Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Soren

Tank Traps Despawning

Should the 3 day timer on tanktraps/wirefences be removed?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 3 day timer on tanktraps/wirefences be removed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I DON'T CARE GIVE ME TACOS!

Soren    0

Hey there

So after crying for about 10 hours after finding out that tank traps and wire fences disapear after 3 days, I decided to make this post.

I was not aware of the feature that tanktraps would disapear after a short amount of time, and I really don't like that.

I have together with my group for the past couple of days been looting and looting and looting and looting factory for wirefences and tank traps, to create an awesome public base near guglovo, we have used atleast 40 of them.

And now that we were finally about to call it ready to be revealed to the public, we noticed that they started despawning after restarts.

Why is this feature in? I mean, I know people could technically go and fence cherno in, but still, people can remove them if they are placed annoyingly. This is in the woods and is for no harm, other than a cool RP reason.

Tents can be quite annoying over time though, as only the owner of it, can remove it, but for god sake, NOT THE WIREFENCES/TANKTRAPS

I would like to make a vote regarding who think this feature should be removed. It breaks a cool roleplay feature I was planning to have for my group, and it makes the little hope for basebuilding, vanish.

I mean, Free Medics have a custom made base, we have to work with wirefences and tanktraps, and now we can't even use them?

What do you guys think? (I know wirefencing kits can give graphical errors, but what about tanktraps only?)

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Can it be changed? It would be a good idea except for those damn road blocks.

Astraal    3

perhaps some activation thing like with the tents could be made, so that abandoned tanktraps disappear?

Ethanorg    0

perhaps some activation thing like with the tents could be made, so that abandoned tanktraps disappear?

yeah, activation would be nice.

Khardia    0

It is meant to avoid servers' overload (that would cause lags and glitches).

I think?

If I'm right (I think that makes sense), then no, we couldn't remove the timer on tank traps.

If I'm not, maybe we could :)

Would need a dev's answer here

Soren    0

It is meant to avoid servers' overload (that would cause lags and glitches).

I think?

If I'm right (I think that makes sense), then no, we couldn't remove the timer on tank traps.

If I'm not, maybe we could :)

Would need a dev's answer here

If you could talk with some of the DayZRP Developers, asking if it's possible, that would be great. I don't care about the wirefences, our base is mainly build out of tanktraps anyway. Wirefences give graphical issues, tank traps don't.

Please make something happen, every second counts, and our tank traps are despawning >:o

Nah but seriously, if you could pull some strings, that would be great *wink wink*