Server time (UTC): 2019-07-17, 09:27
Sign in to follow this  
Stradic

S1: BadRP - Chernogorsk | 03/24/2019 - 03:00

Server and location: S1, Chernogorsk

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 24/03/19 - I believe it was around 03:00 server time not entirely sure sorry. 

Your in game name: Gerry Oats

Names of allies involved: @Connvexus plus others in the area, but unsure of names. 

Name of suspect/s: Unsure of name logs should show.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: 

@Connvexus and myself are hanging around our pub when the suspect comes up to us. We can tell instantly the suspect sounds young when Pops asked if he is lost, he responds with 'No, I got killed' we try to play it off that he is simply confused and carry on with the RP when I ask if he wants to box as we had finished building up our little arena. I proceed to knock him out in the ring and when I head back to my tent, he has run inside of the pub. I then proceed to log off to clarify with staff if the underage rule is still a thing when I am told that it isn't. I then log back on while @Connvexus tells me that the suspect is taking drugs and proceeding to do the suicide animation as well as just spin around in circles on the spot. 

This is where my video comes into play. I go outside and regroup with the others who are trying to restrain him to take his gun as they did not feel safe with the way he had been acting with his gun prior, his shotgun is taken off him when he shows that he also has a pistol so we request that he hands that over as well, but after numerous requests simply refuses and proceeds to jump into the water. We begin following while he swims towards land again requesting that he hands the pistol over to us, but he just sprints back to where he had initially jumped into the water refusing to hand over his pistol. A compromise is then given that if he wants to stay he needs to give us the pistol otherwise he needs to leave town in which he does not go with either suggestion. The server lags for a split second and the suspect either lagged out or disconnected. 

My POV: (what happened before the video)

So @Stradic and I were RPing with a guy we came across when out of nowhere this dude sprints past us, and starts looking around etc. We ask him for his name, immediately hearing he is very young. I asked him if he was lost (being a kid and all) and if we could help him, and he proceeded to say "Yeah I was just killed". We tried to shrug it off and pretended he must have been just confused.
We took him out back where he had a go at the fighting ring we built, and then proceeded to call people "players".
He then ran around our pub sprinting everywhere and looking through all our stuff, kept doing the suicide animation multiple times in front of 5+ people, kept spinning on the spot, saying he wants to OD on drugs, the list goes on and on.
Then the rest is in the video above.
I'd like to add we gave him so many chances to comply with our requests, yet he simply didn't care and just kept ignoring us. Anyone else would have shot him, the only reason we didn't is cause we didn't want to kill a child IC.

TL;DR: BadRP, NVFL and clearly has no concept of any of the rules we have in place, at all.

Chat Logs:

03:38:10 : Global: Pops McGee: //I would have shot him by now if he wasn't a kid IC
03:39:33 : Global: Pops McGee: //he just logged or crashed lmao

Connection Logs:

02:55:39 : Player Noobu Astov connected
03:39:20 : Player Noobu Astov disconnected

Calling In:

@Stradic - Gerry Oats | POSTED

@Connvexus - Pops McGee | POSTED

@kajohnray - Noobu Astov

For their full, detailed POV. Along with any other evidence that they may have of this situation. 

Yeah maybe you didn't mention how you duct taped me, took my stuff and tried to locked me up?

I used joint cause i was bored and wanted some reaction, I was playing along, but doing suicide animation might have been a little extreme of me so I apologize for that.But the need of chasing me with 5 men is also a little extreme. They wanted to kick me out of Chernogorsk just because i had a gun and they were "scared". They took my shotgun away and i was left with a pistol that they didn't take, so they attempted to take that, by chasing me down. I tried to ran away, was on top of shaft when I crashed and decided to stop playing.

I also find that most of the players I come across in this community tend to take advantage of me, robbing me was no exception but it's part of DayZ.

@kajohnray Can you please provide your full Point of View of what happened. Also, why didn’t you try to reconnect after you said your game crashed? 

Oh I simply didn't want to log on again after getting rekt

The video explains it

Since @kajohnray still hasn't provided a full and detailed POV of this situation, he will now be temp banned for that as well as the excessive amount of rulebreaks we see in this report.

Seeing that @kajohnray has been online since the temp ban was put in place we will go ahead and verdict this report. Since we have enough evidence.

Verdict:

@kajohnray - BadRP/Combat Log/Lying in Report/NVFL | Guilty

Explanation:

To shortly summarize the situation. @kajohnray is in Cherno when he is met by a few others who are around the compound. They are just hanging around talking when @kajohnray gets restrained. They take his weapon for his safety, they then find out he has a pistol and proceed to take that too. Asking him multiple times to drop the weapon, with him not complying. He jumps into the water and tries to get away. Once back on land he runs they keep saying if he doesn't stop he will be shot or killed, he continues to run to the little stand and climbs on top. After about a minute of being up there he logs out.

Moving onto the rulebreaks that are in question. The first one that I will discuss is BadRP. The first time we notice the BadRP is when @kajohnray is seen spinning in circles at the beginning of the video. The second point of BadRP is where you are trying to avoid the RP by running away from everything they are saying to you. This ties in with the next rulebreak which is No Value for Life. You can hear in the video multiple times where they give you a demand. You can see that you are out numbered and out gunned. But you still don't comply with what they say, you can hear them say if you don't stop they will shoot you. This is where the NVFL is brought in because you were not valuing your characters life. Next, we will talk about the Combat Log and the Lying in a Report. First you were avoiding RP and then once you realized that it wasn't going to plan you logged out on top of the shack. You say your game crashed but made no attempt to log back in and if your game crashed there would be no disconnect logs. Even if your game crashes you are supposed to log back in.

The rules that support these rulebreaks are:

• 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.
  • 4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Before I close out I would like to make a few suggestion for future situations. In the future your character needs to behave realistically and value his life in hostile situations. Next, when it comes to hostile situations you may not log out until 30 minutes have passed. There was a hostile situation when they told you to you would be shot if you don't hand over the weapon. I would suggest that you look back over the rules to refresh yourself with them.

Outcome:

@kajohnray - BadRP/Combat Log/Lying in Report/NVFL | Guilty - 10 Day Ban & 15 Warning Points | Aggravated + Whitelist Revoked + Character Permed

Signed By: @Phoenix, @lukaszxe, & @RandyRP