Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 06:32
Sign in to follow this  
JackZRP

Remove Gun Collision with Entities

Poll  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Just looking to get some opinions on this suggestion of completely removing gun collisions with zombies and players.

It's ridiculous that you cannot shoot zombies when they run up close to you with your weapon, especially when quite a few surround you there's practically no chance of survival rather than logging off.

I believe the gun collisions should be removed with all entities as well as its also a bit ridiculous in for example a firefight when you and an enemy are in a small space and you literally cannot shoot each other.

What do you guys think?

Edited by JackZRP

I agree, your rifle wouldn't just snap back if somebody ran into it or a zombie.

Personally i think this goes hand in hand with stamina, since you can't outrun the zombies your only other option is to kill them. Since you can't shoot them if they are too close (which they most likely will be since you can't outrun them) the only option left is to melee them. That only works if there are a max of 2-3 zombies. I'd much rather see 2x stamina back than remove gun collision.  

Posted (edited)

It makes sense logically speaking however, it also leaves it open for problems such as mentioned above. If you agro one zombie about 300 rush you leaving you unable to defend yourself at all unless you have a ladder near by. I agree with Nozzy but it's six and two threes for me really.

EDIT: I do like the collision with doors walls and so on though so i'm for it in regards to players and zombies but not walls and doors etc.

Edited by General Rickets

Ye 

You cant out run ehm 

You try and shoot and the gun fly into your face

Remove it as a whole then it's shit either way you cant even aim through windows

I think Misho is saying removing it entirely is not possible, as it is a core part of the game mechanics for DayZ. But, I am not too sure.

Posted (edited)

Irl you cant fully aim your gun if someone stands that close to you.

and for PVP, Well its a RP server. start fistfighting if you cant shoot them from that close.

+ its not possible to remove those animations. close this thread pls

Edited by Jackfish

I mean I've been killed in a firefight because a zombie ran in front of me and stopped me shooting, but it's not that much of a tilter, just hop on a car or object and it solves all your problems

I think it's a great feature that makes you have to think before you act and evaluate your positioning.  Removing it would not only remove some immersion especially for close combat, it would be just a cheap way out of people not being able to adapt.  

I think it's more of a nuisance than something to rage over and remove.

Yes what i was saying is that there is no way to change this via mods so the thread is effectively done. I like the mechanic and would keep it regardless but its really not something even worth discussing since its out of our reach.

-1  Voted no.

It's a realistic game mechanic that I for one prefer. I do have to admit from time to time it gets annoying when you're leaning over a watchtower or beside the corner of a wall and your gun rises, but I still like it.

Seeing as Misho confirmed this isn't possible this thread is pretty much dead.
I for one hate the gun collision when it comes to zombies realistically I would hit him with my gun but since that isn't an option and the game refuses to add that double stamina seems to be the only option.

Holy fuck, gun collision can be so annoying man.

I wish there were a better collision mechanic; one that instead of making you raise your gun to the sky, makes it so you just cant move forward if your raised weapon would be colliding with the wall. I feel like that would be much less annoying, but I guess it sucks that there's nothing the devs can do.

3 hours ago, Jackfish said:

Irl you cant fully aim your gun if someone stands that close to you.

and for PVP, Well its a RP server. start fistfighting if you cant shoot them from that close.

+ its not possible to remove those animations. close this thread pls

ummmm what? first of all, yes you can, second yes its an RP server we know that but sometimes you need to shoot people or zombies. If you want to fist fight them and die then you go ahead but I'd rather live. third, its very annoying trying to aim out of certain windows but because of the mechanic you literally cant. Lastly you're not a staff member dont tell people to close other peoples threads. Thanks

Just now, Dusty said:

Holy fuck, gun collision can be so annoying man.

I wish there were a better collision mechanic; one that instead of making you raise your gun to the sky, makes it so you just cant move forward if your raised weapon would be colliding with the wall. I feel like that would be much less annoying, but I guess it sucks that there's nothing the devs can do.

I don't know what you're talking about it's really fun and intuitive and immersive to not be able to shoot an infected just because it's within a three foot radius of you and then it gets to eat your ass and destroy your whole outfit. It's such an epic mechanic. Honestly just make the zombies stronger. 

Seeing as this conversation will sadly lead nowhere, this thread will now be locked. If you still would like to discuss the mechanic in itself, feel free to make a thread over there.