Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 03:34
Sign in to follow this  
SgtPretzel

Groups initiate way too much and shoot way too fast.

I'll start this off by saying, I'm kinda new. I've got 20 hours on the server and I've been held up a lot. I can't go one step forward without going two back, getting held up by the same group over half of the times I've been held up. It's fine, I get it but they also shoot way too quickly. I've got the video to boot. I think I was shot way too quickly, I immediately faced a wall after being initiated on by a group of three. I had less than 2 seconds and I was shot. Luckily I didn't die and I was patched up but tell me your opinions, was I shot too quickly or do I need to react faster?  Please , tell me what you think. Thanks

-Martin.

Posted (edited)

No I totally agree you were shot quickly, I would like to apologize for my group mate. Hopefully you enjoyed the RP after you were shot, if you have any further questions about that situation in particular feel free to PM me. 

Edited by ScarRP

Posted (edited)

Honestly you were shot way to quick imo,  wasn't even a second after the initiation was dropped lmao

Edited by Shroud

It is not just group that do this, but this is a thing with RP, unfortenately when it comes to having a gun out any elight movement will pretty much get you shot on the server.

Either way. As seen above they know they did wrong and they provided decent RP and you didnt die 😛 no issue with that?

Totally agreed that they shot you way too quickly, however luckily it was a warning shot and it actually seemed good roleplay from them.

As someone who got yeet'd for this, roleplay over ruleplay. They wanted for you to drop your gun and not get shot so they put a warning shot in you.

Luckily it wasn't a .338 

I agree, but disagree at the same time.

Lets take a look at this objectively and using your video as reference as well for this particular example. You find yourself in a military base in 'The Triangle' which is a high risk area patrolled by bandits. This is due to the high loot areas of NWAF, Vybor Military base and Tizy if you wish to go that far north. The Triangle is well known for being pretty much the wild west and if traversed alone, you could easily find yourself missing some items and some teeth getting rattled out of your head for your troubles. Lone players and small groups should not feel safe in such area's when large bandit groups roll around with impunity there. Its pretty much like the ocean, you are a single small fish or a small school, a hungry predator fish comes or another school of bigger fish come, they will eat you....though sometimes....

ZYbcPRL.jpg?fb

You should never feel safe unless you have fifty killers in the tree's waiting to sweep in to your rescue. Its a dog eat dog world and you occasionally, sometimes, look like a whole snack.

I saw this and your report,

You've been beaten around a lot ngl. The report verdict, i'm not gonna lie, i thought was a shambles. Yes you stuck up a middle finger, but you were still unarmed, and merely seconds into the initiation. To drop you instantly is far too quick, and a middle finger is not non-compliant enough to warrant just gassing a hostage. Sorry lads, a middle finger isn't a threat to your life. 

In this situation, you were literally shot the second you turn around and the initiation wasn't even that clear. So yea, shit's gotta be better.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Para said:

I saw this and your report,

You've been beaten around a lot ngl. The report verdict, i'm not gonna lie, i thought was a shambles. Yes you stuck up a middle finger, but you were still unarmed, and merely seconds into the initiation. To drop you instantly is far too quick, and a middle finger is not non-compliant enough to warrant just gassing a hostage. Sorry lads, a middle finger isn't a threat to your life. 

In this situation, you were literally shot the second you turn around and the initiation wasn't even that clear. So yea, shit's gotta be better.

The kill is valid because he mistakenly raised his finger? That verdict is wack. That's how you get new members to misunderstand the rules and/or leave.

Edited by OldSchool

1 minute ago, OldSchool said:

The kill is valid because he mistakenly raised his finger? That's verdict is wack. That's how you get new members to misunderstand the rules and/or leave.

"Non-compliance" would require extensive refusal to follow demands, not a single middle finger raising. Not the first questionable verdict to come out recently. But yes, apparently the second my hostage raises a middle finger during an initiation I can drop him 🤷‍♂️

People are snowflakes, just cus someone insults or raises fingers, you want to shoot them? Proper RP it out. Yes you can be hostile but no need to kill off. This man shot him once and it was like a warning shot. Look that's proper hostile RP. 

Hostile RP can be very fun but don't be trigger friendly pls. 

You were shot WAY too fast. I had to rewatch the video three times and I'm still hearing 'Step bull in a bush' or some shit, that was a terrible initiation, and he shot you way too fast.

I agree with you and I think @ScarRP summed it up nicely and apologized for what happened. 

If you feel like a rule was broken you should either report it or talk to the man on DM's.

In my opinion doesnt matter if you were shot, if you were killed yes it could have been bad. You were just shot. 

If you don't like the hostileRP you are getting I recommend you try and move away from the triangle a bit more often. All the groups that have been initiating on you normally stay around the triangle due to an on-going war I believe, so best if you try find somewhere else to RP until the war is over. Also, ass licking is a good way to get out of it *winks*.

Yeah, you were def shot too fast and that sucks but I'm glad you weren't gassed completely. I think part of the issue is location. The Triangle is known for it's ... stellar ... RP and a hub for a lot of new players to gather at. Because new players tend to be a little more ... Uh jumpy let's say, I see the HostileRPers being more itchy with their trigger fingers. 

Best bet is to move away from the Triangle and report any Rule Breaks you see/encounter. If you don't want to report, you can always DM the person and talk it out as well. Pop in the Help Desk ask for some logs if you got whacked and they'll provide the name to you baring you are wanting to talk it out. 

Shot way too fast. This is what annoys me, because it’s a looks like an unplanned last minute hold up that nearly went completely wrong if you had died. They should learn to initiate whilst you’re not facing them.

Granted it may be the triangle but you can’t gurantee that’s the ONLY bandit area. 

People are too quick to pull the trigger cause they are worried about the consequences to their actions.

