; "*I unzip my pants and ___ then proceed to ____ your ____.*"
Allow RapeRP and ERP to "fade to black" or "and then it happened" for characters who may be IG or not and agree to it OOC.

Added point: 

In the "kinky community" it's considered a NON-CONSENSUAL if not all parties agree to the situation taking place. That's why you don't see people running around with collars and leashes, tying up "pets" outside while they shop, or having them crawl on the floor (at least the sane ones) because people in the grocery store or where-ever did not consent to being a part of that kink scenario. And I highly doubt everyone involved in a RP scenario is willing to consent to a detailed RapeRP scene.

Edited by Brayces

+1 why would anyone even want to be asked to suck someones cock. IF you wanna do that shit hit someone up OOC and plan it out dont push it down on someone you dont know want it. Simple as that.

I think all periods of ERP or Rape should be a fade out - fade in scenario sort of like Fallout, or if they actually wish to roleplay it out they should be restricted to third party communications. Yes, they can roleplay as if they had sex after the situation, but I don't actually want to see every detail in the chat box.

As far as I'm concerned shit like SexualRP and RapeRP should be kept off the server entirely. 
If people want to go through the trouble to do it over steam or some kind of third party software then thats their business, as long as both parties fully consent. 

Id like to remind everyone that if someone tries to do Sexual/RapeRP with you in game and you do not feel comfortable with it, you are fully able to type //OOC I do not feel comfortable with this, stop. If they either continue or decide to execute you for this reason then I encourage you to get evidence and make a report.

A few days ago me and my friends came across a person that told us that he were 11 years of age. There's no doubt that that was the case since you could very clearly tell that it was a child. He might had been even younger. Later that same day me and my friends got captured and got asked the question "//permission to rape". The rape being done with a knife to a man. How is this allowed on our servers? That we actually allow these kinds of very brutal things to take place while at the same time we have kids around? This is supposed to be a 18+ restricted game. While I understand that Rolle by law can't put an age restriction on the community anymore it feels very odd that we allow people this young to experience things that in my opinion they shouldn't be exposed to. I don't want this community be known as a pedophiles and rapists nest. This shit need to stop now and people who disagree should take a good look at them self's and ask why they think it's so important for them. I also don't think there's a majority of people who actually engage in these kinds of behaviors but a very small clique, so why do we need to cater to them? @Roland you used to be against this and I remember when it was a permable offence, you need to reconsider how you want your community to come across. Do you really want your community to have this image? This is borderline illegal if not entirely and I wouldn't be surprised if this community got shot down if it continues like this.

+1 

People who do rape rp are just absolutely disgusting and deserve a really good check up.

1 minute ago, Brayces said:

Allow RapeRP and ERP to "fade to black" or "and then it happened" for characters who may be IG or not and agree to it OOC.

+1 +1 Holy shit +1 

Just now, Brayces said:

Hot topic, hot topic.

I really hate to have to avoid certain players because they think "lmao I'm gonna record myself performing RapeRP on a knowingly female player" because, you know, it never happens in detail to the dudes playing female chars. unless it's trolly.

Why is that? 🤔

Is it because it's fun and exciting when you know you're getting a actual female on the other side to RP force pixel bang? And people call ChildRP cringe but it's a safe guard. When shit like this is rampant I don't want to even have to worry about running into some weirdo cuck who can't understand that the RP is cringe, unneeded and fugging weird. People who detail RapeRP (not ERP just RapeRP) are living out a fantasy and enjoying forcing someone else to do what they will. Sure, it's all "IC man, IC" but it's still a point. If you fade to black without emoting it's fine imo, but when you go in voIP/text and start detailing it and starting groaning and moaning and all the other shit along with it at that point I know you're mega fugged up and need some help, and I worry about your views on women as well as sex. 

Ban detailed RapeRP emotes, ban detailed ERP emotes while on the server. If two people want to RP out a ERP/RapeRP scenario then go to DMs. 

TLDR: 

People who detail RapeRP emotes are degenerates and disgusting. 
Ban detailing ERP/RapeRP emotes while IG. IE; "*I unzip my pants and ___ then proceed to ____ your ____.*"

Exactly this. It's 99% of the time just people doing it for memes so they can screenshot it and high five each other in a discord with their sweaty greasy hands. It's pointless to keep it. If people want to do it for actual RP purposes, as I said, do it on steam. Not in the server period. 

+1 agree that it should be gone, never should have been allowed in the first place

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Yes. It's cringey as fuck and honestly a little depressing when I see people doing that. It's like...mad lonely shit to be doing anyways. But hey that's just my opinion. 

If there's anyone here that wants to defend Rape RP please explain to me why you think it should stay because I really can't think of a reason other than "It's really funny and I get to make memes about it with my boyz in discord lmao" that would be given. 

For the sake of being devils advocadate, rapists and pedophiles are the biggest bad guy you could possibly create. Their scumbags and the only solution for them is castration + public hangings. Don’t get much worse than a rapist to be honest. That’s not just RP, that’s how they should be dealt with irl. 

Thet being said, I think the people doing some of the weird shit are just fuckin weirdos acting out their sexual kink fantasies on the server as dayzrp is one of the more free RP platforms.. 

