Server time: 2019-04-20, 07:19
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 40 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful

Ban Rape RP  

323 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+1 to banning rape RP. It has no place in this community. It went from something that was bannable into something that I've seen and heard of more and more often on this server and have been given the OK. Its frankly disgusting. Permissions or not, its wrong and shouldn't be here. 

-User has been Cautioned for this post-

Posted (edited)

3.6 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming.

-If you don't like a situation or is uncomfortable with the way the RP is done, use the power of OOC //

Edited by Mystery

If this happens to you in-game just report it. I'm not really one for seeing ERP in-game, and I'm glad when consensual people take it to DMs in order to roleplay it out. Like mystery said if they force it on you without your permission it's power-gaming and a bannable offense.

In regards to the following rule

• "3.6 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming. "

So essentially, there already is a rule.

Nobody can force sexual rp onto you. If anyone says "suck my **** or die" and you say //I'm sorry I don't feel comfortable doing this - and they execute you, I would report it for unreasonable demands.

You are always allowed to put in //ooc that you do not wish to participate in such extreme RP.

That doesn't change that I find Rape RP completely disgusting and dehumanizing. But to get back on point, a rule is there.

nah keep it as it is

You can murder people and torture people on this server so why would you not eb able to be sexual.

I mean Ive been sexually assaulted and I dont see a problem with this 

-1 lets not make this into a police state with super safe rules

+1 rp is supposed to be for enjoyment. When giving hostile rp you should consider if it is enjoyable for the people you are being hostile to. I feel like Rape RP ruins the experience and no enjoyment comes from it.

Look, I'm sorry to say this but rape can progress RP. BUT, you DO NOT ACTULLY RP THE EVENT. Fade in and Fade out. If you want to RP a rape victim thats fine, be respectful of the actually tragic events so many people go though and not joke around and RP this. You can go around and have this effect your character but to ask to Rape a vharavter then Emote it all is just distasteful. My opinion. How the fuck can you look at yourself knowing you just text RP or demoted raping someone. Lile Holy shit its just wrong. Rape can progress RP if it is used as a background to a character but do this. 

//Perm to "Rape", fade in and such

//yes

//fade in, fade out. 

Now the encounter js done, both party's are ok with it and the character was 'raped'. Now y'all RP as if something actually happened. 

Motherfuckin +1

26 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

[...]

As there is no way to verify age on this server, how can the rules possibly allow content of a sexual nature?

Inciting minors to engage in sexual activity would violate laws in most of the world. Asking someone to ERP without making reasonable efforts to ensure that they are legally of age to consent risks violating criminal law. In addition, someone under age cannot legally consent to sexual activity, so even gaining //permission would not be valid.

Allowing sexual RP in the rules may result in children either observing or participating is something that they should not be exposed to. Whether from a legal or moral standpoint, how can this be permitted on the server?

[...]

This is my main gripe with anything remotely sexual we may see on our servers. While I am a firm believer that, even engrossed in the game, you retain enough judgement to either step away, log off or tell someone OOC //No., the most recent case has proven otherwise and showed that sometimes you panic OOC and don't have the ability to think things through. Until an age limit is introduced again, (if at all possible, which I seriously doubt), I would support a rule stating that ERP is to be kept private and off the server. The setting we are in is mature and we should be able to portray the lowest of the low any human can reach, debauchery, torture, perjury, murder, tits and all, but we have to consider real-life implication first and foremost.

Yeah, I find it paradoxical that we're allowing minors onto this server now, but we still allow rape. There is a disconnect with torturing people, considering most of us have never even seen somebody get tortured. Many People have however been subjected to sexual assault/harassment. The furthest it should go is being an agreed upon event that was not  roleplayed out. Obviously, people who do want to RP it can do so in third party platforms but I think it should strictly stay off of the server itself. 

4 minutes ago, Mystery said:

3.6 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming.

This. Unwanted sexual roleplay is already banned by the rules. 