Also seeing the last report, I think learning the emote wheel can help. Pressing “.” Will lead you to many emotes. However I think you’ve learned VMC = you getting shot a lot 😕 

I definitely agree that you were shot way too quickly, but in hindsight, you were moving rather sporadically.

Should they have shot? No, you were surrounded and outgunned, they could easily have taken the chance and give you a bit of breathing room without having to worry about retaliation.

However, that doesn't mean there aren't steps you can take to deal with people who are fast on the trigger 😉 

When the initiation dropped, the absolute smartest thing to do in all cases is to stand completely and utterly still, if you have anything in your hands you simply press G to drop it and then put both of your hands up by pressing F5.

If you managed to do that, it is difficult for them to misinterpret any movement you might accidentally do.

Again I am not defending them shooting you, I can understand why they did but it doesn't excuse it.

I'm just giving you a tip on how to avoid getting shot by someone who is triggerhappy.

Posted (edited)

I like you, so I'll give you some advice. 

The triangle is known for being very robbery-intensive, and typically this is the standard 10 sec drop weps regime with a little more glamour so it doesn't look like rule play. Stay away from there at least for now until you are ready to deal with that. 

While it might seem as though the only RP you'll get is at the triangle, if you try to explore the map, you'll find much more (and much better) roleplay. 

Just a tip: originality comes from incompetence. Acting just a little more natural in your roleplay will take you far here. Your roleplay needs to be as far away from the "knows everything, sees everything, stronger than everything" supersoldier type as possible. 

Edited by Monday

Posted (edited)

Skimmed through the thread. While it was a mistake on their part, I don’t think this incident is necessarily part of the bigger issue but sheds some light on what is going on. When I first joined hostile RP didn’t always lead to an initiation and firefights or being shot.

People keep telling me I’m looking at the past with rose tinted goggles but that’s just not the truth. I don’t want to point fingers or place blame on any one individual or group, but it’s obviously an issue. You shouldn’t have to hide away on certain portions of the map to avoid the endless war zone. 

It use to be a firefight would happen 1-3 times on a 8 hour play sessions. Now it feels like there’s one pooping off every 15-20 minutes. It’s ridiculous. 

Some people just want a group of friends to do PvP with the minimim roleplay. I think this mentality is allowed to grow on the forums and spread as well. There shouldn’t be “dank PvP montages” in media threads. Media threads use to be about taking awesome screenshots and showing off your roleplay. Not putting shitty trap music over footage of someone killing a bunch of people. 

Edited by Zero

Posted (edited)

I think just being in triangle makes you more likely to get robbed, but the fact is that this kind of way to fast robberies and shots are all to common. You get taken...

If you ask questions = stop asking questions or your dead

If you talk back a few time = talk back again and your dead

If you try to talk for a bit = talk again and your dead

From what i have seen in past it seems like robbers want you silent and just follow along so they can get the min required rp. without much character interactions. so they can rob everything you have without losing in a report.

People rarely leave room for the hostage to act in character and actually give something to the situation. (from my experiance/opinion)

Also I think Initations are fine, but they dont always have to be robberies, do it for the RP not the gear

Edited by nisbo

Howdy! I was the one who shot you and I hope I can provide a bit of context to the situation. Originally, the person behind us got intiated upon. That was about 5 secs before you were intiated on. I never accounted for you not hearing his intiation, so I meant to fire a warning shot. Sadly I am such a shit shot that it ended up hitting you. Thats on me, I went of my internal timer counting from when he originally intiated, not when you were intiated upon. Sorry for any inconvenicence, and have a nice day!

Dude when you venture into the "Toxic Triangle", things like this will happen quite often.

Just now, Zero said:

People keep telling me I’m looking at the past with rose tinted goggles but that’s just not the truth. I don’t want to point fingers or place blame on any one individual or group, but it’s obviously an issue. You shouldn’t have to hide away on certain portions of the map to avoid the endless war zone. 

I disagree. The past was more interesting to you because you were more involved with it. Everyone does this. I look back at the beginning of the Lore Wipe fondly but I can acknowledge it's not half as good as I remember it being, I was just more involved then so I recall it as such. I promise 2016 and 2017 were just the same as they are now, just with different faces and different names. Watch some old footage. 

Secondly what I never understood was why people don't band together to go after the big mean groups that are making up north a war zone? @Eddie and I had this discussion recently and he said himself that while they tried this and didn't win it was better than sitting on his ass whining about it on the radio and doing nothing about it. And it grew RP for both sides and led to character development. People don't "Have" to hide away. They're choosing to hide away instead of coming up with a plan, furthering RP for both sides, or any other option they had. If i'm being an asshole to people, robbing them, marking them, booting them from their camp I'm not doing that to pleasure myself. I WANT people to come back and do something about it. I want to be able to have that kind of impact on someones character where they get a group together and go out of their way to kick my shit in. 

The issue in my honest opinion after spending years on both sides of the argument is that while HostileRP can and does go sideways sometimes and can lean too far into straight up PVP territory, the bulk of the blame for "Dead RP" and "Stale RP" rests on the shoulders of those that actively choose to go to those corners of the map and complain about being in a corner of the map. RP and character growth is not handed to one, it needs to be earned. RP is a two way street. 

All that aside I think that while they definitely shot too fast here and have acknowledged that, they didn't mow you down and did apparently continue to RP with you afterwards and according to them tried to make it an enjoyable experience up until the end. The only issue I see here is someone shot you in the arm too quick, that's about it. But that's just my opinion. 

Shot too fast, but I can appreciate the groups explanations and apologies and hope they learn and grow from the situation.

I also appreciate that you didnt throw up a report right away and instead looked to discuss and figure things out - something I wish more in the community would try to do.

Points and bans are temporary fixes, not long term solutions!