Server time (UTC): 2019-08-26, 06:26
Sign in to follow this  
Jamm

Inactive Character Reset

Inactive Character Resets?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the recent decision to up the server pop from 100 to 120 plus a lot of new players recently with the added gun mod etc. I feel like the frequency of finding certain rarer loot items has plummeted even with the higher number of possible weapons and gear. In my opinion i feel this is becasue some newer members of the community have joined, geared up and become inactive, some maybe to never return, taking some gear out of the loot economy until there is another server wipe. My suggestion is that after a certain number of days inactive (14 days?) a players character is reset and their gear redistributed into the loot economy to keep the spawns of weapon and gear up for the more active members of the community.

When I say inactive characters I don't mean on the forums, people can have as many inactive characters on the forms as they want, in referring to on the server, many people will log in, spawn a fresh character and gear them up then log out never to return, all the gear on the character is then lost to the economy, if you are switching between different characters on the forums, it is all the same "in game" character save used so there is no inactive character and no loot out of distribution.

Posted (edited)

What Jamm means if that if someone hasn't played for however long, their character in the database will be wiped and when they log in they will have none of the gear they logged out with for however long.

This stops players from logging out with a backpack full or automatics which could go to other people because those automatics are taken out of the loot table.

Similar to how stashes get wiped after 48 hours of inactivity.

Edited by Drake

I personally don't think it is necessary, loot tables are a bit gone yeah (I haven't found an automatic weapon since the February update was released on day 1), but finding the rarer loot it easy, the people that get to the loot before others, simply get robbed for it, then the holder of the rare loot dies and subsequently donates it back into the loot cycle, or passes it on to the next person who will repeat the cycle, if you are an active member of the community, you will 100% run into at least one person who has what you're looking for, so if you want it, you rob them for it, I only loot around for clothes and food, guns are easy to find on others 🙂

I mean if you want an automatic gun just rob someone for it and give them some good old rp. Not only do you get what you want, you also further storylines.
Problem solved.

Rare loot does not develope roleplay.

29 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I mean if you want an automatic gun just rob someone for it and give them some good old rp. Not only do you get what you want, you also further storylines.
Problem solved.

Literally that ^^ 

That would literally mean if someone decides to take a break from playing for a bit or go to vacation or whatnot...you lose everything only cause of that and have to gear up? Not sure about you but i'd be pissed.

If you need a "gun" so much then go get it from someone's hands or loot spawn, the choice is yours to make.

I should be punished for keeping my character alive what? no.

16 hours ago, Eagle said:

I should be punished for keeping my character alive what? no.

you should probably read the post before commenting

Hes talking about people who have not played on the server for like a month having their gear in game reset, to allow for the loot economy to redistribute stuff.

Since they are not playing and just holding the gun in their character

12 minutes ago, nisbo said:

Hes talking about people who have not played on the server for like a month having their gear in game reset, to allow for the loot economy to redistribute stuff.

I'm going on holiday for like 4 weeks and don't think I'll be getting on during that time, should I be punished because of that?

At the end of the day, just rob people for what you want if you're desperate for an Automatic. People having 1 gun and some ammo doesn't ruin the loot economy, the stashes of shit people keep for no reason, that's what fucks it but that's been lowered to a 48 hour timer anyway.

Big old no for this one.

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2019 at 11:14 AM, nisbo said:

So just because I have to stay afk for a month because of the tests and presentations big projects on college

should I be punished for it?
Oh hell não for this.

Edited by Wesley Snow

Voting yes on the condition that it takes a total of 2 months.

If you are genuinely inactive for 60 days I see no reason why your shit shouldn't be placed back in the economy.

-1 for me. This is not needed at all. If you need a certain weapon or clothing get out there and find it. Why should someone have their character reset just because of inactivity?

Hell, this is an example: Just say if this was to go into effect and Person A had to leave out of town for a family emergency, maybe a funeral or so on, maybe they had to be away to get affairs in order, you're to tell me they should have their character reset because they couldn't get IG? Na, I wouldn't agree to this at all, why punish someone for having a life'?

-1 from me. 

I don't agree with resetting somebody's character. Not everybody stops playing because they lose interest in the server. Some have IRL issues etc. Furthermore, if you're craving some of the rarer gear, find an opportune target and rob them and roleplay. As Phoenix has said, if all goes well, you get what you want, and you start/progress storylines in the process.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feed back in his one guys! it recieved more attention than I expected but I'm going to close the poll as I can see it's quite an unpopular suggestion, it was mostly an idea that popped into my head while playing and due to the change to wipe hidden stashes every 48 hrs I felt this suggestion filled a similar vein as that. Again thanks for all your feedback!

Edited by Jamm