I really don't see what so shocking with being asked in //ooc chat if permission is given for erp. Just say "// no" and if they continue they will be breaking rules which will be solved easily with a report. I don't see why anyone would like to erp in-game AT ALL but i'm not going to force everyone else to abide by what i want in roleplay. And how do you decide when it's normal erp and when it's rapeRP? there are lots of potential for abuse by only banning rapeRP but not banning erp. 

As for age, we should have the age limit back. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

its not always as simple as saying no to make it stop.

^^ you literally say it's a GAME, so yes it literally is as easy as saying //Stop //No 

19 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

that they are legally of age to consent risks violating criminal law.

^^ lmao why are you dragging that here honestly, There is age restriction on this community and if anyone decides to trick their way into here without being of the right age how is that our fault or anything of that sort?

Also I never took part in Rape RP myself, I just dont see a real reason to change rules just because you don't feel "comfortable" with this thing. As I said above, it is literally a thing of saying //stop...you might also go and ALT+F4 if you "panic" and also if I recall right sexual RP itself is not allowed to be RPd out in game anyway. 

//edit, just noticed the age limit was removed... @Roland what is you doin? Years we go with age limit and now you change it?

Edited by Majoo

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

, people who do want to RP it can do so in third party platforms but I think it should strictly stay off of the server itself.

Exactly, im all for the right and power to do what you want. But keep it away from this server. We have minors and people who have actually experienced real sexual assault. If You want to have it as part of your characters story, thats fine, be respectful. But don't ERP it. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Majoo said:

^^ lmao why are you dragging that here honestly, There is age restriction on this community and if anyone decides to trick their way into here without being of the right age how is that our fault or anything of that sort?

Also I never took part in Rape RP myself, I just dont see a real reason to change rules just because you don't feel "comfortable" with this thing. As I said above, it is literally a thing of saying //stop...you might also go and ALT+F4 if you "panic" and also if I recall right sexual RP itself is not allowed to be RPd out in game anyway. 

Age restrictions have been removed from this community.

And they have also allowed sexual RP to take place in game again.

Edited by yuthee

10 minutes ago, Ansolari said:

-User has been warned for this post.-

How that isn't a rule 4 baffles me lol

1 minute ago, Majoo said:

There is age restriction on this community and if anyone decides to trick their way into here without being of the right age how is that

Not sure if you are out of the loop, but there is no more age restriction in this community.

+1 This shit is getting out of control. Like maybe my morals are just way to high, but for god's sake. Please if anything don't allow this anymore. I was there when hardly anything was allowed RP wise, but now after seeing some of the screenshots of what has been said to people even if its just ooc perms. Its out of control, it seems in most cases people are doing it for the sake of being the most edgy person on the server. Honestly sick of it, we have no age restriction. I get its the internet and its the last place where people don't really have to worry about being "PC" but this is far past the line. 

Yes. It's cringey as fuck and honestly a little depressing when I see people doing that. It's like...mad lonely shit to be doing anyways. But hey that's just my opinion. 

If there's anyone here that wants to defend Rape RP please explain to me why you think it should stay because I really can't think of a reason other than "It's really funny and I get to make memes about it with my boyz in discord lmao" that would be given. 

Idk tbh

There have been countless reports of people doing sexual RP in game and being reports / banned for it. People are told to keep it to steam and have been for years, why the sudden change? 

It should stay off the server. As @ScarletRose has said, if the person is underage for the conduct and is being incited into carrying it out that in itself isn't legal. This type of conduct cannot be on the servers because of the severity it could bring to individuals and the community. It's a serious issue. Regardless of "//no" sometimes people will be underage and do it anyway, it can happen anywhere. 

Keep it to 3rd party platforms, it doesn't need to be in game. 

4 minutes ago, yuthee said:

Age restrictions have been removed from this community.

3 minutes ago, Onyx said:

Not sure if you are out of the loop, but there is no more age restriction in this community.

noticed now, yes I was gone for some time. I edited my post

Just now, Para said:

Keep it to 3rd party platforms, it doesn't need to be in game. 

+1 

If there's anyone out there that unironically does it to "further RP" or whatever, then go further it on steam. Doesn't need to happen on the servers and if anyone is adamant that it does then that just makes me think i'm right and you only want it to stay for the meme.