Server time: 2019-04-22, 03:18
Elijah Johnson

Base destruction trolling issue

Base destruction issue  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So all I hear about and see is based being trolled by can’t think of a polite word so I won’t say anything, but you think it’s fun to run around and despawn everyone’s gear that’s sad and trolling.

Go back to normal dayz if you want to troll and be a blight on dayzrp community it’s jot wanted.

you the people know you wouldn’t like it if you spent the time building a settlement or base for someone to destroy it because they can with no Roleplay reason to.

Destroying bases is a part of dayz. I do agree about extending the amount of time you should spend on destroying it. 

Based are cool but there are also people who troll with them. 

We've had relative luck with our base down in Cherno. Yes it gets broken into daily, but the groups have been OOC respectful enough not to tear it down. It's allowed us to keep RPing there despite the attacks which is good enough for me

I have a solution. Make only gates destructible. This allows people to raid and will keep griefing down. 

I think it would be be cool if their was unbreakable walls, but gates are able to be broken into. If something like this was implemented their would have to be further rules to prevent abuse of unbreakable objects.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

I have a solution. Make only gates destructible. This allows people to raid and will keep griefing down. 

This 100%, would cut down on the griefing dramatically while also making it so people can get into your base. The only bad thing i see with this is that if someone attacks a base they know they can only come through the gate but it sounds like a good trade-off to me. 

Posted (edited)

There is a griefing rule for a reason, people do it to troll you report them.
Don't remove full destruction just so people can have invincible bases.

Edited by Eagle

13 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Their are no logs for base destruction which makes it very easy to grief bases and get away with it.

I don't see how making it take longer to destroy walls will help prevent people from griefing your base every day at 3am your time (personal experience back in Free Territory).

If the devs can make it so only the gate is destructible that'd be an interesting discussion but I feel it might be abused. 

What happened to the logs for destroying walls?

2 minutes ago, YO_MIKE said:

Their are no logs for base destruction which makes it very easy to grief bases and get away with it.

There is unless something changed with the new patch.

Posted (edited)

If there are logs for base destruction, why have they been a few griefing reports lately that get close for "lack of evidence" or "no one coming forward"?

Edited by Simatho

There was the Rogovo case. The report just got shut down without logs ever being fetched. And the case at topolka dam, no logs. I wonder that are these logs really available? And making the gates destructible sounds like a good idea. Because usually gates have to be made from lighter materials, to make it actually movable by one man, in RP senses, but walls would require a ton of more time. Especially when reinforced with iron.

1 minute ago, Simatho said:

If there are logs for base destruction, why have they been a few griefing reports lately that get close for "lack of evidence" or "no one coming forward"?

Perhaps its because they need the time of the event.

29 minutes ago, Eagle said:

The logs are broken to an extent and if they are retrievable it takes a considerable amount of time to find them. 

Extend the time to destroy bases and limit the tools you can use to do it. If its difficult to acquire/craft the relevant tools, you will have a harder time of griefing. I'm a firm believer that the effort to destroy a base should be at least equal to the effort that went in to making it, if not more so. The more steps one has to take to grief, the less likely they are to do it, either through lack of willpower or lack of resources.

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

Agreed. 

Could just do something like rust and make it take like 2 hours to take down a wall with an axe. 

Im currently working on expanding the basebuilding items we have available, unfortunately, until we find the culprit of the craftable related server crashes, we cant implement any new stuff like that.

But once thats found and dealt with a lot more base options will become available to DayZRP, reinforced walls, log walls, new damaging objects to put around your base etc, as well as new obects for decoration and resource management inside of it. There's even full buildings that are built like the modular watchtower in the plans.

This is quite a big project so it will take some time longer, in the meantime keep discussion and we will monitor and possibly make changes to the current system.

Whenever you set out to make a base you have to accept that it's going to get raided, be clever about where you put them, or don't build overly large or obviously because it will beckon people to break in, the fact that bases can be broken into should remain in my opinion as it gives people a reason to be active if they want to protect what they have built, otherwise you could just run around, loot up, go store it all, log out in your base, rinse and repeat, and for an RP server this would be pretty strange if that was all you wanted to do, I understand people want a stash of supplies and that is fair, but just know that it's not permanent

2 hours ago, DaRsnn said:

Whenever you set out to make a base you have to accept that it's going to get raided, be clever about where you put them, or don't build overly large or obviously because it will beckon people to break in, the fact that bases can be broken into should remain in my opinion as it gives people a reason to be active if they want to protect what they have built, otherwise you could just run around, loot up, go store it all, log out in your base, rinse and repeat, and for an RP server this would be pretty strange if that was all you wanted to do, I understand people want a stash of supplies and that is fair, but just know that it's not permanent

Well, my little Rogovo area wasn't a base, but a sort of RP hub. We didn't stash stuff there and the walls/towers were meant for zombies or seating.

Just now, montym said:

Well, my little Rogovo area wasn't a base, but a sort of RP hub. We didn't stash stuff there and the walls/towers were meant for zombies or seating.

Was that the one that got completely removed by someone?

Just now, DaRsnn said:

Was that the one that got completely removed by someone?

Indeed.

Yeah that shouldn't have happened, you're allowed to break in and take stuff, just as long as you don't despawn items in chests/boxes or excessively destroy walls/towers etc. 

The best thing to do currently is that if you have a base that is more of a player hub, do not store gear there, move it away into hidden stashes or tents away from that location. The previous attempt at making Kabanino a hotspot had 'the Contractors' with others setting up in the Kab piano building with a simple wall around it and a guard tower. We held no gear inside and simply used it as a strong point/hang out point before moving on. It was broken into a few times, but it was easy to fix and it was even easier to simply jump over the walls infact. 

DayZ will always be DayZ, a hidden base or stash will always be better then a base in the middle of well traveled area with 50 walls keeping intruders out.

Id prefer it to be extended time rather than removed completely

Another option would be to simply limit base building to settlements or approved groups. Would mean the server would be abit more stable and noone would just be grabbing gear and hiding it away in a walled up house ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There just really isn't any reason to build a base unless there's a 20 man group that owns it.