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Zero said:

For the sake of being devils advocadate, rapists and pedophiles are the biggest bad guy you could possibly create. Their scumbags and the only solution for them is castration + public hangings. Don’t get much worse than a rapist to be honest. That’s not just RP, that’s how they should be dealt with irl. 

Oh trust me, my character Noah knows. But we can still RP as rapist snd victims with the "Fade in, Fade out" system. It created the RP but it spares us all from cringy or distasteful stuff like ERP. 

3 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Hot topic, hot topic.

Why is that? 🤔

TLDR: 

People who detail RapeRP emotes are degenerates and disgusting. 

This.

The fact we are unable to monitor peoples ages in the community, it shouldn't fall under 'just say no in OOC'. I'm unsure as to why the rule was removed that was in place prior because it kept people in line and made sure sexual shit was kept OOC in Steam PM's. It'll get to the people people are so lax about doing it they'll unknowingly diddle a kid online pretty much, RP or not you're still engaging in a sexual act.

If you've got some sick fantasy behind raping someone, keep that shit to yourself, honestly. RP or not, it's fucking disgusting to sit there, laugh about it and think it's all okay.

Posted (edited)

+1 make this stop, it's clearly getting out of control.

Even though it's rape in a video game it dosn't matter. People who wants to rape here clearly needs to think again in my opinion.

Edited by ornbergOG
Added more

I would prefer to have it removed.

The subject of rape in games and in roleplay is something that comes up across every medium of RP I've been involved in... Table top, forum, play by post, text-RP systems like MUSH, MUD, MUX, etc.

It is a taboo subject that is difficult for many people to stomach for a reason, whether it be because they are a survivor of an assault, or have heard stories of it, or just find it difficult to do. For a very mature subject it takes nuance and skill to RP out both the scenario and the fallout in a way that gives proper gravity to what it is.

All too often its just thrown out by edgy people trying to be hardcore.

Personally, I am unable to RP situations where my character communicates with people coming to terms with being raped. It is one of the few RP-avenues I simply can't go down, and blessedly it hasn't come up yet for me to need to go OOC to request a subject change. Because honestly, it'd be the most awkward 'Oh yeah, sorry, lets not unpack what you just went through and talk about something else, hows the weather?' kinda RP right-angles you'll ever run across.

TL;DR: I'm all for removing rape roleplay.

Like I get that to some people it can be funny for a joke or whatever, and that's cool, people like to make memes out of shit they're disconnected from and have no perception of. But for people that feel genuinely bothered by it or find that shit just plain disgusting on a moral basis, which hopefully is the majority of the community, I just can't think of any reason that it should stay period. There's no reason for it to be allowed IN GAME especially now that we have minors allowed on the server. 

There are some people who are just genuinely disturbed by this shit because they've either known someone who's been sexually assaulted or, in my case, have been sexually assaulted before. It's just fucking ridiculous that it's a thing that someone should have to worry about in game. And we all know damn well that the amount of people that are doing it to screenshot for the lolz is way, way fucking more than the people that want to further rp. 

TLDR Rape RP is almost never for RP and you can't change my mind. 

Just now, Mexi said:

This.

The fact we are unable to monitor peoples ages in the community, it shouldn't fall under 'just say no in OOC'. I'm unsure as to why the rule was removed that was in place prior because it kept people in line and made sure sexual shit was kept OOC in Steam PM's. It'll get to the people people are so lax about doing it they'll unknowingly diddle a kid online pretty much, RP or not you're still engaging in a sexual act.

If you've got some sick fantasy behind raping someone, keep that shit to yourself, honestly. RP or not, it's fucking disgusting to sit there, laugh about it and think it's all okay.

I don’t know why Roland doesn’t just “move” his “business” to a non EU country. That way he can monitor ages again and we can get rid of the kids, they really don’t belong here anyways. 

39 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that while permission must still be asked to power game a character, the events leading up to the request and the request itself can still be distressing and of a sexual nature.

People need to read this and understand that it's not just the act in it self that is the problem. It seems like many people that replies in this thread didn't bother to actually read the whole post made by OP, don't understand or don't have compassion for their fellow community members.

This should just fall under the BadRP rule and should be reported for that

I personally think that the idea that it might trigger emotions from a traumatic experience in the past is a weak argument because it suggests that others should be limited because you had a wrong (a horrible one at that) done to you.

I also don't have a problem with sexual RP like I wouldn't have a problem with any kind of RP so long as it falls under the rules.

However, I do agree that sexual RP should be banned for one reason and it's the lack of an age requirement for this community, I think either you have Sexual RP OR you don't have an age requirement, you can't have both. The last thing that should be happening here is for people to be inappropriately exposed to this shit.

If I had to say though, adding an age requirement is better than removing sexual RP but people who wont reach that age requirement will already be in the server so there is not much choice but to remove sexual RP imo.

I apologize if this may seem offensive but I don't think the community (except for a couple individuals) is responsible and mature enough to deal with the rape topic appropriately, so that on itself is a reason to take it out.

4 minutes ago, Mexi said:

This.

This really needs to be highlighted.